Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well I hope so casue when I think Superman game I flash back to being a little kid playing Superman 64 and those memories are not cherished ones.
    the rings always get the rings lol. i played it when i was a kid and i had fun with it even if i failed

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm thinking an over the shoulder TPS. Something in the vein of InFamous with RE6's melee and stun mechanics.
    I like it but im guessing supes/Flash/WW/GreenLantern are the only one with chances of a stand alone game. WW in the vein of God Of War could be real fun. Flash and Supes could be cool but hard to pull off. Green lantern could work much like you suggested for GA with Unfamous mechanics

I dont know if rocksteady has a exclusive deal with WB but id love them to make a Daredevil game. It would work similar to the Arkham games, just more acrobats and less brute force. Also replace gadgets with super senses
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-16-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    the rings always get the rings lol. i played it when i was a kid and i had fun with it even if i failed
    That game was a nightmare that had a 8year old me scream WTF every 5mins

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like it but im guessing supes/Flash/WW/GreenLantern are the only one with chances of a stand alone game. WW in the vein of God Of War could be real fun. Flash and Supes could be cool but hard to pull off. Green lantern could work much like you suggested for GA with Unfamous mechanics

I dont know if rocksteady has a exclusive deal with WB but id love them to make a Daredevil game. It would work similar to the Arkham games, just more acrobats and less brute force. Also replace gadgets with super senses
    Green Arrow would have been a great candidate when his TV show was at the peak of it's popularity. It's not so viable now but I still want it to happen as he's the easiest to convert into a video game.

WB owns Rocksteady. They brought the studio after the success of Asylum.

Green Arrow would have been a great candidate when his TV show was at the peak of it's popularity. It's not so viable now but I still want it to happen as he's the easiest to convert into a video game.

WB owns Rocksteady. They brought the studio after the success of Asylum.
    Id love a Green Arrow just dont think it will happen as a stand alone, but ill cross my fingers.

Ok well that sucks, Marvel needs to find them a rocksteady like team and start making real games again. Im no counting spidey they never stop making spidey games. And not movie tie-ins either original games. The last I remember outside of spidey was UA 2 and that weird Xmen game destiny i think.

Edit: i forgot deadpool that games story was funny but the games mechanics got old fast

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Id love a Green Arrow just dont think it will happen as a stand alone, but ill cross my fingers.

Ok well that sucks, Marvel needs to find them a rocksteady like team and start making real games again. Im no counting spidey they never stop making spidey games. And not movie tie-ins either original games. The last I remember outside of spidey was UA 2 and that weird Xmen game destiny i think.

Edit: i forgot deadpool that games story was funny but the games mechanics got old fast
    It would have been easier to get Rocksteady like team if Disney stayed with in-house game development. Doing going back to the license route they'll have to first establish a deal with a publisher who will then assign who makes the game. This could suck if Marvel gives a license to a publisher who doesn't have a studio who can do the IP justice.

For non-Spidey and movie tie-ins there were MvC3, A Punisher downloadable FPS on PS3 (it sucked). Even though it was movie tie-in X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a great game. It's plot was better than the movie's.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Probably a long shot, but I would love to see WB put more DC based games on Nintendo Systems again. I would love to have more superhero games to play on my 3DS/Wii-U as well as the upcoming NX.

As for games for specific characters, I would love to see an actual good Green Lantern &/or Superman game. Also a Flash game would be nice. As would a Wonder Woman game.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

It would have been easier to get Rocksteady like team if Disney stayed with in-house game development. Doing going back to the license route they'll have to first establish a deal with a publisher who will then assign who makes the game. This could suck if Marvel gives a license to a publisher who doesn't have a studio who can do the IP justice.

For non-Spidey and movie tie-ins there were MvC3, A Punisher downloadable FPS on PS3 (it sucked). Even though it was movie tie-in X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a great game. It's plot was better than the movie's.

Yea Origins of Wolverine game was good. The cut scenes in that were better then anything in the movie. Plus its a fun game, not great but really good. Id put that and Spidey 2 as my favorite movie tie in games. For CBMs i mean, Golden Eye was my favorite normal movie tie in game.

Dc has done a much better job of developing quality video games and the brief article touches on that given their stance of wanting to develop quality over syncing with movies. Wish Marvel would take the same approach and have an annual release of something for the consoles instead of shoving mobile games down our throats.

BANNED

That game was a nightmare that had a 8year old me scream WTF every 5mins
    well if Lex Luthor laughs every time you lose i might scream too

Additional suggestion: since the DC TV line-up isn't going anywhere, a Legends of Tomorrow game would be nice. I'm imagining some kind of team dungeon brawler a la X-Men Legends or Marvel Ultimate Alliance, with loads of different stages across multiple time periods, and maybe other planets since that kind of thing must be easier to pull off in a game than on a TV budget. And you can pick your own squad out of basically anyone in the CWverse who's ever had a costume and a codename, or at least all the ones they can get the likeness rights for.

Also, Starro for the main villain plz.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    My never-gonna-happen dream is a Green Lantern Corps game. And yeah, the 'Corps' part matters. You don't play as Hal or John or whoever, you get to make your own character - male or female, any ethnicity or body type, doesn't even have to be human - and start out from scratch. Solo player tutorial presented as Kilowog breaking you in, which gives way to a single-player story-driven campaign and an extensive multiplayer setup. There's PVP (with outfits tweaked to show different Lantern Corps, so everyone knows who's on what team) but also large-scale co-op, with partially random-generated missions against Sinestro Corps, Manhunters, Black Lanterns etc.

Gameplay-wise it's mostly a third-person shooter with hovering/flight controls, sorta like Zone of the Enders but with the option to switch to 'jet mode' for faster flying at the cost of maneuverability and combat comfort. Also, an in-depth construct creation suite, that lets you personally design the shape and effect of your preferred constructs (with some familiar ripped-from-the-comics presets as inspiration) and save them to quick-keys for use in-game.
    I wholeheartedly agree with the idea of creating your own character. I actually thought that the game could begin with the death of a Green Lantern, and the character creation process is done via the ring's selection process. You choose from a variety of available space sectors, and each one has a selection of its own, unique species to choose from, along with the prerequisite customization options.

In terms of gameplay, though, I think Green Lantern would be the perfect candidate for a VR experience. In my mind, it would be something akin to Fallout and the upcoming No Man's Sky, in terms of far reaching exploration. The biggest thing for me, though, is "how do you capture the power of a weapon that is only limited by the power of the wearer's imagination," and, for me, the answer would be to embrace players' imaginations with an emphasis on open-sourced modding. Naturally, there'd have to be some sort of oversight, so you wouldn't just have a bunch of Green Lanterns beating Larfleeze with giant, green wangs, but I feel like a Green Lantern game should be a boundless experience.

I even had a pitch lined up: You put on your headset, and you're surrounded by darkness and stars. You look down, and there are your green boots hovering over the abyss. To your right, you see familiar faces, Kilowog, Guy Gardner, Tomar Re, G'nort, and, even Ch'p engaged in battle with the Yellow Lanterns, and, to your left, Hal Jordan duking it out with Sinestro, himself. You turn your head back, only to find that a Yellow Lantern is charging at you. You raise your controller in front of your face and say "shield" into your mic.

Your ring creates the construct, just as the Yellow Lantern's attack lands. It succeeded in protecting you, but the impact sends you into a tailspin. In VR, this next part should make you want to vomit. You're spinning farther and farther from the battle, and, soon, the clashing Lanterns are nothing more than small flashes of yellow and green, until they have disappeared from sight completely. You manage to steady yourself, but there it is: you're lost in space. Until you ask your ring to direct you to the nearest Green Lantern, that is. From there, a beam of green light flies out, and, as you follow it, it moves, just as the needle of a compass would, until, finally, you can make out faint specks of green light dotting the starry sky.

Of course, this is only one location. You can explore Oa, fly through Coast City, even escape from Qward, and that's only the beginning. Rather than making sequels, the game would continue to receive support and expansions as long as there was a player base. Later on, you could introduce expanded character creation and the ability for you to play as Red, Yellow, Blue, and Indigo Lanterns, as well as the Star Sapphires. A variation of zombie mode in the form of a Blackest Night horde mode, and additional constructs to choose from.

I'd also propose that it be an MMO, populated with other players throughout the galaxy.

So, I'd say mine is far more unrealistic than yours, but, hey, at least I can play it in my head.

I don't know how it would work (because of how many transformations he can do), but I would love to have a Beast Boy game.

Also as mentioned earlier, that 3rd person Green Lantern games sounds like fun. Especially if we can create our own characters (and not just humans).

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    My never-gonna-happen dream is a Green Lantern Corps game. And yeah, the 'Corps' part matters. You don't play as Hal or John or whoever, you get to make your own character - male or female, any ethnicity or body type, doesn't even have to be human - and start out from scratch. Solo player tutorial presented as Kilowog breaking you in, which gives way to a single-player story-driven campaign and an extensive multiplayer setup. There's PVP (with outfits tweaked to show different Lantern Corps, so everyone knows who's on what team) but also large-scale co-op, with partially random-generated missions against Sinestro Corps, Manhunters, Black Lanterns etc.

Gameplay-wise it's mostly a third-person shooter with hovering/flight controls, sorta like Zone of the Enders but with the option to switch to 'jet mode' for faster flying at the cost of maneuverability and combat comfort. Also, an in-depth construct creation suite, that lets you personally design the shape and effect of your preferred constructs (with some familiar ripped-from-the-comics presets as inspiration) and save them to quick-keys for use in-game.
    I would buy this game in a heartbeat. I would love for there to be an expansion where you can play as and team-up with members from the other Corps.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I want a Batman Arkham style game with the Court of Owls.