Default Do we know what happened to the ultimate x-men characters after secret wars?

I have heard that several survivors of the ultimate universe made their way into the mainstream universe. Just curious?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

They didn't make their way into the mainstream universe.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Damn that sucks.

BANNED

Not much of a loss, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not much of a loss, really.
    Not much, but i did like a few of the ultimate versions ( Jean and kitty most notably) once Wood took over.

I was super bummed that they didn't make it. Wood created a lot of interesting characters during his run, but tbh if I got to make the call I would have rebooted the UU and basically used SW as a way to undo Ultimatum. I miss the original Ultimate X-Men line up.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

There's really no hint that any Ultimate characters aside from Miles, the Maker, and Ultimate Thor's hammer survived Secret Wars. That means every member of the X-men in Ultimate is likely dead. That shouldn't surprise anyone. Towards the end of Ultimate, X-men was the worst selling title by far. For a time, it was the worst selling book featuring X-men on the market. It had nothing to offer. Fans did not care for it and for good reason. I know it has its fans, but it was not a very well-crafted book. So many characters were OOC and so many stories were messy. There's really nothing about it that was worth saving. There are no characters that would really contribute anything to the mainline comics either. So the unceremonious death of Ultimate X-men shouldn't have surprised anyone. By all accounts, it was overdue, given how badly these comics had gotten over the past five years.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I just assumed Reed Richards has remade their earth as it was before Secret Wars.

I'm not a bit surprised that they didn't make it to mainstream universe. The whole Secret Wars was done to have a way to bring certain most popular elements from Ultimate Universe into the mainstream universe and most popular and well received elements from UU were Miles Morales as Spidey, Samuel L. Fury and Avengers as Ultimates working with SHIELD. And it's pretty easy to see that Marvel had already incorporated a Samuel L. Fury into 616 and they had also already reworked Avengers into different form closer to Ultimates from UU so really all that was left for them to do was to bring in Miles Morales as Spidey and take the Ultimates name since it is a pretty good team name.

When it comes to Ultimate X-Men they weren't really the most popular elements of the Ultimate Universe. I mean, sure they sold second best after Ultimate Spider-Man for a time but that was mainly because they were X-Men. It's not like Ultimate X-Men were THAT different from mainstream X-Men. Ultimate X-Men started to become vastly different only after Ultimatum but by that point the whole UU outside of Spidey had started to go down in popularity so the post-Ultimatum status quo never really took off for the X-Men. So not surprised that they didn't make it into regular universe. Especially when you remember that Marvel currently isn't interested in injecting any new life into X-Men since it could benefit their competitors in the movie business (their main business alongside merchandise these days)
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 06-19-2016 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I just assumed Reed Richards has remade their earth as it was before Secret Wars.
    Thats what I thought.

BANNED

In the Ultimate Universe, Colossus was gay and Iceman was straight

I wish they brought over Blob Jr., Wolverine Jr., their version of Teen Jean who I actually found likeable (and who actually and definitively chose Cyclops over Wolverine) , their versions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (wink wink nudge nudge), the black bird-of-prey guy, the green-haired plant guy.

Their Rogue has juggy powers maybe they resurrect the ultimate universe in some event, you know marvel has a thing for those.