Default Red Robin Question

In Red Robin 4 Tim travels to Bagdad and finds a cave where there is a Bat insignia on the wall. Does anyone know how he comes to find that particular cave?

In issue 3 he infiltrates the museum in Germany and discovers something, which is probably a clue about the cave, but nothing is ever mentioned about what he discovered at the museum that lead him to the cave.

Did I miss something?

Can anyone remember that far back to the Red Robin series?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Fan View Post
    In Red Robin 4 Tim travels to Bagdad and finds a cave where there is a Bat insignia on the wall. Does anyone know how he comes to find that particular cave?

In issue 3 he infiltrates the museum in Germany and discovers something, which is probably a clue about the cave, but nothing is ever mentioned about what he discovered at the museum that lead him to the cave.

Did I miss something?

Can anyone remember that far back to the Red Robin series?
    Maaaaaaaate!! No on cares about Red Robin!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Maaaaaaaate!! No on cares about Red Robin!!!

No, no, no--Dan Didio adores Wed Wobin. Nobody else really counts.

Yeah I never really got that either. Only have been able to find the first two trades, so don't know if its answered later but I kind of always figured it played into a story about Batman returning somewhere else.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Extraordinary Member

Hey! I care about Red Robin!

It was a better book than any of Tim's New 52 appearances...

And no, there never is any real explanation for how the German museum lead him to the pre-historic Batcave in Baghdad. Both those discoveries mostly existed as a balm of success to Tim's conviction that Bruce was alive in the very first arc of Red Robin. The first few issues before the Cult of Spiders show up was all focused on showing Tim's mental state and desperation before the actual antagonists showed up to hijack everything.

Taking all eventual reveals about Tim's search into account, presumably Tim sees the family portrait in Wayne Manor that is actually Bruce time traveled to the 1600's. He then starts researching ancient Bat references that seem incongruous with the time period, goes to Germany to gather information on cave paintings that's not online, then shows up in Baghdad to find his mentor's modern symbol painted on an ancient wall.

Though I think there may have been some miscommunication as to whether that cave painting was located in the right place...
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Hey! I care about Red Robin!

It was a better book than any of Tim's New 52 appearances...

And no, there never is any real explanation for how the German museum lead him to the pre-historic Batcave in Baghdad. Both those discoveries mostly existed as a balm of success to Tim's conviction that Bruce was alive in the very first arc of Red Robin. The first few issues before the Cult of Spiders show up was all focused on showing Tim's mental state and desperation before the actual antagonists showed up to hijack everything.

Taking all eventual reveals about Tim's search into account, presumably Tim sees the family portrait in Wayne Manor that is actually Bruce time traveled to the 1600's. He then starts researching ancient Bat references that seem incongruous with the time period, goes to Germany to gather information on cave paintings that's not online, then shows up in Baghdad to find his mentor's modern symbol painted on an ancient wall.

Though I think there may have been some miscommunication as to whether that cave painting was located in the right place...
    This makes good sense. Thanks.