Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default James Tynion IV Talks DETECTIVE COMICS, Character Relationships

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...-/1100-155671/

Definitely insightful. I look forward to it.

BANNED

Good interview, until he mentioned that Harper Row will be in the book. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and won't make the rest of the Bat-Family look like incompetent morons in comparison to perfect flawless Harper Row. I hope she's retired soon, she's been around for a few years now and fans still haven't taken a liking to her. She's dead weight.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I really can't get with this Clayface training/Batfam development. I don't like that Clayface is involved like this or that this particular one is Karlo.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not a whole lot of new info in this interview, but it was nice to see some preview art.

I can see that "no real names" thing becoming a point of conflict, maybe when someone slips up and forgets to use a codename.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Is damian going to play any role in the bat books or is he only going to be in teen titans and super-sons? Anybody got any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Is damian going to play any role in the bat books or is he only going to be in teen titans and super-sons? Anybody got any idea?
    Doesn't seem like he will in the foreseeable future.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    He's gonna be in Nightwing so you can look out for that but otherwise he's not under the bat office editorial purview anymore

I'm throughly excited about this series, especially after the first issue. I generally really enjoy the Bat-family and I'm glad that we have a title with most of them together as a team, not to mention we got Tim Drake away from Teen Titans. I generally like the cast we have right now, although Clayface will forever confuse me when they could have brought in someone like Batwing or Talon, but like Harper hopefully we will see more people like that later and maybe I'll even grow to like heroic Clayface, I recall that was actually a plot point I liked in an old batman cartoon.

I actually really like that Batman gave the group the Belfry as their own HQ. Why cram everyone into the Batcave when it's easier to just allow them a team HQ, and I can't wait to find out all the neat little gadgets it has.

If I have one issue though, it's the fact that the Colony are clearly just an army of Arkham Knight copycats. Everytime I see them it reminds me of that game, not sure if anyone else sees it that way though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I liked Rebirth and this sounds good but I am really not interested in the Colony, so this is most likely TPB for me. It might even read better like that. Definitely like that Tim still get's a different treatment than the others as would-be-Robin. He should be trusted "more" than the others at least for now. A Spoiler story sounds good, I kind of hope Tynion uses a "New arc, different character in the center"-concept.

Sounds groovy! This is the book I'm looking forward to the most. Shame there weren't more questions about Batwoman. Like, how will her story arc be progressed.
    Also glad to see Harper hasn't been forgotten. I felt like the way she was written out at the end of B&RE smacked of kowtowing to fan pressure.

Also:
    One of the big decisions, right at the start of this book, was making sure that we weren't going down the path of, "This is Batman resisting the idea of having allies."
    And thank god for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Sounds groovy! This is the book I'm looking forward to the most. Shame there weren't more questions about Batwoman. Like, how will her story arc be progressed.
    He's said elsewhere that Alice will come back into the picture at some point.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Sounds awesome. I can't wait to see the Belfry!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Good interview, until he mentioned that Harper Row will be in the book. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and won't make the rest of the Bat-Family look like incompetent morons in comparison to perfect flawless Harper Row. I hope she's retired soon, she's been around for a few years now and fans still haven't taken a liking to her. She's dead weight.
    Yeah, they keep talking about that, and it just kind of whacks me in the head each time as rather counter-productive to the push of the book. It seems like this entire book is about getting fan-favorites of the batfamily in one comic and showing off them fighting and hanging out together. Clayface is the only exception, but he also seems to be a plot device for later down the line, so easily forgiven inclusion. Harper, though, would be really out of place.

Couple more interviews from Comics Alliance and Comicosity.

I love everything that he has to say except for the inclusion of Clayface, but we'll see... Man-Bat would've been interesting, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Couple more interviews from Comics Alliance and Comicosity.

I love everything that he has to say except for the inclusion of Clayface, but we'll see... Man-Bat would've been interesting, though.
    Yeah, I'm still not totally sold on his explanation of Clayface, but I can handwave it for now.