View Poll Results: Which side are you on?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Storm

29 22.48%
  • Team Magneto

100 77.52%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Storm really didn't make a point.

Storm came to save her friends...which she did.

Yeah, the less then 10 post her really show Magneto's rightness...LL
    So why didn't you vote for Storm?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I think she sat in her desk for 8 months and let a million mutants die instead of Acting. All of those mutants deaths are on storm for no stopping the mists, she had the power to stop and decided not to use it, her inaction is the ruin of mutants. If she needed more power there is always options available like MGH.

Now being fair, it's a shitty plot the whole terrigen mist stuff and adding storm power level that is totally defended by her fans raises all of the concerns I exposed in the last paragraph, of course there'll always be a shitty excuse for having her weaker. But sice it's proven that she can stop the mists she hasn't done enough to stop them.

Of Course all of this would've been averted if there's an in universe explanation of why storm can't access to her usual full powers that can control solar winds, nebulas and whatever the hell the writer on turn thinks weather is.

But until then basic logic indicates that storm could barely save 200 mutants with her godess powers, not enough prayer I guess
    Last edited by somacula; 06-15-2016 at 09:41 AM.

Because I was busy wondering how you can decided who is right with such a weak arguments. If the cloud can be moved then why is this even a point.

Magneto, Storm, Iceman all have global freaking feats but moving the MIST somewhere it can't hurt mutants is beyond them....WTF.

That's the point that piss me off with the story.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-15-2016 at 09:43 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Because I was busy wondering how you can decided who is right with such a weak arguments. If the cloud can be moved then why is this even a point.

Magneto, Storm, Iceman all have global freaking feats but moving the MIST somewhere it can't hurt mutants is beyond them....WTF.

Aside for plot contrivances I'm pretty sure the reason the mist hasn't been moved away or gotten rid of entirely is because the Inhumans would retaliate if that happened. The mist is sacred to them and they want the cloud to go around turning people into Inhumans. Medusa and her people are turning the other cheek when it comes to the mutant genocide.

BANNED

Aside for plot contrivances I'm pretty sure the reason the mist hasn't been moved away or gotten rid of entirely is because the Inhumans would retaliate if that happened. The mist is sacred to them and they want the cloud to go around turning people into Inhumans. Medusa and her people are turning the other cheek when it comes to the mutant genocide.
    More like pulling the trigger?

As a Storm fan, I'm with Magneto, for now.

But Storm just moved the damn MIST in that very first issue....

I really can't see a reason why Magneto or Storm couldn't contain the MIST in one place. Hell the Inhumans had the MIST contained for years.

This is what bothers me the most.

Has she ever even had this conversation with Medusa? If Medusa knew of a way to remove the mists would she even tell Hank let alone Ro? What would Medusa actually do if Storm or any powerful mutant somehow managed to remove the mists completely? If she took it as an act of hostility against her kingdom would she retaliate in violence? If she did what would the Avengers do?

These situations need to be realized and conversations had. There's too much ambiguity about this entire thing for it to be this far along.

I just can't see how Storm is trusting Medusa so easily with so many unknowns on the table and given what we do know, I also don't see how anyone can blame Magneto if he just folded Attilan like a paper plane and tossed it into space.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 06-15-2016 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Has she ever even had this conversation with Medusa? If Medusa knew of a way to remove the mists would she even tell Hank let alone Ro? What would Medusa actually do if Storm or any powerful mutant somehow managed to remove the mists completely? If she took it as an act of hostility against her kingdom would she retaliate in violence? If she did what would the Avengers do?

These situations need to be realized and conversations had. There's too much ambiguity about this entire thing for it to be this far along.
    Right. There so much unknown.

The stuff with Magneto even throw me a little. Other then Hank has anyone tried to talk to the Inhumans or even destroy the MIST?

I assume the whole mystery of what happened to Cyclops has to do with trying to get rid of the mist forcibly against the Inhuman's (or at least Medusa's) wishes.

BANNED

To be fair, though, in this case, Magneto always requires technology to boost his powers for global feats. On top of this, even if he built a machine to boost his powers, his powerset is inadequate to deal with the removal of a poisonous mist. In Iceman's case, he needs a death seed to boost his powers to do something global. Storm is on the only one on that list who has both the powerset and the global/cosmic power levels (without anything boosting her powers) to do something about this mist. As a Storm fan, sadly, I do have to place some blame on Storm for this problem that is decimating the mutant population. Its bad writing and this is quite literally a massive plot hole in the larger story here dealing with this mist issue.

I hope some issue in the future reveals that Storm was maybe in another dimension or off-world when this mist problem started. Then, they could say by the time she came back to Earth, the problem had already escalated to a full global catastrophe. However, I still wonder why Storm can't simply use her elemental powers to coalesce all the mist on the planet into one spot and either crystalize it with intense cold and moisture, neutralize it with lightning, or simply send it out into space with a trajectory to the sun?

The writers should have come up with a better threat than this mist problem. Also, wasn't Quicksilver able to get his powers back or something by using Terrigen Mists? I don't remember the details here. Are there any Quicksilver fans reading this thread? If Quickie was able to use the mists, then how is it a threat to mutants?
    Last edited by rutog98; 06-15-2016 at 10:31 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

This. It was outlined very clearly in Uncanny Avengers that Medusa, while seemingly "caring" about mutants politically by trying to help their illness in New Attilan, has no interest in removing the mists as they are sacred to her religion. I say her, and include the long-standing elitist Attilan Inhumans, in that grouping of not wanting to help because the NuInhumans could give two shits.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

I just can't see how Storm is trusting Medusa so easily with so many unknowns on the table and given what we do know, I also don't see how anyone can blame Magneto if he just folded Attilan like a paper plane and tossed it into space.
    Yeah, I don't understand why Storm has just folded and working with them. I mean I get she wants their to be peace between their kinds, but one kind is exterminating the other because they are concerned their numbers won't grow anymore and their "religion". But what I'm sure of is that the Avengers would most likely side with the Inhumans because they are buddy buddy with them now and would consider it a sovereign act of war (or some other contrived BS to make the mutants/X-Men wrong again). The Inhumans would attack and imprison the X-Men (at least in my opinion) for destroying their future and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Also, wasn't Quicksilver able to get his powers back or something by using Terrigen Mists? I don't remember the details here. Are there any Quicksilver fans reading this thread? If Quickie was able to use the mists, then how is it a threat to mutants?
    I don't remember the circumstance but since Quicksilver isn't a mutant anymore it's no longer a valid argument. The Genoshian mutants who he used to revive their powers could not control them and some died as a result, but I thought it was temporary anyways.

BANNED

I think right now the Magneto side of the situation is more realistically you could see a everyday mutant siding with. The Inhumans are sitting fat and pretty and they give Storm some charity to go try to save the Magneto team yet the Inhuman numbers grow by the day. It's twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    As a Storm fan, I'm with Magneto, for now.
    LMAO! I saw this and it made my day. The avatar was the icing

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Team Magneto because I agree with him and I'm sure Cyclops and Rachel would too. It fits.