Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

More Kaine is guaranteed at least.
    I just hope Reilly's not the villain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Most of the hate on Slott is probably because of the Parker Industries stuff.
    That's merely one of many reasons I'm afraid. Also to be clear it's not hate. I don't hate Slott (I've never even met him) I'm sure he's a nice guy in real life, but I do dislike how he writes characters, what he's done with a certain character and what he's does with most of his stories generally. He does have a good eye for dialogue now and then and he has some semi decent ideas. They need filtering though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Maybe Osborn is the Jackal, he used Surgery to make himself look like Miles Warren
    It'd be funny if by the end of Dan's run we learn Osborn really has been behind everything all along.

BANNED

Spidey may have a recurring nightmare about Gwen falling off a bridge but mine is that they keep the whole clone thing going......

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    It'd be funny if by the end of Dan's run we learn Osborn really has been behind everything all along.
    Yeah! We can have a miniseries where Osborn mind swaps with Doctor Octopus before Superior! Superior Doctor Octopus.

(And obviously the Goblin King would be a clone.)

I might been only one of the few that's excited for this. To be honest, I thought the first half of the clone saga was great, but then they make Spidey leave and it's all about Ben Reilly. The only part I liked about the end of the CS was Bens sacrifice to save Peter. Having him come back would be kinda sad as that whole sacrifice was for nothing.
    Otherwise, I'm pretty hopeful for this event. I don't think Slott will retread the old story and he will do it in his own way. Also excited for Doc Ocks return.

P.S: I really like Ramos' artwork.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Will there be a chimney stack in this one too?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Yeah! We can have a miniseries where Osborn mind swaps with Doctor Octopus before Superior! Superior Doctor Octopus.

(And obviously the Goblin King would be a clone.)
    I like that Norman has just been popping up here and there, like a cockroach.

Mighty Member

This is GREAT NEWS!

I mean, it'll suck. Don't get me wrong. It's a clone story written after 1979. But it's overall impact will be minimal. Way better than if they were actually reviving people.

I even can hope that they'll reveal Norman was always dead and the one from the second clone saga onward is a clone! I've been posting for that on this board for years. Maybe Slott can actually make a positive impact on the Spider-Legacy.

Astonishing Member

While I did shake my head at the reveal of it being "Clones 3.0", I also find it funny how often readers complain about retreading stories with villains but insist that character remain unchanged in any substantial measure or those that insist that writers should continue to recycle Spider-man's rogues gallery instead of building upon it.

All said, a reinvention of Jackal was definitely needed. His new look is VASTLY superior and touching into the idea of piercing the afterlife is a good road to take, especially when one considers how frequently characters do come back from the dead in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I wouldn't call a handful of chronic complainers "everyone" as ASM remains the biggest non-Star Wars title that Marvel has. Slott is plenty popular as a Spidey scribe. I just think many fans choose to quietly enjoy the book rather than waste time endlessly fighting on message boards.

As for The Clone Conspiracy, consider me pumped. I love that this is going to be a HUGE event with a separate series of its own, plus ASM tie-ins to the main title, plus an Annual tie-in. I have a feeling that in scope and impact this is going to blow all of Slott's previous Spidey events out of the water.
    It's not going to take much to top Spider-Verse.
    Last edited by Frontier; 06-17-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Hooray!

<3 clones

-Pav, whose only rule is no villainous Ben Reilly...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Marvel. You never learn. Do you???

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I even can hope that they'll reveal Norman was always dead and the one from the second clone saga onward is a clone! I've been posting for that on this board for years. Maybe Slott can actually make a positive impact on the Spider-Legacy.
    This is a pretty appealing idea, because Norman's original death is a legendary story, but at the end of the day I don't think back-and-forthing like that would be worth it. There have been a few great Norman stories after he came back.

I agree with Ceebiro 100%. The Jackal has always been a first tier villain with a bottom of the barrel visual design. Now we, hopefully, never have to look at a green and fuzzy doofus version of again. Emotionally torturing Peter and spinning some old continuity 180 degrees is also a plus. We might even get a new set of Slingers books out of it. So there are a few things to be optimistic about after all