Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Is "One More Day" Coming Unraveled in "Amazing Spider-Man"?

Could Marvel's recent reality-altering events result in a restoration of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson's marriage?

Full article here.

BANNED

Very good points of evidence. It's a very minor one, but Spider-Man #2 also has Peter says he hates a red demon when he and Miles are fighting Blackheart, Mephisto's son. So between books that have featured Peter prominently (Aside from Spidey, which isn't a modern story), it does seem that there is a collective effort among the books to address One More Day.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Could Marvel's recent reality-altering events result in a restoration of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson's marriage?

Full article here.

I was just talking about this today...if it happens and they do erase OMD, I can guarantee you I will be back with Spidey after all these years.

Amazing Member

I'm not ready to get my hopes up just yet, but I would welcome the change back to the proper continuity with open arms.

BANNED

Ain't gonna happen.

ZackyJ

I can't remember exactly when the original copy was made, but during Dark Reign, Tony wiped his mind back to before the first Civil War started. Might not take it back to New Avengers #1, but definitely before May was shot and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Full article here.
    If Marvel's response to DC Rebirth is to undo OMD and bring Peter & MJ back together? Count me in!

I haven't bought a single issue of Spider-Man since OMD. Undoing OMD and reuniting Pete and Mary Jane while simultaneously acknowledging all the screwed-up continuity that Marvel never bothered to acknowledge before (as seen in the panels shown here) would be rolling out the red carpet for old school fans like me.

Marvel folks, if you bring back their marriage and return all memories to all the characters who forgot wide chunks of Marvel continuity? You got me. I will jump on the bandwagon and start buying Spider-Man again for the first time in almost a decade.

MAKE. IT. SO. (please!)

Quote Originally Posted by roguematt7 View Post
    I'm not ready to get my hopes up just yet, but I would welcome the change back to the proper continuity with open arms.
    Same here.

I don't care why they do it or particularly how they do it. Just bring back the Spider-Marriage and make everyone remember everything they forgot. Just do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedibanner View Post
    I was just talking about this today...if it happens and they do erase OMD, I can guarantee you I will be back with Spidey after all these years.
    DITTO.

Nothing would make me happier. We got the original DCU back. If Marvel gives us back the classic Marvel status quo? I'm in like Flynn. Bring it on!

For that matter, hell, why stop there? Give us the classic Avengers line-ups, too. And stop with the Inhumans stuff and just focus on the X-Men again.

Then all would be right in the world as far as I'm concerned.

It's carrot-dangling at best, trolling at worst. The Spidey editorial team have been doing it on and off for the last nine years and it continues to lead to the same place... nowhere. Nothing's going to change any time soon and, quite frankly, I wouldn't want the current Spidey team going anywhere near the (real) marriage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    If Marvel's response to DC Rebirth is to undo OMD and bring Peter & MJ back together? Count me in!

I haven't bought a single issue of Spider-Man since OMD. Undoing OMD and reuniting Pete and Mary Jane while simultaneously acknowledging all the screwed-up continuity that Marvel never bothered to acknowledge before (as seen in the panels shown here) would be rolling out the red carpet for old school fans like me.

Marvel folks, if you bring back their marriage and return all memories to all the characters who forgot wide chunks of Marvel continuity? You got me. I will jump on the bandwagon and start buying Spider-Man again for the first time in almost a decade.

MAKE. IT. SO. (please!)
    Same for me.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It's all clearly leading to 'Spider-Man And Doctor Doom: Triumph And Torment' by Roger Stern.

I haven't bought a single issue of Spider-Man since OMD
    Same with me, Marvel just totally went against everything Spidey comics were about.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Empty red herrings and open-handed trolling of people who still dont like a comic book story from a decade ago.

A few issues of Amazing ago, when Regent showed up, I swear I remember MJ saying that there was something familiar about him. As he was the main threat/villain/antagonist of "Renew Your Vows," I can't help but wonder if she remembers something of that. Considering that, due to Mephisto's influence, her (and Pete's and May's) timelines are a tad out of sync anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some bleed-over from Secret Wars.

THAT BEING SAID, it could just be me. *shrugs*

We're not that lucky.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist