Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Also going to be lots of Brainiac and very little Daily Planet stuff outside of Lois, according to him.
    Brainiac? As long as it isn't like some recent events with Brainiac, it sounds good!

BANNED

Any new news on this?

Spectacular Member

Wonder if this might possibly be the next volume of the "Earth One" series. Just read an article over at Newsarama by J. Michael Straczynski saying he was not writing comic books anymore. Millar would be a great choice to take that series over.

I'd take it, but would rather it be something he created from the ground up. Not the biggest fan of the Earth One set up. But he certainly could make it better I'm sure.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

What didn't you like from Earth One?

BTW, I'm with ina heshima: things've been quiet on this front lately. Nothing new on this?

I thought Earth One was pretty uninspired, a few interesting ideas that turned into a standard so so comic. I wish he would have explored medical breakthroughs and such to amass his fortune and enact real positive change. Something you cant do in the main books but could explore in an else world setting.

Incredible Member

Holy heck, how have I only just found out about this?! I've been craving Mark Millar's attempt at a "definitive Superman epic" for about ten years, I kid you not. I so so hope this happens soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd take it, but would rather it be something he created from the ground up. Not the biggest fan of the Earth One set up. But he certainly could make it better I'm sure.
    Agreed.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I thought Earth One was pretty uninspired, a few interesting ideas that turned into a standard so so comic. I wish he would have explored medical breakthroughs and such to amass his fortune and enact real positive change. Something you cant do in the main books but could explore in an else world setting.
    I see where you're coming from. That notion of real change in the world is something that makes sense when it comes to Superman, who in my opinion is the only fictional character with the power to do that, even in OUR own real world. And it certainly would be extremely interesting to see. My guess it that there are some boundaries that some people simply don't cross. I mean, Grounded existed because of editorial mandate, and I'm pretty certain that at the time JMS had other, far cooler ideas in mind. Perhaps he thought about something more radical, but it was a no go.

Or yes, perhaps he didn't think about it. All is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    I see where you're coming from. That notion of real change in the world is something that makes sense when it comes to Superman, who in my opinion is the only fictional character with the power to do that, even in OUR own real world. And it certainly would be extremely interesting to see. My guess it that there are some boundaries that some people simply don't cross. I mean, Grounded existed because of editorial mandate, and I'm pretty certain that at the time JMS had other, far cooler ideas in mind. Perhaps he thought about something more radical, but it was a no go.

Or yes, perhaps he didn't think about it. All is possible.
    I don't know if you've read his Supreme Power? His take on the Superman-analogue Hyperion is plenty radical in that one. He probably had, and has, a ton of ideas for Superman.

Incredible Member

I am ready for it!

What a way to rescue an old rthread, but I think this deserves it:

Mark Millar Confirms He’s Returning to Superman

Millar let the news slip on a recent episode of his podcast, Millar Time. In an interview with Geoff Johns, the longtime DC writer asked if Millar would ever return to DC, which is where Millar dropped the news that he has plans for an all-new Superman series. “I’m under contract, so I have to do a certain amount of stuff (at Netflix),” Millar said, “but I’m definitely going to get a little carve out at the end of next year, and I’ve talked with the DC guys. I’m going to do like a six issue thing.” Millar also expressed his desire to get only the very best artists to work on the proposed series, saying that he’d like to “get somebody great to draw it, like Olivier Coipel or Pepe Larraz.”

https://screenrant.com/mark-millar-n...ies-dc-comics/
    Opinions?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Yep I remember that. He also tweeted something out about him wanting to do a Superman story (which caused DC editorial to reach out). Thing with Millar is that you can never be sure if he’s serious or if he’s just saying stuff that will attract headlines. He brought up Superman right as he was about to launch another Millarworld book the next day, and the press attention carried over into that too.

My take? Since Waid is back and doing his prestige Superman story, I’d like to see the last major part of the Superman 2000 brain trust come back for one last story. Millar likely is the one who wrote the pitch for how to revamp Mxy, and that was one of the best villain revamps. Be a dream come true to see him do a big Mxy story, if he could deliver on that original pitch.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'd be really happy to see it, although I've no idea where he's been creatively since Empress.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'd like to read a Mark Millar Superman series. I wonder if his view of Superman has changed in the last 10 years...
    Lmao reading this was a nice reminder of Millar’s views. I disagree vehemently with him on going too hard with the Jesus stuff. That in particular feels nuts because I’m sure Millar knows that Superman really wasn’t that kind of character at all outside of the Donner films. He definitely had sex and kissed girls back in Pre-Crisis, it just never happened on panel for obvious reasons.

In other areas however I’m fully in his corner, especially regarding Clark’s relationship with Smallville and the Kents needing to be dead.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/sta...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    How good would it be to see JLGL you and Cary Bates involved with a new Superman project.

I emailed DC about exactly this a few months back. I would personally buy 40,000 copies of this book. These guys are gods to me!
    Never let it be said Millar lacks ambition