Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-New Member

Hello all,

New poster here from the Netherlands, I have been reading Hellboy and spin off comics for years now, but only today decided to register here to chat with fellow Hellboy/Mike Mignola fans

thwhtGuardian, I fully get you regarding the conclusion of this story feeling somewhat weak and not every character getting his/her share (hope I am writing that well).
    I have had that with a couple of other stories though I can't specifically recall right now which ones. Just that I felt that their conclusions were felt incomplete or lacking something, or just needed a bit more push,

Well I did like the origin of the Black Flame , I got to be honest that I really did not expect this one (perhaps I was not putting enough effort into piecing the parts together from previous issues despite that the actual title already gave it away)
    I am a little ashamed of this really as during the second issue of "Metal Monsters of Midtown" I was already thinking "I bet these robots are somehow connected to the Underground Machines made by the Hyperboreans/Follows of the Right Hand".

Anyway, perhaps not the best mini series but still a decent one.

I agree with thwhtGuasdian. The other interesting part I found was that the Black Flame was suppose to be the little girl.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TDG View Post
    Hello all,

New poster here from the Netherlands, I have been reading Hellboy and spin off comics for years now, but only today decided to register here to chat with fellow Hellboy/Mike Mignola fans

thwhtGuardian, I fully get you regarding the conclusion of this story feeling somewhat weak and not every character getting his/her share (hope I am writing that well).
    I have had that with a couple of other stories though I can't specifically recall right now which ones. Just that I felt that their conclusions were felt incomplete or lacking something, or just needed a bit more push,

Well I did like the origin of the Black Flame , I got to be honest that I really did not expect this one (perhaps I was not putting enough effort into piecing the parts together from previous issues despite that the actual title already gave it away)
    I am a little ashamed of this really as during the second issue of "Metal Monsters of Midtown" I was already thinking "I bet these robots are somehow connected to the Underground Machines made by the Hyperboreans/Follows of the Right Hand".

Anyway, perhaps not the best mini series but still a decent one.
    Nice to have you! And I definitely get what you mean about not all the characters getting their share at the end, even the parts that did feature them felt like they were tacked on and unimportant which isn't the way you want to be left feeling.