Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

After all these years it's hard to believe his uniform is still in one piece. How many fires has it been through, near drowning, fights, being staked out in the desert, etc?
    I don't think it would be unrealistic for the uniform to be falling apart and Jonah to get a new outfit. I wouldn't want him to be politically correct, but we are at the point where continuing to wear it hurts his viability to sell comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    After all these years it's hard to believe his uniform is still in one piece. How many fires has it been through, near drowning, fights, being staked out in the desert, etc?
    I don't think it would be unrealistic for the uniform to be falling apart and Jonah to get a new outfit. I wouldn't want him to be politically correct, but we are at the point where continuing to wear it hurts his viability to sell comics.
    In Hex’s final days, wasn’t he killed in the suit playing poker, and a taxidermist set his body on display in the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    In Hex’s final days, wasn’t he killed in the suit playing poker, and a taxidermist set his body on display in the suit.

This is the last 2 pages of HEX 18, which was about Jonah in the 23rd century. He’s recovering from serious wounds in what had once been a 20th century amusement park...

...and makes the bittersweet discovery that he WILL make it back to his own time eventually.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 07-04-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. I always liked how Hex had a set lifespan: 1838-1904.

Holy Nekron, you are at it again.

Well this thread had the effect of actually make me check Gray/Palmiotti Jonah Hex book (i already read All Star Western a few years ago, but didn't get around reading the prequel until now), so far the first 18 issues had been great.

As for the question, yeah Hex met a black man in #10, the man was married to a white woman and they had a son, they were by some crazy southerns living in a swamp when they fed people to the alligators, the man escaped, the woman was sexually abused and their son was feed to the animals, after knowing that Jonah killed then all, set their home on fire and gave te traumatized the papers for a property where she could rebuild her life, take that as you want.

Still i can get why people feel uncomfortable about him using that uniform, so i had no problem if they made an excuse for him to get rid of it, it shouldn't be too difficult.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona