View Poll Results: Which new castmembers from Azz's run should make it to the next?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zola

21 45.65%
  • Orion

14 30.43%
  • Lennox

9 19.57%
  • Aleka & Dessa

8 17.39%
  • the Manazons

12 26.09%
  • Cassandra

8 17.39%
  • First Born

5 10.87%
  • Strife

16 34.78%
  • One or more of the other reimagined gods

23 50.00%
  • No One

2 4.35%
  • Everyone

14 30.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Which new castmembers from Azz's run should make it to the next?

Supposedly many aren't going to make it out alive and traditionally Wonder Woman's supporting cast changes with the writer. Who should stick around?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I voted for Zola, because it would suck for Zeke to grow up without his mom.

I voted for Orion, because he's a big-time player and way too many other stories can be told with him in other books. That said? I don't necessarily need him to remain in Wonder Woman. I just don't want to see him die in this story. He can move on to other books after Azz's run if need be.

I voted for Cassandra because she's an interesting villain and I think she's been really screwed over by this story. She deserves a chance to be a real villain by herself.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Strife, Cassandra, Zola and the re-imagined gods.

Strife has been the most interesting character in this run, and I'd love to see more of her.
    Cassandra had a lot of potential before she turned into the First Born's crazy lap dog and I'm hoping she can regain her awesomeness later on.
    Zola is cool too.
    I voted for the re-imagined gods mainly for Hera, she was just awesome, that I was kinda sad when she regained her powers, I knew it was bound to happen eventually, but she could have been the Anya to Wonder Woman's Buffy or sth, she's still awesome but we'll probably be seeing less of her now that she's a god, I do hope she sticks around being awesome and badass.

I can take or leave the rest.

BANNED

I'm going with everyone who's not dead, or has excellent in-story reasons to not show up.

- I like everybody, but dont care much for Aleka and Dessa either way.
    - The Olympians and New Gods should stay as part of her world, but they dont have to dominate every story. Sometime in the future i wouldnt mind a story about the NG (instead of only Orion popping up).
    - Zola is cool but she's a bit of a mcguffin. I dont mind her sticking around, just as long as she stops losing her baby and then having WW swear to bring it back.
    - Lennox was cool and i wouldnt mind him coming back, as the Catman of the supporting cast.
    - And finally i get the feeling that even if Azzarello kills the First Born, some other writer is going to bring him back to serve as her Doomsday/Bane and i dont mind that.

tl;dr it's ok if they all stick around but especially her supporting cast feels like it's only here to serve this one story (zola and her mcguffin baby). They need to find one that can stick with her regardless of the story the way Lois, Perry and Jimmy are for SM, or Alfred and Gordon are for bats.

The only ones I want to see again are the gods (why Hera isn't a choice but Strife is boggles me) and the Manazons.

I would've said Cassandra, but she's nothing but a sniveling fragment of her former self.

Orion should be running around in his own book fighting Stompa or something.

Zola is a supporting character that I care nothing about. Even less is Lennox. I really hope we don't see either of them again.

Aleka and Dessa seemed like placeholders for Artemis and Philippus, so I hope they vanish and the real ones come back. Plus, Aleka is just grating as a character.

Strife would be okay, but I wouldn't want her to be in the limelight all the time.

As for the First Born... no.

I voted Lennox and Orion. Orion because New Gods content is cool and Lennox because he was quite interesting/funny, though he is dead so I don't know if he will be back. I think we need a break from the Olympians after this for a while so we can get back to super-heroics. I hope we don't see Zola again, she is awful and doesn't even get a last name. I wouldn't be bothered if First Born came back but he seems like one of those ol' one and done villains that the writers have be a overpowering threat to Diana and then fade into obscurity and I think he won't survive the end of the story. I'd be fine with Aleka and the Amazons being involved still too but they need to make Paradise Island a little more Paradise-y first.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

Seems like the survivors are likely to be the Manazons, as you refer to them, but I'm thinking that Zola and Aleka will survive; however, there's a chance that Aleka and Zola will fall during the battle; however, it might not be a battle, due to the ending of the last issue; First Born might not survive that attack with the arrow; I don't see how he just let Wonder Woman fire at him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    The only ones I want to see again are the gods (why Hera isn't a choice but Strife is boggles me) and the Manazons.

I would've said Cassandra, but she's nothing but a sniveling fragment of her former self.

Orion should be running around in his own book fighting Stompa or something.

Zola is a supporting character that I care nothing about. Even less is Lennox. I really hope we don't see either of them again.

Aleka and Dessa seemed like placeholders for Artemis and Philippus, so I hope they vanish and the real ones come back. Plus, Aleka is just grating as a character.

Strife would be okay, but I wouldn't want her to be in the limelight all the time.

As for the First Born... no.
    I didn't give Hera her own spot because she'd been in the WW comic before Azz, that's why she was grouped with the other reimagined gods. They have to return, because I'd hate to see all that character development amount to nothing in the next run.

Even though Strife is more or less Eris, she's different enough to be new and hopefully she'll remain a thorn in Diana's side in future stories. Although should Circe reappear they'd be sort of redundant, there's only room for one snarky diva at a time.

Personally I want Zola to meet a violent and bloody death. There's nothing interesting about her to me, she's a plot device more than anything else.

Hopefully the Manazons are slaughtered too. Men on the island ruin the whole concept of the Amazons and Paradise Island for me, it may as well be a tropical Cleveland.

At some point Lennox has to come back, because he's yet to meet Cassie and besides father/daughter bonding, he ties Wonder Woman to Wonder Girl.

Aleka and Dessa are substandard analogues to Artemis and Philippus that we can do without. I'd much rather have the return of the originals. The loss of Artemis is one of the major flaws of the New 52, even more so than the absence of Donna Troy.

Orion is an okay guest star, but he's too distracting for a longterm stay. The connection of the Olympians to the New Gods has to be explored in depth eventually though. I'd like to see Diana interact with Big Barda too, that's yet to happen in Wonder Woman's own book that I can recall.

It's curious to note that currently Cassandra is getting more love in the poll than Strife, especially since so many readers seem to be disappointed with her apparent role in Azz's story. She and First Born may become more interesting under another writer's pen, but that remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Razor Tiara; 06-27-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I voted for Orion and One of the other gods with that character in my mind being Siracca. Orion would need to clean up his act and stop acting like an immature frat-boy. The rest of the characters created for this run haven't piqued my interest. The First Born is just plain gross and boring. Zola is extremely irritating. I would be open to the Olympians appearing occasionally after Azzarello leaves but only after at least a year long break from them. I want to see Diana fight some of her non-deity super-villains for a while.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 06-27-2014 at 10:24 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    Personally I want Zola to meet a violent and bloody death. There's nothing interesting about her to me, she's a plot device more than anything else.
    Wow. She just doesn't interest you and you actually want to see a young mother brutally murdered just for that? Wow.

Hopefully the Manazons are slaughtered too. Men on the island ruin the whole concept of the Amazons and Paradise Island for me, it may as well be a tropical Cleveland.
    Yeah, because why in the world would we want the Amazons to actually LEARN how to accept and embrace their own sons as part of a larger effort to get them to accept and embrace men in general?

A bunch of innocent children get sold to a god because their mothers had no place for them. They toil in the Forge day-in and day-out. Then one of their sisters sets them free and brings them home so that they can reconnect with their mothers.........and they're brutally murdered before they ever get the chance.

Man, I'm glad you're not writing this story.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Voted for the Olympians, though I personally include Strife in that group. I'd like a nice break from them for a bit after this run, but am up for seeing them again after a while.

I love the Fourth World mythology, but I don't like it as a permanent fixture in this book. I'd rather this book focus exclusively on WW characters (preferably returning old school characters with a mix of brand new characters).

I have to echo those who say they want Artemis and Philippus back to replace their lame Suspiciously Similar Substitutes. And while I would be fine if Zola, Siracca, Milan and Cassandra showed up again, I wouldn't miss them if they vanished into comic book limbo either. They're just not developed enough for me to care. And the First Born needs to go away forever. He is basically her Doomsday/Bane, but those two have been coasting along on the success of their one big story and haven't done much ever since; why do we need to repeat it a third time?

All of the gods need to return at least in terms of their current character designs. This to me is an absolute must. I'm not saying I want them to be front and center again in the next run, but when they are around I don't suddenly want to see them in togas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    All of the gods need to return at least in terms of their current character designs. This to me is an absolute must. I'm not saying I want them to be front and center again in the next run, but when they are around I don't suddenly want to see them in togas.
    Oh yeah this, I mean, they're gods, they can be anything, so having them as regular people with togas, or worse, regular people in regular clothes always came off as boring to me.

I love how creative Chiang got with them, some designs I wasn't a huge fan of, but I appreciate that he was trying something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Oh yeah this, I mean, they're gods, they can be anything, so having them as regular people with togas, or worse, regular people in regular clothes always came off as boring to me.

I love how creative Chiang got with them, some designs I wasn't a huge fan of, but I appreciate that he was trying something new.
    Um, since they are gods and can look like anything they want, why would you be bothered by the ancient appearance? Not that I'm saying they should go back to the togas, but it's not like they're way of life is that evolved.