Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Would You Like to See the Effects of "Spider-Man: One More Day" Reversed?

Would You Like to See the Effects of "Spider-Man: One More Day" Reversed?

With recent events in Marvel's Spider-Man titles hinting that Mephisto's dissolution of Peter Paker and Mary Jane Watson's marriage in "One More Day" may not last, do you want to see the old status quo restored?

Vote on the poll here.

I want them back together!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Yes please.

With 481 votes in favor of restoring the marriage, and 47 - only 8.9% of the vote - against reversing One More Day, it's fair to say that support for One More Day and/or opposition to the marriage is a very small, but very vocal minority.

Amazing Member

I don't need Peter and MJ back together right away, but I need the Faustian deal with Mephisto to be destroyed. THen Peter and MJ can explore what it means to have the CHOICE of each other again

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Well the fans hath spoken. Though to be devil advocate I think OMD is hated for many, many more reasons than just the marriage undo. It basically tainted MJ for years as a character and also ensured that Aunt May was doomed to be immortal and clueless of Peter's secret forever. OMD was basically the perfect chance to say to her properly and they screwed it up, big time.

Fantastic Member

This is why I balk whenever people describe One More Day as "controversial." There isn't much of a controversy here.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

It's not really possible to un-piss the bed.

Even if the marriage was restored, that train (the story, continuity, and Marvel's integrity) already went off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by Botch the Crab View Post
    It's not really possible to un-piss the bed.

Even if the marriage was restored, that train (the story, continuity, and Marvel's integrity) already went off the rails.
    True, but having Peter telling Mephisto to #### off and stuff his deal would go some ways.

Yes.

As long as OMD is in effect, MJ will always be the elephant in the room. Fans will never accept seeing her or Peter end up with someone else, and killing her off would completely defeat the purpose of OMD.

Peter being married and eventually starting a family felt like a natural progression of the character. Everything that happened instead has been a hot mess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    With 481 votes in favor of restoring the marriage, and 47 - only 8.9% of the vote - against reversing One More Day, it's fair to say that support for One More Day and/or opposition to the marriage is a very small, but very vocal minority.
    On a CBR poll, sure.

The only vote that actually matters to Marvel is the one people make with their wallet. It's been over 8 years since One More Day, and Amazing Spider-Man is still one of their best selling titles.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

They should go back to the status quot right before OMD (in terms of the contours of Peter's life, not retcon any of the following stories). Peter wakes up one morning to find out that his wife is pregnant, his aunt is dying, and everyone knows his identity.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Mighty Member

Well that poll is one sided as all get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    On a CBR poll, sure.

The only vote that actually matters to Marvel is the one people make with their wallet. It's been over 8 years since One More Day, and Amazing Spider-Man is still one of their best selling titles.
    Wasn't Renew Your Vows a very successful title? I don't know the exact numbers...

I want OMD gone. You don't need to get them back together quickly or at all. I just want it gone.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.