Super Moderator

Default Marvel Games VP Promises "Truly Epic, Authentic" Gaming Experiences

Marvel's vice president of games Jay Ong says the upcoming Spider-Man game for the PS4 kicks off a "new era" for the company.

Full article here.

BANNED

Wow, here's hoping they'll deliver on the promise of new console theme games for the Marvel Heroes.

I mean the PS4 preview of Spider-man is looking good minus the white eye-sore spider in the middle.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Marvel's needed to get back solidly on the console stage for some time now, so I hope the new Spider-Man game really means a transition from all those greedy IOS ISO-8 nonsense games and to proper console experiences. Give us fighting games, games with single characters not traditionally focused on, maybe the first person Avengers game we were denied a while back. Do comic stuff as much as if not more than movie stuff.

I've love to see a proper Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (yeah yeah I know about Marvel Heroes), though come to think of it...I guess that would have to be without X-men.

Spectacular Member

PS4 exclusive, thats genius

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Color me shocked that Marvel's (seemingly) going forward with console game releases. I was sure that they'd abandoned the market altogether in favor of the mobile/tablet cash-grab market.

In terms of which characters we'll see, I don't know if Activision still has the rights to X-Men games (or games with "X-Men" in the title), but I wouldn't expect to see anything focusing on those characters unless it's Deadpool.

So I'd wager we'll be getting more Avengers and Avenger-related games.

I would love it if they made a fighter using a butt-ton of characters (ala Injustice), but I don't know who they'd get to develop it, as Netherrealm is owned by WB, and Capcom is, last I heard, terribly strapped for cash. Maybe the developer behind Guilty Gear and BlazBlue? A guy can dream, right?
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Well, I hope that come up with somthing else than Spider-Man games. Never liked those in the past. Webswing physics just dont work for me.

Marvel vs. Capcom 4 pls.

Maybe someone can revive the idea for an Avengers game from forever ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Marvel's needed to get back solidly on the console stage for some time now, so I hope the new Spider-Man game really means a transition from all those greedy IOS ISO-8 nonsense games and to proper console experiences.
    Mobile games aren't going anywhere unless people stop using iPhones tomorrow.
    Last edited by Holt; 06-15-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Color me shocked that Marvel's (seemingly) going forward with console game releases. I was sure that they'd abandoned the market altogether in favor of the mobile/tablet cash-grab market.

In terms of which characters we'll see, I don't know if Activision still has the rights to X-Men games (or games with "X-Men" in the title), but I wouldn't expect to see anything focusing on those characters unless it's Deadpool.

So I'd wager we'll be getting more Avengers and Avenger-related games.

I would love it if they made a fighter using a butt-ton of characters (ala Injustice), but I don't know who they'd get to develop it, as Netherrealm is owned by WB, and Capcom is, last I heard, terribly strapped for cash. Maybe the developer behind Guilty Gear and BlazBlue? A guy can dream, right?
    Oh lord an Arc Systems Works Marvel fighting game would be amazing.

This game is definitely on my top three most anticipated games of E3 list =D