Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Leaves me cold. A third rate character who would be quickly shot dead in the real world. Idiot costume. Having these kinds of folks run around Starpoop City - lame. Arrow was cool in the beginning when Ollie was a ruthless character working in the shadows. Nope, down hill from here.

The finale with all the good people running to help and giving Ollie happy thought powerups. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    if you were not into DC Comics in the 80's you probably wouldn't have heard about him. He was introduced in New Teen Titans 23 back in 1982. He (SPOILER for those that want to complain about a 28 years ago) committed suicide in issue 50 of his own book in 1988. He's only appeared once more since then, in the Underworld mini series as a spirit in purgatory.

Wait so both new characters they are introducing committed Suicide ? Lol hopefuly means the shows going back the darker route

(i was born in late 80s so yea ive never heard of him)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wait so both new characters they are introducing committed Suicide ? Lol hopefuly means the shows going back the darker route
    YES, PLEASE!

(After all, Oliver broke his no-killing rule by snuffing out Dark...)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

(i was born in late 80s so yea ive never heard of him)
    Wild Dog committed Suicide in an alternate Timeline created by Booster Gold. He didn't commit suicide in the main time lime. He was alive and well off panel at in the DCU. Also I'm sure you meant no offense, but I personally don't find suicide funny. I lost someone to suicide and go to a support group for others who have lost someone to suicide. Even in the case of a fictional character, seeing or hearing about a suicide is a strong emotional trigger for me. I hope that they don't go the route on the show that the comic book character took. If they do, then I really really hope that the show has a PSA at the beginning and/or at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Wild Dog committed Suicide in an alternate Timeline created by Booster Gold. He didn't commit suicide in the main time lime. He was alive and well off panel at in the DCU. Also I'm sure you meant no offense, but I personally don't find suicide funny. I lost someone to suicide and go to a support group for others who have lost someone to suicide. Even in the case of a fictional character, seeing or hearing about a suicide is a strong emotional trigger for me. I hope that they don't go the route on the show that the comic book character took. If they do, then I really really hope that the show has a PSA at the beginning and/or at the end.
    Not alot of suicide in comics, and they cast two charaters who both did it. I find that amusing not suicide itself. Adrians story is the more well known of the two and i thought it was handled well in the comics and think it could work great on screen..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    A third rate character who would be quickly shot dead in the real world. Idiot costume.
    That describes pretty much all of Team Arrow, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    That describes pretty much all of Team Arrow, doesn't it?
    Or any character without powers for that matter.

Astonishing Member

True, but originally Ollie worked in the shadows and had skills enough to be a credible actor in the superhero genre. He was fast enough to shoot an RPG out of the air from a standing start. He has tremendous damage soak. Then, they started to make team members like Diggle with a stupid hat or Laurel into heroes. They were ridiculolus. Having this team fight large numbers of heavily armed men with training was stupid except for these dudes having Star Wars Trooper Syndrome. Sights - we don't need no stupid sights - We will shoot twenty feet away from you.

Robot Chicken and one graphic novel had it correctly with the mocking of Bats and GA by Guy with a Rock and in the latter, having Amazo bust up GA to make him nuts.

A recent SWAT (gun magazine) had a column making fun of tactical archers who are channeling Walking Dead Daryl and GA and thinking that arrows really would work in our world. Where I live, some guy saw his car being jacked and ran out with his bow - to be shot.

True, but originally Ollie worked in the shadows and had skills enough to be a credible actor in the superhero genre. He was fast enough to shoot an RPG out of the air from a standing start. He has tremendous damage soak. Then, they started to make team members like Diggle with a stupid hat or Laurel into heroes. They were ridiculolus. Having this team fight large numbers of heavily armed men with training was stupid except for these dudes having Star Wars Trooper Syndrome. Sights - we don't need no stupid sights - We will shoot twenty feet away from you.

Robot Chicken and one graphic novel had it correctly with the mocking of Bats and GA by Guy with a Rock and in the latter, having Amazo bust up GA to make him nuts.

A recent SWAT (gun magazine) had a column making fun of tactical archers who are channeling Walking Dead Daryl and GA and thinking that arrows really would work in our world. Where I live, some guy saw his car being jacked and ran out with his bow - to be shot.
    Diggle was always a hero, saved Ollies ass a few times long before he became Spartan or whatever. More as a tactical assist though, not the superhero they are trying to make him.

Astonishing Member

That worked for Diggle. Spartan - nope. A silly hat and a Glock doesn't make you a superhero. Laurel - less said the better. Thea and Sarah - both had dips in the Lazarus pool and League of Assassin training (granted it was a short time but so was Ollie's).

That worked for Diggle. Spartan - nope. A silly hat and a Glock doesn't make you a superhero. Laurel - less said the better. Thea and Sarah - both had dips in the Lazarus pool and League of Assassin training (granted it was a short time but so was Ollie's).
    Agreed, diggle was best with ski mask and only helping when he had to. Ive never cared for thea and they sent roy away. I rather it just be Ollie with diggle lending some help now and then. Dont care what they do with felicity anymore, just replace here oracle status with mr terrific. Assuming curtis holt is suppose to be mike holt. With T spheres and a common last name I assume so

Nice to see Rick Gonzales getting a high profile role again.

He'd make a good original White Tiger/Hector Ayala for Marvel.

Where I live, some guy saw his car being jacked and ran out with his bow - to be shot.
    F**k living where you live then.

Astonishing Member

I have to leave Sherwood Forest? Darn!

All-New Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kandelai View Post
    Next week on Felicity and Friends, Wild Dog falls for Felicity, while her best friend Oliver Queen sits idle in a jealous stupor.
    HAHAHA! Good one.