Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Walker's "Nighthawk" Battles for the Soul of Marvel's Chicago

David Walker opens up about the real world problems that inspired his series, and the new and familiar characters Nighthawk will work with and run afoul of.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    David Walker opens up about the real world problems that inspired his series, and the new and familiar characters Nighthawk will work with and run afoul of.

Full article here.
    Flipped through the first issue. Loved the art....but put it back on the shelf, the High top sneakers really prevent me from seeing Nighthawk as a serious vigilante no matter how many arms he breaks. And from the preview art it looks like this hasn't changed

Mighty Member

Good interview. I was content simply to read the book before, but now I want to see it succeed. This is some real Milestone stuff.

this books going to HAVE to get controversial to survive.

It can't take "make america great again" off shirts.

If it doens't make people mad, it will simply slide down the charts to hyperion levels.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Archer View Post
    Flipped through the first issue. Loved the art....but put it back on the shelf, the High top sneakers really prevent me from seeing Nighthawk as a serious vigilante no matter how many arms he breaks. And from the preview art it looks like this hasn't changed
    You loved the art? I thought it was terrible.

Never-mind, I'm not going to even start....
    Last edited by Ohnooze; 06-20-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Is there any particular reason that Nighthawk is wearing those sneakers because I don't recall him wearing them in the Squadron Supreme book and they're just, record suddenly stops upon noticing them levels of whiplash when it comes to his costume.

Mighty Member

Isn't it obvious? They're called sneakers. They increase his ability to sneak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Is there any particular reason that Nighthawk is wearing those sneakers because I don't recall him wearing them in the Squadron Supreme book and they're just, record suddenly stops upon noticing them levels of whiplash when it comes to his costume.
    the people who notice them usually end up dead.

Mighty Member

Chiraq's issue isn't police brutality... Hell Chiraq isn't even all of Chicago.

God, Chiago's not a city you should be trying to address.
    Last edited by ZephyrSurf; 06-20-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Chiraq's issue isn't police brutality... Hell Chiraq isn't even all of Chicago.

God, Chiago's not a city you should be trying to address.
    why do you say that?

Chiraq's issue isn't police brutality...
    Says who? The state and those that enforce their will, are just as much of an issue as the many others.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Archer View Post
    As opposed to calf high yellow boots?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Says who? The state and those that enforce their will, are just as much of an issue as the many others.
    Because Chiraq, as in South Side Chicago (which is the location wherein the name was dubbed.) is a part of the city known for its lack of Police involvement, not its overwhelming police brutality or consideration. Police Brutality may well be an issue in Chicago proper, but Chiraq is known for its lawlessness and lack of judicial process or oversight.

When people hear think or read about south side chicago it's not police overstepping their bounds. It's about city blocks and killers in a section of the city where police don't have a presence.

Trying to make a synonym between Chiraq and Chicago shows a lack of knowledge of what both of those things are.
    Last edited by ZephyrSurf; 06-20-2016 at 11:30 AM.

BANNED

I just saw this...talk about terrible.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...620-story.html

Because Chiraq, as in South Side Chicago (which is the location wherein the name was dubbed.) is a part of the city known for its lack of Police involvement, not its overwhelming police brutality or consideration. Police Brutality may well be an issue in Chicago proper, but Chiraq is known for its lawlessness and lack of judicial process or oversight.

When people hear think or read about south side chicago it's not police overstepping their bounds. It's about city blocks and killers in a section of the city where police don't have a presence.

Trying to make a synonym between Chiraq and Chicago shows a lack of knowledge of what both of those things are.
    Yeah, I know. And that's done on purpose, hence my point stands. Over-enforce on other ends to isolate the problem into a section that will be the hallmark of every "tough on crime" campaign. Screw the people living there.

Also doesn't change that what you said was wrong. Homan Square alone says you're wrong. And even through selective lack of involvement, the state is indeed complicit. Nevermind things like cutting and manipulating every major sector and law that could help, from education to housing related laws.

I think Nighthawk going after corrupt police, regular crooks, and crooked execs is exactly what's needed.
    Last edited by Double 0; 06-20-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson