Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    What classic DCU elements were missing from the Green Lantern franchise? Along with Batman & Co., Green Lantern wasn't rebooted. The only changes made to their histories were ones to accommodate the reboots done to everyone else, most significantly Green Arrow's reboot removing Hal & Ollie's past relationship and the JSA's reboot removing Alan Scott & Jade.
    John did not replace Hal. The events of GL 87 & 185 never happened.

John was not married to an alien (as far as we know).

His father, granny and I think another brother vanished. You saw a family photo of them in the original series but Secret Origins only showed his mother and sister.

We still don't know how many heroes know of the members outside of Hal. Some seem to know John & Hal & Guy.

Pretty much the origins of the others changed to where no one got a ring at the expense of another.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    What classic DCU elements were missing from the Green Lantern franchise? Along with Batman & Co., Green Lantern wasn't rebooted. The only changes made to their histories were ones to accommodate the reboots done to everyone else, most significantly Green Arrow's reboot removing Hal & Ollie's past relationship and the JSA's reboot removing Alan Scott & Jade.
    I am all for bringing back Hal and Ollie's friendship. It was nice to know that the League had stong almost family like bonds. Hal & Ollie, Hal & Barry, Barry & Ralph, Ray & Carter...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    I'm probably the only one that feels this way, but I'd like a return of Ferrin Colos and The Darkstars.
    There are a lot of cool cosmic DC elements that are either not being used or are being misused. I would like Abnett to write a GL book because he has shown the ability to take an unused cosmic corner of a major publisher and turn it into the best aspect of their entire line up. The Darkstars, L.E.G.I.O.N., the Omega Men (though not the latest iteration), the Vegan galaxy, Dominators, Dark Circle, Khunds tons of potential entities for the GLC to face (no need to be rainbow faction exclusives). I am really rooting for HJ&tGLC because if done right there is enough content for multiple titles.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Pretty much the origins of the others changed to where no one got a ring at the expense of another.
    I was shocked and dismayed when I saw scenes of 'rookie' Kyle hanging out with the corps on Oa.

I would LOVE to see some more LEGION or Darkstars floating around. There are lots of opportunities for Space battles and conflict with out EVERYONE using a power ring of some color.. There was just a 'sameness' that I got bored to tears with around Blackest Night.

Astonishing Member

What is Kyle Rayner's backstory in New 52 anyway?

What's the story right now with Tomar Re? Is he still dead? He seems to show up in all the movies and cartoons and what not... but I loved his original COIE death SOOOOO much. ONe of my all time favorite Green Lantern scenes ever.

I know they had a relative of Tomar Tu floating around in the 90's and early vol. 4... but not sure his status either.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nah. That was just a classic misunderstanding. If you read the "GL" issue, you'll see what was going on from the other side.
    Which issue is that? Might have missed one then because last I remember, Hal was as confused as everyone that the Corps was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    What's the story right now with Tomar Re? Is he still dead? He seems to show up in all the movies and cartoons and what not... but I loved his original COIE death SOOOOO much. ONe of my all time favorite Green Lantern scenes ever.

I know they had a relative of Tomar Tu floating around in the 90's and early vol. 4... but not sure his status either.
    I think Tomar-Re is dead. Didn't he appear in the Dead Zone during the Rise of the Third Army?

Also those wanting less Rainbow Corps, isn't that what Vendetti has been doing since he took over? I mean, they are here but don't dominate the story. GLC had the big Durlan plotline and Renegade had nothing to do with the other Lantern Corps.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What is Kyle Rayner's backstory in New 52 anyway?
    It's a little unclear, but it's something like - Hal got possessed by Parallax, took down the whole Corps in some way, Hal goes away. Kyle gets his ring, is the only Green Lantern. Then Hal overcomes Parallax, comes back, rebuilds the Corps. Kyle goes through the standard Corps training (presumably fast-tracked) and then becomes a regular Corps member. Then various spectrum-related happenings happen, and Kyle becomes the White Lantern.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    It's a little unclear, but it's something like - Hal got possessed by Parallax, took down the whole Corps in some way, Hal goes away. Kyle gets his ring, is the only Green Lantern. Then Hal overcomes Parallax, comes back, rebuilds the Corps. Kyle goes through the standard Corps training (presumably fast-tracked) and then becomes a regular Corps member. Then various spectrum-related happenings happen, and Kyle becomes the White Lantern.
    any idea about coast city being destroyed by either cyborg superman or mongul?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post

As far as I remember I think it was Kyle and Guy who rebuild the Corps, Hal did bring back Oa somehow back when he was still Parallax but in GLC/Recharge it was Guy and Kyle they personally trained the new recruits who eventually became vets like Soranik, Vath and Isamot. Guy was like a drill sergeant and Kyle was the spiritual leader of the Corps, even the Oans worship him, since it was he who resurected them as babies, and reignited the Central Power Battery with the power of ion, if not for this there would be no Corps.
    Last edited by Vision; 06-18-2016 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i'd be happy to have the darkstars back. i don't have the actual comic, but didn't ferrin die with the last remaining darkstars.
    I believe he did. Blew up I think? It's been a while since I read those issues. The last thing I re-read recently was the Trinity cosmic crossover featuring The Darkstars, GLC, and L.E.G.I.O.N.

I'm a fan of the rainbow rings/corps, but having every story touch on that or every conflict be between those groups is tiring. Mix it up I say. Bring in L.E.G.I.O.N., have red lantern, Sinestro Corps stories, throw in the Controllers and Darkstars, mix in some Malthusian gods, weave in Atari Force ( a trade is coming so I'm presuming DC can use the characters), Maggedon, Omega Men, etc...just dig into the well of cosmic toys created over the decades at DC and go wild.
    Last edited by GDC3; 06-22-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Still winning!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Tomar Re is dead.