Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Arrow is looking good so far

Digging the art and loving the human trafficking story line so far. Also like how they have seemingly combined old school goatee Oliver with the TV Shows version of Oliver. Anyone else notice that?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

The comic is called Green Arrow and they aren't trying to make it like the tv show, but yeah, it is looking good.

All-New Member

Whoa, easy friend. . . we're on the same side here.

I noticed some of the same elements that the show shares, though one could argue the show hardly invented those tropes, I liked it. I thought it was a nice attempt to mesh multiple takes on the character with some of the better parts of each side. This is definitely our classic lovable lefty Ollie despite the working team (Sister figure, Tech support in the ear, etc). And I'm really enjoying Black Canary having such a strong part in this.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

The dialogue is pretty bad (seriously, somebody call a co-writer), but apart from that, I liked the first issue. I don't see how it's anything like the TV show, though. Thank God they aren't trying to copy that anymore.

i really dont want left wing GA back. he was a ******* , he was cheater, left teammates to die and he did things that made no sense. i don't want that GA back, keep it like the show GA fine. That awesome GA with the outsiders story line? i welcome it back with open arms. We don't need a political hero, just a good one who cares and that got most of that right in the first issue. i hope they keep him that way.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Redruum View Post
    Whoa, easy friend. . . we're on the same side here.
    it's all good, just rather it not be compared to THAT show

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    i really dont want left wing GA back. he was a ******* , he was cheater, left teammates to die and he did things that made no sense. i don't want that GA back, keep it like the show GA fine. That awesome GA with the outsiders story line? i welcome it back with open arms. We don't need a political hero, just a good one who cares and that got most of that right in the first issue. i hope they keep him that way.
    I like the politics. But yeah old green arrow was kind of a hypocritical dick, I'm not excited to see the old version back if they go that route again.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Incredible Member

The first two issues were decent. The question is, is the book worth $6 a month when you can get your Green Arrow fix with the tv show for free. I'm not sure yet, and may rather use the $6 and pick up some Image titles or other DC books.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    The first two issues were decent. The question is, is the book worth $6 a month when you can get your Green Arrow fix with the tv show for free. I'm not sure yet, and may rather use the $6 and pick up some Image titles or other DC books.
    if you think the felicity diaries are a good fix for green arrow, that's your decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    if you think the felicity diaries are a good fix for green arrow, that's your decision to make.
    Lol @ Felicity diaries.

The TV series Arrow was really good the first couple of seasons but it has gone downhill of recent. I still watch it but most of the time i'm cringing and wondering why i'm still watching. The best thing about last season was the villain Darkh. When you start rooting for the villain because everyone else is annoying or sucks there's problems.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Lol @ Felicity diaries.

The TV series Arrow was really good the first couple of seasons but it has gone downhill of recent. I still watch it but most of the time i'm cringing and wondering why i'm still watching. The best thing about last season was the villain Darkh. When you start rooting for the villain because everyone else is annoying or sucks there's problems.
    Meh the most annoying thing about Felicity is the people who obsess over complaining about her (not saying I like the character anymore but the whining fanboys who hate her are way more annoying)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Meh the most annoying thing about Felicity is the people who obsess over complaining about her (not saying I like the character anymore but the whining fanboys who hate her are way more annoying)
    She used to by my favorite character on the show and even i'm worn out and annoyed with what they've done to her. I think the complaints have legitimacy in what the showrunners have done to these characters.

But yes the excessive complaints about it do become redundant after awhile.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    She used to by my favorite character on the show and even i'm worn out and annoyed with what they've done to her. I think the complaints have legitimacy in what the showrunners have done to these characters.

But yes the excessive complaints about it do become redundant after awhile.
    Oh I'm tired of her too, but the complainers are way more annoying and blow it way out of proportion. An episode can have 5 minutes of Felicity and that appears to be the only part they watched because they complain about it for the whole week.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Eh I've only watched the first season and thought it was pretty good. I don't know what the felicity diaries are. Regardless, I'm not sure the character of green arrow is worth a $6 bill a month for 30 minutes of reading to me. Granted l, the first two issues were decent. There are just a lot of really good books out there now. Maybe if DC wasn't shipping twice a month on all titles, I'd keep up with it. But every DC series I read adds another $6 to my monthly bill. I wont be getting everything I like...only what I love.