Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It looks that with the 2nd arc we'll find out who this new Clark Kent is.

ACTION COMICS #963

Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Patrick Zircher, cover by Clay Mann, Seth Mann, variant cover by Gary Frank.
    "Who Is Clark Kent?" part 1! Look--down there on the ground! It's a guy, he's kinda ordinary...it's--Clark Kent?! As Metropolis recovers from the devastating attack of Doomsday, the mysterious figure claiming to be Clark Kent takes the spotlight to clear his name and prove once and for all that Clark Kent is not Superman!
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Sept. 14.

ACTION COMICS #964

Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Stephen Segovia, Art Thibert, cover by Clay Mann, variant cover by Gary Frank.
    "Who Is Clark Kent?" part 2! Superman comes face to face with Clark Kent, and he wants answers! But first the Man of Steel must protect his former alter ego. Clark Kent tells all in this shocking issue! And don't miss the return of a ghost from Smallville past...
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Sept. 28.

Really seems clark kent ... But if he not end up like superwoman boyfriend(reverse roles).. I have no interest in this character, my character back incomplete...

Superman is the best part of the character .

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It looks that with the 2nd arc we'll find out who this new Clark Kent is.

ACTION COMICS #963

Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Patrick Zircher, cover by Clay Mann, Seth Mann, variant cover by Gary Frank.
    "Who Is Clark Kent?" part 1! Look--down there on the ground! It's a guy, he's kinda ordinary...it's--Clark Kent?! As Metropolis recovers from the devastating attack of Doomsday, the mysterious figure claiming to be Clark Kent takes the spotlight to clear his name and prove once and for all that Clark Kent is not Superman!
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Sept. 14.

ACTION COMICS #964

Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Stephen Segovia, Art Thibert, cover by Clay Mann, variant cover by Gary Frank.
    "Who Is Clark Kent?" part 2! Superman comes face to face with Clark Kent, and he wants answers! But first the Man of Steel must protect his former alter ego. Clark Kent tells all in this shocking issue! And don't miss the return of a ghost from Smallville past...
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Sept. 28.

That's cool.

Glad Jurgens is tackling this question in a reasonable amount of time rather than stretch out the question of "Who is Clark Kent?" for a overly-extended amount of time. Yes. Let's it answered, and move on.

Well, nothing yet to dissuade me from my hoped theory that he's New 52 Clark, but only the "Clark" portion. That his essence has been scattered and will need to be reunited. Maybe he's not even powerless. Maybe its mental. I remember an episode of Lois and Clark where Superman stops a meteor from destroying the Earth but a fall back down to Earth gives him amnesia in the process, and since he can't remember being Superman he can't use any of his powers. Martha tries to teach him how he flew and whatnot, but he can't grasp it right away. Maybe its a similar situation here. He's split, in his head right now he's only Clark, so his body is reacting as a normal human being's.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-22-2016 at 03:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, nothing yet to dissuade me from my hoped theory that he's New 52 Clark, but only the "Clark" portion. That his essence has been scattered and will need to be reunited. Maybe he's not even powerless. Maybe its mental. I remember an episode of Lois and Clark where Superman stops a meteor from destroying the Earth but he loses his memory in the process, and since he can't remember being Superman he can't use any of his powers. Martha tries to teach him how he flew and whatnot, but he can't grasp it right away. Maybe its a similar situation here. He's split, in his head right now he's only Clark, so his body is reacting as a normal human being's.
    You and me my friend...I hope he really did get separated. Lois got his powers, Kenan got his powers and attitude and Clark is Clark...

BANNED

You know they are doing this pretty soon and quick,almost to quick.which imo means hemail WON'T be who we want him to be,and be a throwaway character in 6 months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Maybe it's Superboy Prime all grown up, and just bidding his time to strike...
    there is something sinister about this clark...

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    there is something sinister about this clark...
    In AC September solicitations seems otherwise..

I FALL... someone help me

It's like watching clark kent reach the maximum level of useless character, incredibly awkward and without powers.. I doubt he will suddenly become in a monster ..
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-24-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    I wish it was Kal-L, along with DC's apology for killing him and zombifying him.

Yeah, that apology is sorely needed. What they did to Kal-L is still the worst thing DC has done in the last decade.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    He recognizes jimmy and that he is clark kent so im hoping he really is clark kent,not a fake.

But which clark kent is it?

Btw would nuperman fans be ok with him coming back and permanently having the superman blue powers to contrast the 2 supermen?

Kal-l,golden age/earth 2/pre crisis superman would be nice to see any of these guys back.

Howabout having a JL superman with wonder woman,and a JSA superman with lois and jon?

Remember Supreme over at Image?,he had the Supremium or whatever jt was called.had all the past versions of Supreme there after every revison.could qe get something similar to this for the real deal superman at DC?

Maybe instead of mulitple past revision versions of superman,we can have just 1,with all the memories and knowledge of every revision.maybe superman could be the only being who can remember before the revisions and that will make him all at once.
    I only want Kal-L in the JSA, and because of his 1938 roots, it is the only option that makes sense.

I would have 2 Justice Leagues, one with Superdad and a the other with Nuperman, perhaps something like a JL Task Force.

If they wanted to have Nuperman take the lead again, but wanted a JSA flavor, then put Superdad on JL team that resembles the JSA in analogues (Simon Baz [Alan Scott], Katar Hol [Carter Hall], Stargirl, Supergirl [Kara Zor-L], maybe Green Arrow)

It's hard to say after a few issues, but I get the distinct impression that this new Clark Kent is another step in DC's efforts to regress Superman even further. They exposed his identity and now, low and behold, they have a convenient way to completely undo it so that they can go back to the way things were. They've already undone five years of development with Superman by bringing Superdad into the mix to replace him. Now this new Clark seems to be their way of basically undoing the big reveal about his identity, effectively putting the genie back in the box. Personally, I think that's a mistake. Superman has had a secret identity for decades. DC had a chance to at least try and have him function without one. Now it seems they're just not willing to try that hard.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I have a theory I'm trying to build that would say New 52 Superman is essentially Earth-Two Superman and Superdad is Earth-One Superman, and that Earth-0 is and always has been a constantly reshaped Earth-Two, and that after the events of Convergence, Earth-One was restored as well and is hidden somewhere. And the end of the Rebirth initiatve will see those original two worlds as they currently exist as the backbone of the DCU once again as they were pre-Crisis.
    That sounds like an interesting theory. It would be interesting if it were the case with Earth1 and Earth2 in session. I also think that whatever is going on, won't be figured out for a while, because that is just how it works.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 06-24-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    It's hard to say after a few issues, but I get the distinct impression that this new Clark Kent is another step in DC's efforts to regress Superman even further. They exposed his identity and now, low and behold, they have a convenient way to completely undo it so that they can go back to the way things were. They've already undone five years of development with Superman by bringing Superdad into the mix to replace him. Now this new Clark seems to be their way of basically undoing the big reveal about his identity, effectively putting the genie back in the box. Personally, I think that's a mistake. Superman has had a secret identity for decades. DC had a chance to at least try and have him function without one. Now it seems they're just not willing to try that hard.
    As John Byrne was told once, there are two supermen. The one DC publishes and the one Warners sells. We all know which one will always trump the other,as the priority is always going to be the one they merchandise. The one they merchandise has a secret identity and is a newspaper reporter. Thus, while the comics can play around with the status quo for a time, ultimately, it will go back to the default. It just is the way it is, for good and bad.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Okay, I think this Clark Kent is...exactly who he says he is. And no, he's not a clone, or time-displaced Superman without powers, or a reincarnated New 52 Superman. He and "Superdad" are both Superman. Just as I think "Superdad" and New 52 Superman were both Superman.

How is that possible, you might ask? Well, we know from DC Universe Rebirth #1 that the New 52 Earth isn't really a separate Earth from Post-Crisis Earth; it's really the Post-Crisis Earth in which everyone was de-aged by 10 years with all their memories altered. But of course, this raises the question that if Superdad and MamaLois are the Post-Crisis Superman and Lois Lane, how can there be younger versions of Superman and Lois?

Well, that goes back to what Mr. Oz told Superdad in DCU Rebirth #1, that both Superdad and New 52 Supes are not what they thought they were. What I think he was hinting at is that Superdad and New 52 Supes were not alternate versions of each other from different universes, nor were they separate individuals--they were literally the same person. Remember, Dr. Manhattan (if that's who we believe is behind all this) has the ability to make copies of himself, each one acting on their own but who are not clones of one another. Basically, it's a form of bilocation in which Dr. Manhattan could literally be in multiple places at once. So if Dr. Manhattan can do this to himself, who's the say he couldn't do this to other people?

Hence, this could be why we had two Supermen and Lois Lanes, albeit at different ages. Same for this "Clark Kent," only one without powers or memories of being Superman. This could also explain why there are also three Jokers running around. And this could also explain why, when Superdad touched New 52 Superman's grave, he left behind a glowing hand imprint in Superman #1. Perhaps, with New 52 Superman being dead and turned to ash, Superdad was able to absorb what residual energy remained in his "other self."

This would also be DC's way of validating both Superdad and New 52 Superman, by saying they weren't different versions of Superman, they were both the same Superman albeit with a different set of experiences.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 06-24-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Uhhh..

I know about half the people on that cover. My guesses are Jimmy Olson, of course, Bruce and Dick, Kara, Lois and Clark, Perry White and Lana Lang. Not sure who the guy in green plaid is or the woman with white hair.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    That sounds like an interesting theory. It would be interesting if it were the case with Earth1 and Earth2 in session. I also think that whatever is going on, won't be figured out for a while, because that is just how it works.
    I've tried to go a little more in-depth with what I've got so far in the "divided Earths" thread in the general DC forum, if you want to check it out.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El