Default Raven's miniseries

http://www.newsarama.com/29769-gotha...-solicits.html

Raven's miniseries is actually happening, and is meant to be set between teen titans volume 5 #24 and Teen Titans rebirth.
    I am really happy this is actually happening ever since i heard the news back in October last year, and Marv Wolfman is still going through with it.
    I am definitely going to be picking up all six issues.

RAVEN_Cv1.jpg

RAVEN #1
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN
    Art and cover by ALISSON BORGES
    “The White Carnival” part 1! In a tale set between TEEN TITANS #24 and TEEN TITANS: REBIRTH #1, Raven takes a break from the team and moves to San Francisco to stay with her estranged aunt and face her most perilous challenge yet: high school! As Raven discovers more about her human side, one of her classmates goes missing under mysterious circumstances, and she must face an evil like none she’s known before!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 21 • 32 pg, 1 of 6, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Astonishing Member

While it's great that she's getting a spotlight mini-series, it's a shame that they are once again revisiting this Raven goes to high school plot line.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/29769-gotha...-solicits.html

Raven's miniseries is actually happening, and is meant to be set between teen titans volume 5 #24 and Teen Titans rebirth.
    I am really happy this is actually happening ever since i heard the news back in October last year, and Marv Wolfman is still going through with it.
    I am definitely going to be picking up all six issues.

RAVEN_Cv1.jpg

RAVEN #1
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN
    Art and cover by ALISSON BORGES
    “The White Carnival” part 1! In a tale set between TEEN TITANS #24 and TEEN TITANS: REBIRTH #1, Raven takes a break from the team and moves to San Francisco to stay with her estranged aunt and face her most perilous challenge yet: high school! As Raven discovers more about her human side, one of her classmates goes missing under mysterious circumstances, and she must face an evil like none she’s known before!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 21 • 32 pg, 1 of 6, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Awesome, I thought it was never going to happened but good news for Raven fans. Ha! I once said in a Raven appreaction thread that she should reside in San Fransisco, looks like I got my wish true. The art looks nice too, anytime now I bet Outside85 is going to be happy about this.

3 issues in and i am really enjoying this mini, #2 was especially good after i found #1 a bit underwhelming. It is a good mix of character development and a relatively fast plot which is intriguing. It develops Raven so well and her characterisation is on point. Allison Borges' art fits well and Wolfman's writing is on point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Awesome, I thought it was never going to happened but good news for Raven fans. Ha! I once said in a Raven appreaction thread that she should reside in San Fransisco, looks like I got my wish true. The art looks nice too, anytime now I bet Outside85 is going to be happy about this.
    That I am.

And by issue 4 I am still quite pleased with this; I like the art, I like the story and I generally like the characters even if most of them aren't terribly well defined.
    What I don't like so much is the vagueness of the White Carnival itself... I mean, it's there and it's sucking people in... but atm I really dont know who or what it is, why it's doing what it's doing or why Raven herself is exempt from it all. And I kinda fear all of this will be left for the last issue and the 5th will feature more of Raven running her head against a wall going 'not yet'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    That I am.

And by issue 4 I am still quite pleased with this; I like the art, I like the story and I generally like the characters even if most of them aren't terribly well defined.
    What I don't like so much is the vagueness of the White Carnival itself... I mean, it's there and it's sucking people in... but atm I really dont know who or what it is, why it's doing what it's doing or why Raven herself is exempt from it all. And I kinda fear all of this will be left for the last issue and the 5th will feature more of Raven running her head against a wall going 'not yet'.
    Seems to me that happens a lot in mystical storylines, and that's why they tend to not be my favorite. Both the menace and the means of defeating it always seem so vague.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Seems to me that happens a lot in mystical storylines, and that's why they tend to not be my favorite. Both the menace and the means of defeating it always seem so vague.
    I'd rather say it happens when a writer is using a villain that is meant to be a one off, it's used for this story and never seen again.

That said I am not beyond the notion that something more substantial will emerge from the bloom, which is also something writers often do... keep the real badguy hidden till a last moment reveal. Like how many issues did the Anti-Monitor hover just out of sight before we actually saw him? (Not that this is going to be the AM).

BANNED

"Check it out! This [insert fairly well known superhero here] has faced many threats, but nothing will compare to the most perilous challenge yet: high school!"

Over it already. Pass.