Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    Or they wake her up when they see the giant cloud of obviously visible gas coming near them.

She can sleep the other 23 hours a day. Still be more useful than she is now.
    It's pretty much the same issue as with Illyana and Limbo, though -- if the safety of the entire population hinges on one person, that's a big vulnerability. I still think the bigger question is why the school needed to head to Limbo if a high tech clean room is enough to thwart the Mists. Because we already know the JGS has something along those lines.

I hope we're getting closer to the end of this Inhuman thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    The Inhumans don't have a government they have a Monarchy and I doubt that Blackbolt took the potential hazards to other peoples into consideration when he unleashed a terrigen bomb.
    A monarchy is a form of government.... But that's beside the point: Did Blackbolt authorized releasing the mist, knowing how it would affect mutants? And if he did, was it sanctioned by the rest of his people or did he acted all alone and his actions were condamned by the rest of the Inhumans?

I am asking because I didn't followed any of the Inhuman books or most of the non X-Men one and I have no idee how the mist came to happen and for what reason.

In the Marvel universe where they have such advanced technology and super geniuses I'm sure they could get rid of the terrigen cloud if they could, but the Inhumans wouldn't let that happen without a fight because the mist is sacred to them and they want the cloud to continue turning more humans into Inhumans.
    That's pure speculation of your part. If they could get rid of the mist, someone would have tried (the X-Men have plenty of advanced tech. If Beast could do something about the mist he would) and, if what you say is true, the Inhumans would already have attacked them. It didn't happened so it mean nobody as a way to get rid of the mist. (Except perhaps the Inhumans and they are hidding it from Beast but that's pure speculation)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    For Betsy or for Kurt?
    I dont think Betsy can save EXM

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    A monarchy is a form of government.... But that's beside the point: Did Blackbolt authorized releasing the mist, knowing how it would affect mutants? And if he did, was it sanctioned by the rest of his people or did he acted all alone and his actions were condamned by the rest of the Inhumans?

I am asking because I didn't followed any of the Inhuman books or most of the non X-Men one and I have no idee how the mist came to happen and for what reason.

That's pure speculation of your part. If they could get rid of the mist, someone would have tried (the X-Men have plenty of advanced tech. If Beast could do something about the mist he would) and, if what you say is true, the Inhumans would already have attacked them. It didn't happened so it mean nobody as a way to get rid of the mist. (Except perhaps the Inhumans and they are hidding it from Beast but that's pure speculation)
    As far as I'm aware no Inhumans have been shown condemning Blackbolt for unleashing the terrigen bomb. As for the other stuff I'll wait for the reveal of what happened with Cyclops during the time gap, since I think it most likely has to do with Cyclops trying to force the issue of getting rid of the cloud and getting in a fight with the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    As far as I'm aware no Inhumans have been shown condemning Blackbolt for unleashing the terrigen bomb.
    Wasn't Blackbold kinda forced into exile or something like that? Is it related to that terrigen bomb you are talking about? Is the bomb the one mentioned in Bendis' UXM #15 (The girls night out issue)? If so, the mist took its bloody time to have any effect on mutants...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Colossus is mentioned as still a Horseman when they return and he goes off team, so I'm not shocked he's missing.

As for the mists, what happens when the Mists have fully circled the globe and turned everyone possible? Seriously though, you have this large scale mist that isn't dissipating as it moves around the globe. Eventually, and it sounds like it has done a good portion already, everywhere will have been "hit" by it and all transformations would have been had. So does that then allow people to destroy them, or do they permanently get to roam the Earth and sterilize/infect/kill mutants for all time (or when the last mutant is killed off due to no new births) while the Inhumans live it up? I kinda wonder if that is part of Magneto's mindset, and if so no wonder why he's not going to wait for his brothers and sisters to die and the expense of someone's elitist religion.

BANNED

Just read it...it was heartbreaking to see Storm plea and Magneto having to stay strong and give no quarter to her pleas. They were on SUCH good damn terms on the Gillen team. Now..her Xavier side is really shining again and she has to be the moral Princess as usual. But she did get rid of the mist in this issue with ease. I like the way Bunn writes Kurt as well. Bunn once again knocks it out the park and brings an energy not seen since prime Claremont. Beautiful. And the turn by Kurt at the end was interesting...
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 06-15-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Mighty Member

Nice to see Magneto saying what X-fans have been thinking since this nonsense started. The Inhumans have watched as their precious cloud they worship has killed innocent people, and haven't done a thing about it.

They deserve a pissed off Magneto on their ass.

The more I think about it...the more I think this was badly thought out.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

If I wanted to create a global problem for the mutant community, or the entire world, I would have used something like "Inferno" as a model story arc to pattern after. I'm not saying it has to be a rehashed "Inferno" story arc, but something along those lines that would make more sense than this mist thing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post

Blackbolt acted unilaterally. There was an issue that mentioned that he had his brother alter it to remove any detrimental effects (the mist was lethal to humans but benign to mutants save for causing sudden power overloading).

He was condemned by his wife (his people as a whole are kinda split) for the terrigen bomb. As it was another one of his several acts of doing things without informing anyone cause he feels he knows best. to save inhumans from thanos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting. I wonder if it's a double-bluff. Yes, Betsy can read Kurt's mind, but that doesn't mean she would or would tell Magneto if she did. Either way, it'll be nice if Kurt gets to DO something for the next few issues.

Yup, but I'm betting someone is going to leave magneto's team it's still the first issue though

BANNED

If Kurt is faking it and Psylocke does leave, that means Rachel or Lorna is legitimately joining the team to make up for it.

BANNED

Don't know who else will switch but Betsy and Kurt (based on story relevancies) make sense on switching sides. How things are planning to play out the next 3 issues will tell

Magneto is the white King and has many more secrets that's been fracturing trust.