Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default What Are Some Things You Do Out of Habit?

Thought this would be a fun idea for a thread. So what are some things you do out of habit?

As for me....

- There are times I still refer to modern handhelds (such as my 3DS) as Gameboys.

- When someone says something negative or pessimistic I knock on wood for good luck to cancel it out.

- I always have to make a glass of water to take to my room before I go to bed just in case I am thirsty when I wake up.

- I feel I have to work out every morning or else i'll feel like crap for the rest of the day. (unless I am sick of course, you sadly can't work out then.)

So yea, that's about it for me. How about the rest of you?
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Smoke.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Carry a concealed gun on my hip 100% of the time in public. On the rare occasions I forget I get anxiety.

Bite my finger nails.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I always remove my waterproof watch before I bathe or wash my hands. Heh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Just because water won't kill it doesn't mean you want it soapy and/or wet on your wrist.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Smoke.
    Well I hope you are able to kick the habit eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Carry a concealed gun on my hip 100% of the time in public. On the rare occasions I forget I get anxiety.
    That is ahh.....well.... that's interesting. Kind of limits the places you can go doesn't it? As i'm sure there's some businesses that don't allow any kind of weapons on the premises.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

A cup of tea first thing in the morning. I cannot operate until I've had a brew.

BANNED

Research something on the Internet, and then, based on what I learned there, research something else. And so on.

Amazing Member

When I'm out shopping I usually follow a relatively rigid schedule, going out at a set time, going to stores in a set pattern, etc. Even inside stores, I often go around in a pattern, especially food stores. In supermarkets, I almost always go up one isle and down the next and repeat the pattern when I get to the second batch of aisles (British supermarkets almost always have two sets of aisles with a break in the middle. Mostly food at the top and other stuff at the bottom but not always.

When I go to Glasgow, I almost always go to Argyle Street, Buchanan Street and then Sauchiehall Street and the St Enoch centre is usually my first major stop and the Buchanan Galleries on Buchanan Street and Sauchiehall Street is my last major stop.

I'm a real creature of routine and mess my routine up and I usually end up coming home with virtually nothing as I get messed up if I end up switching around.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Check CBR.

_________

i main limbo in warframe

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Smoke.
    This.

Man, I need to get a gun, I'm stuck keeping a knife on me at all times. It saved me from muggers on one occasion and I don;t ever want to be caught off guard. My dad owned guns so I'm fairly trained and have decent aim and knowledge in the handling, care, and maintenance stuff, but would still take some kind of class before investing in a personal firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    That is ahh.....well.... that's interesting. Kind of limits the places you can go doesn't it? As i'm sure there's some businesses that don't allow any kind of weapons on the premises.
    In most places, I don;t think it's a big deal anywhere, as long as the state allows people to carry. We need more people like JediMindTrick carrying in public so when people try some mass slaughter crap, he's there to cut them off early. I listen to Jedi Mind Tricks the rap group and they will shoot anyone who tries something.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 06-17-2016 at 06:27 PM.

I am far too polite to make a small penis joke here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    This.

Man, I need to get a gun, I'm stuck keeping a knife on me at all times. It saved me from muggers on one occasion and I don;t ever want to be caught off guard. My dad owned guns so I'm fairly trained and have decent aim and knowledge in the handling, care, and maintenance stuff, but would still take some kind of class before investing in a personal firearm.

In most places, I don;t think it's a big deal anywhere, as long as the state allows people to carry. We need more people like JediMindTrick carrying in public so when people try some mass slaughter crap, he's there to cut them off early. I listen to Jedi Mind Tricks the rap group and they will shoot anyone who tries something.
    Well i know certain business like banks dont allow firearms of any kind.

And I would have to respectively disagree. We need less people with guns on the street, not more. I mean sure you could say its to defend against crazies. But whats to stop the person who says that from becoming a crazy themselves?

But thats another debate for another thread.