Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Arrow" Casts the Comic Book Vigilante Wild Dog for Season 5

The hit CW series has tapped Rick Gonzalez ("Mr. Robot") to play the vigilante character Wild Dog from the comics.

Full article here.

I have to admit, I had never even heard of this guy was until I read the description .

I guess with Roy and Thea gone, Ollie could use a new sidekick.

BANNED

Nice! I loved the Max Collins/Terry Beatty Wild Dog stories (the original mini and Action Comics shorts) back in the day. I like Rick Gonzalez, he always brings a welcome presence when he does a guest spot on TV, and he seems like a good fit for the character.

the character sounds great i kind of wish he was around last season as with a sub plot would've made things way more interesting than the sub plots we were given.

kandelai

Next week on Felicity and Friends, Wild Dog falls for Felicity, while her best friend Oliver Queen sits idle in a jealous stupor.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Wild Dog? Wow DC really dug into the trash can for him because even I never heard of him before. Good god this show is going down hill.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kandelai View Post
    Next week on Felicity and Friends, Wild Dog falls for Felicity, while her best friend Oliver Queen sits idle in a jealous stupor.
    Probably. Something like that is usually Caitlin Snow's thing since she hooks up any man in a costume.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

I've been reading DC and especially Green Arrow in particular my whole life and I've never once heard of Wild Dog :-/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Wild Dog? Wow DC really dug into the trash can for him because even I never heard of him before. Good god this show is going down hill.
    They're two separate issues though. Yes, the show is going downhill, but the fact that they've dug up a somewhat obscure character to use on the show is neither a cause nor a symptom of that decline. After all, it's not like they've done such a bang up job with most of the better known characters they've used.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    They're two separate issues though. Yes, the show is going downhill, but the fact that they've dug up a somewhat obscure character to use on the show is neither a cause nor a symptom of that decline. After all, it's not like they've done such a bang up job with most of the better known characters they've used.
    Sometimes the use of an obscure character can be liberating - I think that's one of the things Peter David liked about his cast in X-Factor.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Sometimes the use of an obscure character can be liberating - I think that's one of the things Peter David liked about his cast in X-Factor.
    I think what David really liked wasn't their obscurity (because most of them really weren't obscure per se, even though they were mostly B- and C- listers) was the fact that the characters weren't in much (if any) demand in the main X-Books which meant he could tell his story apart from the larger Marvel and X-continuity and mostly (although not completely) avoid getting sucked up in and derailed by the constant stream of "events."

I think what David really liked wasn't their obscurity (because most of them really weren't obscure per se, even though they were mostly B- and C- listers) was the fact that the characters weren't in much (if any) demand in the main X-Books which meant he could tell his story apart from the larger Marvel and X-continuity and mostly (although not completely) avoid getting sucked up in and derailed by the constant stream of "events."
    That too - I have seen books that were once good get sucked into events and lurch from one to the other, with any chance of a decent story lost to editorial mandate.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

The writers or producers on Arrow must have watched the Punisher guest starring on Daredevil last season .

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unretribud View Post
    I've been reading DC and especially Green Arrow in particular my whole life and I've never once heard of Wild Dog :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The plus side is Wild Dog probably won't get taken away from Arrow because he will be in a DCEU movie.

Incredible Member

I remember reading him in the Action Comics Weekly when Action Comics was an anthology for a while. He shared to comic with Starman (Prince Gavyn) and a few lesser known heroes (Hal Jordan Green Lantern was also in an issue or two).

EDIT: Did a little checking and Green Lantern actually headlined the series after DC cancelled the Green Lantern Corp.
    Last edited by Toreador; 06-15-2016 at 08:06 PM. Reason: addition