View Poll Results: Which side are you on?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Storm

29 22.48%
  • Team Magneto

100 77.52%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I'm still not completely grasping the severity of Ulysses here. So he has visions of the future and acts as an advanced warning system? How will this alter the course for the future of mutant-kind?

These Terrigen Mists have been spreading infecting and killing mutants. Regardless of how this happened, the Inhumans have the most knowledge of it but they're not lifting a finger to help. If the sides were reversed, I could easily see the X-Men trying to assist them.

Too much time and casualties already happened. Its time for action.

Team Magneto
    Because seeing the future is powerful.

Think of how much power he could have wen he actually knows what he's doing? He could mold the universe as he sees fit without anyone ever knowing as he'll be able to constantly view the future to see what works over and over again.

If he ever became evil....

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

The way I see it is no different than this situation:

Your company building has a poisonous gas leak. Half the people are dead and you're on hold with the gas company trying to turn it off. The doors are locked and you can't get out. However, there's a window, but the only object available to break it is an urn containing the ashes of the CEO's great great grandfather that he considers sacred.

Do you:

A. Stay on hold with the gas company

B. Break the window and get the hell out
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 06-15-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Your company building has a poisonous gas leak. Half the people are dead and you're on hold with the gas company trying to turn it off. The doors are locked and you can't get out. However, there's a window, but the only object available to break it is an urn containing the ashs of the CEO's great great grandfather that he considers sacred.

Do you:

Lol I like that.

Gimmie dat urn! Seriously though anyone in their right mind would get the hell out.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Your company building has a poisonous gas leak. Half the people are dead and you're on hold with the gas company trying to turn it off. The doors are locked and you can't get out. However, there's a window, but the only object available to break it is an urn containing the ashes of the CEO's great great grandfather that he considers sacred.

Do you:

That makes no sense.

Furthermore, this power can easily be abused. Especially because no Telepath can read his mind. He's a Mental Dead Zone. That's dangerous as there's no way to verify his intentions.

If he was ever lead towards the path of evil he could reshape everything and ensure any threats to his goals are eliminated before they even know they're going to rise against him.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Ultimatum should have been put to the Inhumans by the world, at large, the second the Terrigen bomb went off: contain your crap; if not, we're going to, and if you get in the way, then suffer annihilation. Terrigen is just as much a chemical attack upon NuHumans as it is Mutants.

But ultimately, Storm's side is the better option.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 06-15-2016 at 12:35 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    That makes no sense.

Furthermore, this power can easily be abused. Especially because no Telepath can read his mind. He's a Mental Dead Zone. That's dangerous as there's no way to verify his intentions.

If he was ever lead towards the path of evil he could reshape everything and ensure any threats to his goals are eliminated before they even know they're going to rise against him.
    In the Marvel Universe, I think that's child's play compared to the possibilities of high-level telepaths. Reading minds and controlling people is far more dangerous than a Nostradamus on steroids
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 06-15-2016 at 12:32 PM.

The problem here isn't even the character's ideologies, it's the clear lack of oversight and coherent storytelling from Marvel Comics.

The first issue of CW2:XM basically completely undermined that Terrigen Mist plot contrivance. And the main CWII story is also full of similarly annoying things that don't hold up to basic scrutiny.
    I can't even muster the energy to feel one way or another about the character's decisions because the premise is just too bloody stupid. I feel like I'm reading one big nonsensical editorially mandated basic "story" that's being expatiated by a bunch of more or less talented writers trying to make lemonade with lemons.
    Last edited by Supernature; 06-15-2016 at 12:43 PM.

The conflict is between mutantkind, the Terrigen Mists which is hpered by everyone else unwillingness to help see it gone. I don't se how Ulysses or a fight with Medusa's group is gonna help matters so I gotta pick Storm.

I get why most people are with Magneto and I can see the reasons, but Storm did anything wrong. She saved the team and was actually right that it was thanks to Ulysses visions, and I think it's awful how people now blame the X-Men for wanting coexistence between races...

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I get why most people are with Magneto and I can see the reasons, but Storm did anything wrong. She saved the team and was actually right that it was thanks to Ulysses visions, and I think it's awful how people now blame the X-Men for wanting coexistence between races...
    Coexistence? How is mutants dying out as a race coexisting? Between mutants and inhumans, only one will even exist eventually.

Fantastic Member

the terrigen myst kill the mutants Coexstence is impossible in these terms.
    It is not a question of coexistence but of survival, can not sobrevirvir both races together,

I'm with Cable.

I guess in this poll I'm with Storm, since Old Man Logan is on her side.

This isn't about coexistence

Inhuman Logic: Terrigen Mists turning humans into Inhumans > Terrigen Mists killing Mutants

Team Magneto.
    Storm remains too passive and afraid of being labelled a 'bad mutant' like Cyclops or Magneto to take definitive action to save her own people. The fact that she has the power to manipulate the Terrigen Crystal Meth Cloud but doesn't do so on a regular basis is the most damning evidence so far of her current cowardice. Back in the day, Storm would have gotten rid of the cloud then battled Medusa to the death in a knife fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

No one is scoffing at the idea of coexisting peacefully with the Inhumans, but with the mists in the air that's just impossible. Can you really blame Magneto for getting impatient? Plus we've already seen Medusa forsake the idea of burning the mists out of the sky despite all the harm it's causing to mutants and humans alike.