Super Moderator

Default "Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade" Solves Decades-Old Mystery

The death of Jason Todd, alluded to by Alfred in "Batman: The Dark Knight," is explained, while new iconic villains make their TDK debuts.

Full article here.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Now this is what JRJR's work normally looks like. Not sure what the hell was going on during his Superman run.

All-New Member

Great lead up to The Death in The Family.

Spectacular Member

Really liked it as it dialed the over the top ridiculousness and 'isn't my version of robin just the best mary sue ever' that plagues DK way back. I liked the humanity of bruce, his relationship with selene and, especially, this version of the Joker.

One of the things I've not really liked about that character for the past 10 or so years is how he's become more and more of a deranged serial killer and just cranked up to 11. Something I love about Millers version is the way he rarely laughs (similar to a lot of Heath Ledgers scenes). He doesn't think of himself as particularly funny. It makes him much more serpentine instead of a 'cuhrazzzyyyy clown'.

BANNED

This reads as if Bruce gave up on Jay like he did Grayson, when despite what happened both he and Alfred talked of Jason`s future drawing the Batman Beyond paralel.

Shock value, I get it.

All-New Member

Wow! Romita's art is awesome! Never thought he could draw like that... hated a lot his work but this one......wow!!!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I'm pretty sure me and the reviewer read wholly different books because there's nothing in the book painting Jason so negatively as he claims.