Super Moderator

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions for Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

Ben Acker and Ben Blacker are the next guests for X-Position and CBR wants your questions for the "Deadpool V Gambit" writers.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Ben Acker and Ben Blacker are the next guests for X-Position and CBR wants your questions for the "Deadpool V Gambit" writers.

Full article here.
    My most anticipated book from Marvel. Gambit is my favourite character . During Gambit initial years he was regarded as one of the greatest hand to hand fighters. As it is a versus book will we See Gambit battle deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    My most anticipated book from Marvel. Gambit is my favourite character . During Gambit initial years he was regarded as one of the greatest hand to hand fighters. As it is a versus book will we See Gambit battle deadpool
    You stole my question)
    Damn, now I need to imagine another one.

I hope yours question will be answered. Really interested to see writer's thoughts about Gambit's h2h skills

The solicit for issues #3 mentions The Scrambler. Can we expext to see more Marauders or even Mr.Sinister? I always liked Gambit`s shady history with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    You stole my question)
    Damn, now I need to imagine another one.

I hope yours question will be answered. Really interested to see writer's thoughts about Gambit's h2h skills
    I hope they emphasis on his h2h skills cause most writers treat him as a one trick pony restrict him only to card tricks .

In the run up to the mini you referenced themes such as oceans 11 which are driven by clever, sophisticated and wity plots. But the covers and some of the previews feel distinctly more like pink panther style slapstick comedy. Which of these will the story more closely resemble or will it be a sort of mash up?

BANNED

Just a silly question but where is Ben Blackest ?

I'm really excited about this buddy book, these two characters (Deadpool and Gambit) running amok is amusing to me. How deep will you be able to delve into with their history? Will there be some nuances that we learn about them both by having to interact with each other?
    What do you think is the best thing from writing these two incredibly morally grey but do the right thing and fun characters together?
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Spectacular Member

Gambit is a divisive character, with a lot of fans and lots of haters. Why do you think that is? And what aspects of the character did you respond to (and which did you shy away from) while creating this story?
    Last edited by Nah; 06-16-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Liked previews for issue 1.
    Why have you decided to state Gambit`s hypnotic charm as power? A lot of fans prefer him to be a natural charmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Liked previews for issue 1.
    Why have you decided to state Gambit`s hypnotic charm as power? A lot of fans prefer him to be a natural charmer.
    Good question hypnotic suggestion is something that can really open a can of worms... as with all skills that mess with the mind it raises the question of which is real and which is someone bending someone elses will esp with his reputation for various kinds of mischief.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Both my questions hinge on the fact that we haven't been told if this is miniseries is present day or all takes place in the past.

Gambit is the literal King of Thieves. Will his position as the head of the Thieves Guild be addressed or recognized?

Gambit has always been an X-Man. Unfortunately he's been out of the main rosters for a long time. We know Deadpool has been playing Avenger over in UA, will we get to get an explanation as to why Gambit is running scams while the X-Men are all trying to save their race from extinction?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.