Super Moderator

Default "Civil War II" Live-Stream Event Set for Thursday on ABC News

Editor Axel Alonso, writer David Walker and FiveThirtyEight's Walter Hickey will discuss "Civil War II" on an ABC News live-stream.

Full article here.

Whose death are they gonna announce?

Amazing Member

It boggles the mind that this warrants a news report aimed at the general public. I'm a comics fan and I have no interest.

Considering the negative response that's kinda awkward. To be fair I'm sure ABC won't be aware of that lol.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I have to wonder if Marvel is trying to thread the needle of positioning the series as more immediately relevant than imagined – this week, the issues of investigation and due process have been lighting up political talk and policy writing, and the term "pre-crime" has been thrown around in a number of places (especially among conservatives and libertarians). Although, given the somewhat blockheaded fashion in which Marvel has tried to integrate current politics (from an editorial monoculture) into books and editorial arguments, I honestly hope not.

Extraordinary Member

"You know, ABC News turned into an arm of the Disney PR department so gradually, I didn't even notice."

This really warrants talking about it on ABC's news outlet ?

I'm surprised Walker is there. It feels like Bendis or Brevoort would make more sense since they're closer to the event itself.