Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    They did re-release the original 2 games on steam a couple months ago(as one titled, Bubsy Two-Fur, for 4.99), but I can't ever see that series getting brought back to life after Bubsy 3D.
    Lol the games itself would just be weird even if that horrible Bubsy 3D never happened. Dont think it would translate to modern games but for whatever reason I loved it as a kid. iono why but I did

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Gargoyle's Quest. The franchise really hit on something special when it progressed to Demon's Crest, but it never had a follow up.

enslaved: odyssey to the west

rogue galaxy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Time splitters and Army of Two off the top of my head. And I know army of two hasnt been dead that long but i loved the first two games so much I want more.
    I am also a big fan of Army of Two. And while I didn't care for the way the story turned in Devil's Cartel, the game play was still as solid as the first two. I would play more games even with the way it ended.

I'd like to see a Dark Sector sequel. Hell, I'd be excited for a Dark Sector as it was originally intended to be, before development went with what they did.

Dead Space too, if they didn't make more instalments third person CoD like they did with DS3. And I would have no problem, them moving away from Issac and involving other people in future games. It's one of the best things the Aliens franchise did, in moving away from Ripley and creating a vast universe that allows creators to make their own vision.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    I am also a big fan of Army of Two. And while I didn't care for the way the story turned in Devil's Cartel, the game play was still as solid as the first two. I would play more games even with the way it ended.

I'd like to see a Dark Sector sequel. Hell, I'd be excited for a Dark Sector as it was originally intended to be, before development went with what they did.

Dead Space too, if they didn't make more instalments third person CoD like they did with DS3. And I would have no problem, them moving away from Issac and involving other people in future games. It's one of the best things the Aliens franchise did, in moving away from Ripley and creating a vast universe that allows creators to make their own vision.
    Dark Sector has a sequel sort of. Warframe is within the same continuity as Dark Sector.

BANNED

a new Desert Storm game for the Ps4, Xbox One, and PC would be nice. i saw on this thread about Dead space i really hope someday they will be a fourth game if not i will be devastated

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Mega Man, Power Stone, Okami. And that's just from Capcom.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dark Sector has a sequel sort of. Warframe is within the same continuity as Dark Sector.
    What is it a sequel of sorts from? Also thanks for the heads up on Warframe. I'll keep it in mind if and when I buy a current generation console.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Suikoden and Xenosaga

Shining Force II

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    What is it a sequel of sorts from? Also thanks for the heads up on Warframe. I'll keep it in mind if and when I buy a current generation console.
    Warframe is essentially the original version of Dark Sector back from when it was first announced(or at least takes large parts of the original concept). It's free to play and on PC so you can try it out now if you've got the right PC(being a F2P game it's system requirements aren't too high).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Warframe is essentially the original version of Dark Sector back from when it was first announced(or at least takes large parts of the original concept). It's free to play and on PC so you can try it out now if you've got the right PC(being a F2P game it's system requirements aren't too high).
    I see. Warframe is kind of the space action game DS was intended to be instead of the viral infection thriller/shooter we got.

i suck with a keyboard and mouse, but I have a wireless receiver on order so the 360 controllers can be used on the PC. My son has a few games on his Steam account and then we have Minecraft. If that's enough to run it, I might give it a try and see. Thanks for the information.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Honestly not sure why this question's been on my mind this week, but it's one I'd like to see some opinions on.

Now, no game franchise lasts forever, even the ones that've been around for as long as we've been alive. One day Mario will squeeze his widening gut down his last warp pipe, Final Fantasy will deliver a Fantasy that is actually Final, Atari will stop trying to squeeze a few last pennies out of Alone in the Dark's withered body and let it die in peace, et cetera. Some get to go out on their own terms, one last hurrah from the creative minds before they move onto fresh pastures. But most don't. Be it declining sales, behind-the-scenes drama, one hell of stinker after a line of great works or whatever else, every year another series is cut down with what feels like plenty of life left in it. So, the question then - if you had the power to bring back a buried game IP, what gets the nod?
    Disagree, at least on the top tier franchises.

Every so often, a new Pac Man and Donkey Kong comes out every couple or so years. At least three Mario (whether platforming, Kart, sports, Party, rpg, his family of characters, such as Yoshi) comes out every year. Sonic the Hedgehog, about two new games a year. Final Fantasies, so many of them, I've lost count, but usually about a new one every two years.

Even Frogger, Centipede, Galaga, Space Invaders, and Q*Bert makes timely revivals, in the name of bringing their play to the next generation, and then the next.

The only condition any of them will truly die, is when games, the entire medium, including mobile games, becomes obsolete as a lifestyle. Until then, you bet there's still going to be Pac Mans and Marios in the 2020s.

For now, still waiting for Super Mario becoming mobile.

But, to all who mentioned "Mega Man Legends", as the last one left Mega Man Helmutt marooned in space, count me in in revival requests too.

I suppose Earthworm Jim.

Oh yeah, Battletoads, on Nintendo consoles, like it was, back in the day.
    Last edited by ngroove; 06-29-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Dino Crisis, for sure. This series would've made more sense to go the action route than Resident Evil. But I'd still want some of the survival horror elements to return, and of course a badass leading lady like Regina.
    It sort of already did go into the action route with Dino Crisis 2 (can't speak on DC3 as I haven't played it). That said, I agree that I would love for this series to come back. Hell, anything with dinosaurs coming back would be great. A new Turok would also be neat.

Seconding Darkstalkers as well as it's my favorite fighting game series next to Street Fighter. A fighting game with a cast based on monsters?? Love it, even if the games are really, really strict with the timing for linking two normals together.

Besides the ones that I've mentioned and a few others that other people have mentioned (like Dead Space), I would really love to get at least on more Valkyrie Profile game. Don't play RPGs that much anymore, but if there is one game I'd so willingly put that much time aside for it is VP3. Just come on Squeenix and Tri-Ace, just give me a nice trilogy to finish it off.

I'm sure there's more that I'd love to get revived but I can't think of them atm.

Fantastic Member

Battletoads
    Syphon Filter
    Dino Crisis
    Earthworm Jim
    Virtua Cop