Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao reading this was a nice reminder of Millar’s views. I disagree vehemently with him on going too hard with the Jesus stuff. That in particular feels nuts because I’m sure Millar knows that Superman really wasn’t that kind of character at all outside of the Donner films. He definitely had sex and kissed girls back in Pre-Crisis, it just never happened on panel for obvious reasons.

In other areas however I’m fully in his corner, especially regarding Clark’s relationship with Smallville and the Kents needing to be dead.
    I'd give Millar and Waid full control to reboot Superman just to see the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'd give Millar and Waid full control to reboot Superman just to see the world burn.
    With Hickman rebooting the Ultimate Universe, DC should honestly reboot Earth One and have Millar do the Superman book. Do that Ultimate DC line instead of constantly messing with the mainline continuity.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

With Hickman rebooting the Ultimate Universe, DC should honestly reboot Earth One and have Millar do the Superman book. Do that Ultimate DC line instead of constantly messing with the mainline continuity.
    Superman continuity is such a mess, I would love to have an out-continuity ongoing as alternative.

If they did I might start reading some current DC comics again. Or even just tell Millar he has 60 issues to do on new All Star Superman series.

Superman continuity is such a mess, I would love to have an out-continuity ongoing as alternative.
    Same. Closest thing DC has to Ultimate Marvel is, God help us, Injustice. I don’t know why they’re so blind to the obvious appeal of a line of new ongoing books set on another Earth that can start from scratch without getting the mainline universe all messed up. They keep hyping up all their crappy Multiverse stories about the INFINITE EARTHS RETURNING and then… do nothing with them. Let’s set some books on another one of these Earths and start building it up!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Same. Closest thing DC has to Ultimate Marvel is, God help us, Injustice. I don’t know why they’re so blind to the obvious appeal of a line of new ongoing books set on another Earth that can start from scratch without getting the mainline universe all messed up. They keep hyping up all their crappy Multiverse stories about the INFINITE EARTHS RETURNING and then… do nothing with them. Let’s set some books on another one of these Earths and start building it up!
    What about Earth One?

Maybe they see it as something that could dilute sales of the main books and don't want even try.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It's strange that there was Johns, Morrison, Bendis, and Waid... but then Mark Millar turned out to be better than them at being a team player on Superman, and isn't the type of guy who demands or needs his own sandbox.

However, he's also a guy who will probably just keep throwing stuff out there, and you would have to wait until his project is actually on the shelf to know he's for real.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What about Earth One?
    It’s a dead line now. Batman, Superman, and WW are done, GL is never getting a third book. With Hickman rebooting the UU, I think they should reboot Earth One as an ongoing line. Either that or pick another Earth, I think Earth 101 is open, and use that as a new way to appeal to new readers out off by the Earth 0 continuity mess.
    Maybe they see it as something that could dilute sales of the main books and don't want even try.
    Didio did try repeatedly but he kept getting blocked. I would love to know what the reasons were for never doing it.

I was thinking that maybe they should do Justice League: Earth One that would reboot the line and use those Earth One characters, obviously with some minor changes so that they'd work in "shared universe". I feel like there would be enough interest for it to be a viable ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I was thinking that maybe they should do Justice League: Earth One that would reboot the line and use those Earth One characters, obviously with some minor changes so that they'd work in "shared universe". I feel like there would be enough interest for it to be a viable ongoing.
    Earth One Superman and Batman can plausibly work together, but Wonder Woman and GL are just way too different to fit. Diana’s book ends with her basically Miracleman-ing the entire planet and GL is more of a “set in the near future” type setting. It would have to be a full reboot to work I think.

There was also Teen Titans I think? But I know nothing about those.

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/sta...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Don't worry. I'm going to write a big Superman project next year for the world's greatest artist and you'll sleep sweetly in your bed again. All will be well!
    I had an idea when I was in Dubai last year and mentioned on Twitter. Marie at DC dropped me a line and I'm going to write it next year when I can do a 3 month break. Just for the pure love of it!
    We haven't discussed formally yet, but will be simple enough. Just a nice, big six part Superman epic. I can't wait to work it out properly next year.
    God what if he gets Frank Quietly back on Superman?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

You sir have just made my day. Thank you for this.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"