Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Is anyone really surprised?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    It's usually been my experience in the past. I guess the silver lining is that this is only five issues long. I'm shocked it's not at least eight.
    I would expect that at very least the first and last issues of the mini-series will be over-sized, as well as probably the first and last of the ASM tie-ins. This is how Marvel are doing things now.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Surprise there, eh guys? We certainly didn't know the instant the story was announced that it would be Jackal and clones again.

Yeah, if Marvel wants to market a story as a surprise reveal, they should pick one that wasn't incredibly obvious to anybody who has every picked up a Spider-Man comic.
    It wasn't obvious to me, and I've been reading Spider-Man comics since 1995 (albeit with a break in the late 90s because of the quality of the Byrne/Mackie relaunch, and again in 2008 for 8 months on principle). I didn't even think of the Jackal until I saw a mention of him after the teaser gif came out.

I'm going to read it. Seems interesting, plus it hits a nostalgic sweet spot. Plus it's not like you have to read it -- if you hate the whole idea for a third clone saga, just skip it.

Have a good day.
    G Morrow

iMan 42s

Didn't Miguel say something about his lab being accessible only by someone from 2099 just in case he got cloned? Might be fun to see what Spider-man 2099 would do if he had a clone running around. Then again I've always wanted to see a future Scarlet Spider so that's just wishful thinking if Miguel got involved.

Yeah I get why some don't like clones but I don't mind. The thing is that there was good that came out of the clone saga like the awesome Yost Scarlet Spider book, and the ever popular Ben Reilly. I don't agree that clones are the worst thing ever. I will however say that marketing prolonging a story long past its expiration date is.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thalespetry87 View Post
    I bet all my money that the new Jackal is actually Ben Reilly.
    And if I am right, I want the reconaissance that I thought it first!
    Actually i said that yesterday ;-)

Amazing Member

I'm only in if they bring back Spider-Cide.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    And this title is incredibly predictable. "Conspiracy" seems like a word to avoid just calling this story what it really is: Clone Saga 3. Though judging by all the tie-ins, sounds like the story will go up to December. At least between a separate miniseries and issues in the main book, hopefully that means more room to tie up loose threads so Slott can get closer to ending his run.

Not like his Spider-Man work is much better.
    His style fits way better on Spidey than it does the X-Men.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I guess with it dealing with clones now, it can set-up Otto into getting a body of Peter Parker and continuing as the Superior Spider-Man.

Slott mentions this story will be more emotional, so I guess that' what I'm looking forward to.(even though I doubt it ends up being the case)
    Yep the whole point for this retread is Otto is getting a new body.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I would expect that at very least the first and last issues of the mini-series will be over-sized, as well as probably the first and last of the ASM tie-ins. This is how Marvel are doing things now.
    Absolutely! These events either have pumped up issues or some kind of secondary book (looking at you Civil War II). I do think that this storyline could be told in Amazing. Even if there were a coupe of double-sized issues I wouldn't mind that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ignition View Post
    I'm only in if they bring back Spider-Cide.
    But of course! Who else is going to be featured on those awesome gimmick covers? Spider-Cide = Shiny, Covery goodness!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    I'm sure so they can charge at least $4.99 per issue, and fill the second half of the book with some kind of bullshit backup story that will be less than great.
    Bingo, I mean just look at the CW2 stuff and all the recent #1s. Marvel loves the 4.99 price point.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Going to remain optimistic about this. Everyone else seems to be a bit negative.

So:

- This basically confirms this is another Clone Saga, which should obviously get Spider fans excited. I mean, we all love the Clone Saga, don't we?

- It basically confirms that it's not really "Dead No More" since everyone back is just clones. Again.

Mighty Member

I wonder if Osborn is the master mind yet again.

Ben returns having being locked up by Osborn for all these years and is the real Spider-man. Peter is revealed to be the clone and melts, with Mephisto laughing finally revealing the catch of Spider-man's deal with him.