Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default DC's First Rebirth Crossover Event Arrives in "Batman" #7

This fall, DC Comics' "Night of the Monster Men" crossover event will take hold of "Batman," "Detective Comics" and "Nightwing."

Full article here.

All-New Member

With that title?

Hugo Strange.

I'll be sampling Nightwing since I loved Grayson but no Nightwing book has ever been able to grab my attention for long. If this one follows suit, that'd mean I'd be buying two parts out of a six issue story. Guess I'll wait to put Detective on my pull for after this so I don't buy those issues out of obligation...

Sure is new 52 in here.

BANNED

Cool concept, but they should have just made a mini-series or OGN out of this.

Meet the new DC. Same as the old DC.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Are people surprised by this?

I'm just glad that, having enjoyed "Grayson" and "Midnighter" that the Bat Books now seem to be basically run by King, Seeley and Orlando. It's a smart move, sales-wise, and could pay off creatively to mingle these titles early.

It does feel a little early into each of their runs to do a crossover, but the premise is interesting and so long as the writing is solid I probably won't have too big an issue with it .

Just don't keep going into "crossover mode" so quickly and we'll be good.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm likely to sit this one out since I'm not reading 'Tec and nothing is going to convince me to pick up 2 issues of book I didn't enjoy in the first place. I'll be skipping the Batman and Nightwing issues as well. I'll likely read it in trade later on instead.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Well that was fast. I get all three books so im game.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DEWLine View Post
    With that title?

Hugo Strange.

You beat me to it. Also, HUGO STRANGE!!!!!!!! 😀I LOVE Hugo Stange.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    If you're mad about the crossover, welcome to the last 25+ years of comics. Crossovers sell, get many fans excited and are promoted to boost sales. They are never going away at DC/Marvel.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Actually, despite all the mistakes, at least the New52 felt a bit fresher.
    This feels like they grabbed it out of the compost bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'm just glad that, having enjoyed "Grayson" and "Midnighter" that the Bat Books now seem to be basically run by King, Seeley and Orlando. It's a smart move, sales-wise, and could pay off creatively to mingle these titles early.
    You're forgetting about Tynion responsible for the dreck in Detective Comics.

Incredible Member

Well that didnt take very long

Hopefully Matt Wagner will provide some variant covers - his version of "Mad Monk" and "Monster Men" are great

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, despite all the mistakes, at least the New52 felt a bit fresher.
    This feels like they grabbed it out of the compost bin.

You're forgetting about Tynion responsible for the dreck in Detective Comics.
    I, for one, am glad that I forgot about Tynion's work. Why did you have to remind me?
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks