Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah I don't find myself caring much if it's not something that makes the story. I wasn't really interested in cancelling Orson Scott Card and hearing about something like Ditko's political direction, I'm not even sure the reading experience depends on agreeing anyway
    Well DC worked with the Fables guy again so I dunno if Millar’s recent ranting will affect his ability to work with them. If he starts attacking fellow writers however, then he will never get an offer at either of the Big 2.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well DC worked with the Fables guy again so I dunno if Millar’s recent ranting will affect his ability to work with them. If he starts attacking fellow writers however, then he will never get an offer at either of the Big 2.
    I think he's still a big enough name that they'd give him a shot regardless.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

His supposed DC project is so far away that it is a bit pointleas to speculate at this point. By that time you might elect Trump again and comicsgate views might be normalized.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    By that time you might elect Trump again and comicsgate views might be normalized.
    *Laughs out loud, then cries in British as there's a high possibility our morons would re-elect Boris, the Poundland Trump*
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I think he's still a big enough name that they'd give him a shot regardless.
    His recent Magic Order, Prodigy, Night Club, Nemesis, and Big Game books have been some of his career-best work in my opinion. I’ve liked them more than pretty much anything DC has put out in the same timeframe and DC should be very happy if he’s willing to produce some Superman content for them.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I'm not quite sure what to make of those tweets myself. It sounds like Millar wants to address issues withing the industry but is misinformed about what these exact issues are and who to trust. Admittedly, that could be me being way too generous towards him and I did find his attempts to rebrand himself as a more wholesome writer in the 2010s to be rather insincere.

Millar is good at self promotion. I suspect that he saw that the talks about state of the comics industry is gaining some steam again and decided to insert himself into the conversation.

That being said, I listened to his chat with three retailers and I think it was pretty good and informative. So his involvment isn't completely bad.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Millar is good at self promotion. I suspect that he saw that the talks about state of the comics industry is gaining some steam again and decided to insert himself into the conversation.

That being said, I listened to his chat with three retailers and I think it was pretty good and informative. So his involvment isn't completely bad.
    The Millartime interviews are actually really good. Just listened to the Bendis one and I found it very informative.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not quite sure what to make of those tweets myself. It sounds like Millar wants to address issues withing the industry but is misinformed about what these exact issues are and who to trust. Admittedly, that could be me being way too generous towards him and I did find his attempts to rebrand himself as a more wholesome writer in the 2010s to be rather insincere.
    Millar is definitely not misinformed. He rose his sword against "cancel culture". As, he stated, he believes the tide pendelum is shifting against them. So, he's positioning himself in this audience.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Millar is definitely not misinformed. He rose his sword against "cancel culture". As, he stated, he believes the tide pendelum is shifting against them. So, he's positioning himself in this audience.
    He rose his sword against "cancel culture" in a way that implicitly said women were ruining comics while boosting accounts that explicitly said that - maybe that wasn't his intent/what he was trying to get at but it's how it was interpreted by both sides, like I don't think it's a good look when EVS is praising you for shining a light on the truth behind the downfall of comics or whatever.

Anyways he's walked it back and cleared the air with Gail Simone so I don't really expect this to have any impact on any future work he has planned with DC.

I think Millar is doing it to attract the attention. A publicity stunt.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    He rose his sword against "cancel culture" in a way that implicitly said women were ruining comics while boosting accounts that explicitly said that - maybe that wasn't his intent/what he was trying to get at but it's how it was interpreted by both sides, like I don't think it's a good look when EVS is praising you for shining a light on the truth behind the downfall of comics or whatever.

Anyways he's walked it back and cleared the air with Gail Simone so I don't really expect this to have any impact on any future work he has planned with DC.
    I do believe Millar intended to do that. It got more people talking about him and probably a few to check out his ongoing books.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think it’s less trolling and more that his recent Comicsgate esque tweets cost him the gig.

Fantastic Member

I think it’s less trolling and more that his recent Comicsgate esque tweets cost him the gig.
    That sucks.

I don't like Millar getting chummy with that kind of crowd. He really understands and respects Superman, would have loved to see him return to the character.

DC nowadays seem to hand Superman miniseries to writers who don't really care for him so it would have been nice to see finally a Superman fan writing a miniseries for him.