Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Most of the hate on Slott is probably because of the Parker Industries stuff.
    Or perhaps because ever since Superior ended, IMO his story arcs have been "meh." Original Sin: meh. Peter running around in web diapers with pheromones forcing him and Silk together: meh. Spider-Verse had good tie-ins, but the main story was unstoppable villains repetitively killing and killing and killing characters until bad guys are pushed into a portal: meh with a side helping of trolling. Peter as an oblivious boss whose employees sabotage Parker Industries: meh. Renew Your Vows, some liked seeing Peter and MJ together with a kid, but the overall story was unstoppable villain killing heroes: meh. Scorpio, terrorist who can't be stopped until pushed into a portal: meh. Power Play, unstoppable villain redux from Renew Your Vows: so far meh.

Re-visiting the Clone Saga has the potential to be a great idea but we'll see.

Welp...I suppose I made the right decision not picking up this new series when All-New, All-Different began

Call me when they have someone other than Dan Slott writing Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Hooray!

<3 clones

-Pav, whose only rule is no villainous Ben Reilly...
    I'd be surprised if there wasn't a villainous Ben Reilly.

Can't believe this story is gonna be a side series tho,
    if it's suppose to have impact on Peter moving forward, would you want it to be apart of the main series?
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

This is damn disappointing. There's nothing more overused or dated in the Spider-Man mythos than clones. At least with genuine resurrections you could say that Jackal upped his game on a massive level, from cloning to actual power over the original life. Play on themes of an evolution from a man of science to a man of faith in basically biblical terms. the scientist who created clones because a god-like being who can bring back the dead. But instead they think small.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This is damn disappointing. There's nothing more overused or dated in the Spider-Man mythos than clones. At least with genuine resurrections you could say that Jackal upped his game on a massive level, from cloning to actual power over the original life. Play on themes of an evolution from a man of science to a man of faith in basically biblical terms. the scientist who created clones because a god-like being who can bring back the dead. But instead they think small.
    A little harder to put resurrected characters away without some straight murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    "Hey let's repeat every big story we've ever done."

- Marvel
    Well, the rest of Marvel is doing Civil War 2. Guess the Spidey office figured they'd do Clone Saga 2.

EDIT: Apparently, there already was a Clone Saga 2. Which raises the question why does Marvel feel they need to do a big clone story again if the other two times weren't that great?
    Hopefully third time's the charm.
    Last edited by LOSTie-chan; 06-17-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Sounds intriguing! Love how Marvel pulled a switch from "Dead No More" to "The Clone Conspiracy." Pretty neat marketing trick.

it's fine. it's happening as its own standalone mini series, which means it won't hurt anyone who hates the clone saga.

it's happening, like, over there. you can choose not to look at it.
    troo fan or death

Is this gonna be Marvel's plan moving forward for character events?

Build up the plot in the main books, but then show the story in a separate series while the main series is still ongoing and not referencing it?
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post

Build up the plot in the main books, but then show the story in a separate series while the main series is still ongoing and not referencing it?
    The main series will reference it for nine issues. Three prelude and five tie in plus an annual. The mini itself is five so this is a fourteen issue story not counting any other banner tie ins

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    The main series will reference it for nine issues. Three prelude and five tie in plus an annual. The mini itself is five so this is a fourteen issue story not counting any other banner tie ins
    looks like it's not happening, like, over there after all.

IMG_5553.jpg
    troo fan or death

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    This is a pretty appealing idea, because Norman's original death is a legendary story, but at the end of the day I don't think back-and-forthing like that would be worth it. There have been a few great Norman stories after he came back.
    The thing about the post-revival Norman is that if you compare him to his original incarnation, he's pretty different. Original Norman is an anxious, hyper-paranoid petty schemer, who's plot to become great was to take over the crime in New York City by killing Spider-Man. He's brilliant, but in small, clever ways. New Norman is Lex Luthor, a chessmaster planner who has plans and back up plans and grand ideas on how to take over the entirety of the United States. They're just not really the same character. To draw a comparison, Old Norman is Peter Parker, New Norman is Tony Stark. Both are genius', but their genius is applied in different manners.

This is why the Clone idea always appealed to me. It lets you keep the original death as meaningful and impactful while still letting you have new Norman. My idea is even that Norman himself doesn't know, that he believes the story he told Peter is the truth. And I think you could have a pretty big story of him finding out that he IS a clone and having HIM go through the struggles of what that means, similar to what Peter went through. It's an attempt to salvage what you can out of that mess from the 90s.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I really wonder about the contant of #19-23 with the main,being a mini. Guess ill find out. Jim Cheung my fave comics artist is doing the mini so thats another incentive

Well I'm looking forward to it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post

As this is only happening with this particular Spider-Man story, I wouldn't call it "Marvel's plan moving forward." Also, in the article it specifically states that the ASM issues running concurrently to The Clone Conspiracy will all be tie-in issues.