Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if Osborn is the master mind yet again.
    Maybe Osborn is the Jackal, he used Surgery to make himself look like Miles Warren

BANNED

Spider-Island used elements of the Clone Saga and still ended up being a good storyline.

In either case, I'm still guessing Anubishead isn't Miles Warren.

Mighty Member

Maybe marvel will do a rebirth style storyline answer create spider dad.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Is a married Peter Parker with a daughter going to take the place of the main Peter Parker (Tony Stark Jr.) when he dies and explodes into energy that also gives clone Gwen, Mary Jane, and a kid in China powers? Will Spiderdad then try and pick up the pieces of Iron Spider's life and make it into something that resembles sorta-Spiderman? Granted, that may prove easy! Spider-Man hasn't resembled "Spider-Man" in ages!

We'll see.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-17-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Maybe marvel will do a rebirth style storyline answer create spider dad.
    That sneaky Dr. Manhattan....he just shows up in the strangest places.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It basically confirms that it's not really "Dead No More" since everyone back is just clones. Again.
    You didn't read the article did you? The article says the Jackal is trying new things that exceed cloning and are about outright bringing back the dead.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Going to remain optimistic about this. Everyone else seems to be a bit negative.
    Seriously. Everyone here is dumping on this story because they hate current Dan Slott. Remember when Brand New Day was around? Everyone wanted Slott as the head writer. Then we got it and no one complained. We got Doc Ock as Peter and everyone loved it. Suddenly everyone hates Slott and the current direction. I get that real fans can say "i love this but hate this" and real fans should never blindly follow a character with only praise in mind, but this is all ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    But it happens every 20 years; it's tradition!!

The good news is they won't trot this story out again till the 2030's so you have that going for ya.....
    Aloha,
    Yes it is. But each time the story gets a little tighter. Not that anything could be as convoluted as the original.
    Spidey rules

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The five-issue miniseries from writer Dan Slott and artist Jim Cheung will see the return of the Jackal.

Full article here.
    shocking.jpg

They should've called it the Clone-spiracy, what a waste.

All-New Member

If Marvel wants to release books in seasons, we're clearly in the rerun phase.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    You didn't read the article did you? The article says the Jackal is trying new things that exceed cloning and are about outright bringing back the dead.
    Only as a possibility. So far, it just sounds like extent of Jackal expanding his plans is cloning people other than Peter and Gwen.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Seriously. Everyone here is dumping on this story because they hate current Dan Slott. Remember when Brand New Day was around? Everyone wanted Slott as the head writer. Then we got it and no one complained. We got Doc Ock as Peter and everyone loved it. Suddenly everyone hates Slott and the current direction. I get that real fans can say "i love this but hate this" and real fans should never blindly follow a character with only praise in mind, but this is all ridiculous.
    Most of the hate on Slott is probably because of the Parker Industries stuff.

BANNED

I wouldn't call a handful of chronic complainers "everyone" as ASM remains the biggest non-Star Wars title that Marvel has. Slott is plenty popular as a Spidey scribe. I just think many fans choose to quietly enjoy the book rather than waste time endlessly fighting on message boards.

As for The Clone Conspiracy, consider me pumped. I love that this is going to be a HUGE event with a separate series of its own, plus ASM tie-ins to the main title, plus an Annual tie-in. I have a feeling that in scope and impact this is going to blow all of Slott's previous Spidey events out of the water.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Not clones again!

I hated it back in the 90s, and I hate it now. The Clone Saga actually led to me not buying comics from January 1997 thru April 1998. I couldn't take Marvel's crap anymore.

(Thinking back, though, during that year and 4 months of being "comic-free", I graduated from college (with honors!), found a job, and got engaged (still married). So it kind of worked out well. Maybe if I stop buying comics again, this time I would make a warp engine or something! Thanks, Marvel !)

BANNED

I actually don't mind clones. The stories spawned Kaine and Ben Reilly, though I'm more a fan of the former. I know plenty of readers who look back fondly on Ben, too.