Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Not following the motives for Civil War II

I'm still not completely grasping the severity of Ulysses here. So he has visions of the future and acts as an advanced warning system?

I don't get why this is such a huge deal and why its leading to such a grand scale event. Am I missing something bigger in this picture? I think high power telepaths are a bigger card

It's a huge deal this time because this time it's being used as a metaphor for racial-profiling and other security-versus-freedom stuff, whereas in previous stories about Marvel characters who could see the future, the power was just the power. So suddenly it's a huge deal and causing the sort of conflict that Madame Web and the like never did.

There is also the chance that trying to change the future could make things worse.

By the same reason that the Phoenix coming to Earth suddenly was a big problem in AvX, despite no one caring before it.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Compared to other powers, I think this is child's play. A high-level telepath capable of reading the minds of people and controlling them is far more dangerous than a Nostradamus on steroids
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 06-15-2016 at 12:54 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I'm still not completely grasping the severity of Ulysses here. So he has visions of the future and acts as an advanced warning system?

I don't get why this is such a huge deal and why its leading to such a grand scale event. Am I missing something bigger in this picture? I think high power telepaths are a bigger card
    It's rare that people with prophetic visions get the correct interpretation and context of them.
    As said, everybody is biased and those biases will be incorporated into any visions.
    Self-fulfilling prophecies are a pain.
    And then there's the potential misuse.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

it's not a big deal, yet. Carol hasn't done anything morally ambiguous with the visions.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It's rare that people with prophetic visions get the correct interpretation and context of them.
    As said, everybody is biased and those biases will be incorporated into any visions.
    Self-fulfilling prophecies are a pain.
    And then there's the potential misuse.
    it wasn't just Ulysses who experienced the vision, this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Compared to other powers, I think this is child's play. A high-level telepath capable of reading the minds of people and controlling them is far more dangerous than a Nostradamus on steroids
    Yet no one distrust the sociopathic teenage Jean Grey.