Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Future Of DC-Based Video Games Addressed by WB Games President

When it comes to movie tie-in games, David Haddad said the goal is to make products that "work as great games" first.

Full article here.

BANNED

The question should have been will we see more DC COmics based games that AREN'T Batman and Injustice.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

I would love to see a Flash video game. I would love to see a Green Lantern Game where you could team up the Earth Green Lanterns.

Glad they're taking the "great game first" approach, but I think that's a given. I think the movie tie-in is slowly becoming a thing of the past. Firstly, as we all know, they're almost always crap. More importantly, the video game industry now generates as much or more than the movie industry. If anything, the new Batman films should take their inspiration from the Arkham series if they want to get Batman right.

That said, yeah, we REALLY need some great games featuring Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern. It's almost criminal that in 2016 those characters haven't been featured in great games yet. (I don't personally count Injustice. Fighters are just not my thing.)

So no sequel to Arkham Origins? It was of a lesser quality then rocksteadys games but it had an amazing story especially all the Joker stuff. I have no desire for a VR game.

Also hoping Rocksteady announces they are now doing a Superman or Flash game next.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So no sequel to Arkham Origins? It was of a lesser quality then rocksteadys games but it had an amazing story especially all the Joker stuff. I have no desire for a VR game.

Also hoping Rocksteady announces they are now doing a Superman or Flash game next.
    I feel like they should consider doing a HD version of Arkham Origins for Next Gen if nothing else.

Also a Superman game is in the works if rumours are true...

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    Glad they're taking the "great game first" approach, but I think that's a given. I think the movie tie-in is slowly becoming a thing of the past. Firstly, as we all know, they're almost always crap. More importantly, the video game industry now generates as much or more than the movie industry. If anything, the new Batman films should take their inspiration from the Arkham series if they want to get Batman right.

That said, yeah, we REALLY need some great games featuring Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern. It's almost criminal that in 2016 those characters haven't been featured in great games yet. (I don't personally count Injustice. Fighters are just not my thing.)
    How about .... all of them; A Justice League game would have to eventually be in works to support the cinimatic universe. Not a fighting game fan myself but Injustice was alot of fun, not as heavy and dark as the tone would suggest......Minus LL dying that is.
    Last edited by MangoldMoney74; 06-16-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want to see a Green Arrow game personally.