Default How is old Superman in new 52 universe?

I am a long long time Marvel reader and only started DC a couple of years back. I tried searching for this answer but couldn't find it.

How did Superman bring Lois and his son to the new 52 universe? And why isn't there any other old heroes knocking about there too? Like Old Batman, Old Aquaman with one arm, Old Lex Luthor etc..

I think the Flash is the old Flash? Seeing as how he kind of remember things pre flashpoint?

Or is it the Flash and Batman their old selves? Just younger and with no memory of what happened pre flashpoint? but then that doesn't explain the dual Superman/Clark Kent.

I'm so confused. I always viewed (probably wrongly) DC as Star Trek compared to Marvel as Star Wars. DC just always seemed to have more time travel and sci fi elements to it. Strangely enough I watched Star Trek the original series 4 years ago as a 25 year old and I LOVE IT. As much if not more than Star Wars. Apologies for the tangent.

Thanks for reading and any help with this.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inEden View Post
    I am a long long time Marvel reader and only started DC a couple of years back. I tried searching for this answer but couldn't find it.

How did Superman bring Lois and his son to the new 52 universe? And why isn't there any other old heroes knocking about there too? Like Old Batman, Old Aquaman with one arm, Old Lex Luthor etc..

I think the Flash is the old Flash? Seeing as how he kind of remember things pre flashpoint?

Or is it the Flash and Batman their old selves? Just younger and with no memory of what happened pre flashpoint? but then that doesn't explain the dual Superman/Clark Kent.

I'm so confused. I always viewed (probably wrongly) DC as Star Trek compared to Marvel as Star Wars. DC just always seemed to have more time travel and sci fi elements to it. Strangely enough I watched Star Trek the original series 4 years ago as a 25 year old and I LOVE IT. As much if not more than Star Wars. Apologies for the tangent.

Thanks for reading and any help with this.
    Braniac bottles dying worlds, right? Well there's a version of him that did that with dying universes/timelines. Clark and Lois were bottled up. Stuff happened, they got free. They returned to what they thought was their Earth only to find out their world was erased and a similar world had replaced it - the New 52 Earth.

Clark and Lois hung out in the shadows, while the New 52 heroes gathered together and established the Justice League. Clark and Lois had a son, and raised him out in the country. Clark would seek out potential villains and stop them, while Lois became a well known investigative journalist known as Author X.

Recently, the New 52 Superman died due to radiation poisoning. Clark is now taking his place.

Only a handful of characters survived the stuff that happened on Brianiac's world. The other heroes all left for other Earths (except Parallax-Hal Jordan, who came to the New 52 Earth and hung out for a bit).

We know that Dr. Manhattan messed with the timeline of the DCU. He altered things for reasons we do not know or understand, yet. His monkeying with time has deleted 10 years worth of history from the DCU and irrevocably altered everyone's present. At this time, we do not know if inserting the missing 10 years into the timeline will correct the timeline and return it to the Post-Crisis continuity, or whether the missing 10 years will be used by the creative teams as justification for re-inserting all the good bits from the Post-Crisis Continuity.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 06-15-2016 at 07:17 PM.

THUMBS UP!!!!

Thanks for that. And so easy to read and understand too.

I still find the Dr Manhanttan thing pretty weird though.