Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Announces "Mosaic," Starring Diverse, Body-Jumping Antihero

Clearing up the cryptic teasers from the past few months, Marvel has unveiled "Mosaic," a new series starring an Inhuman anti-hero.

Full article here.

I'm down, sign me up
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I thought and had hoped that it would be Mosaic from the "not-Marvel" animated film, but I guess not.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Marvel Presents: Quantum Leap - the comic!

I know the premise is slightly different, but whenever I think body hopping, I think Sam Beckett.

Could be a really good story, could be cheap and exploitative. Definitely going to give it a try though.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

It will probably be a short run but I'll definitely buy it. Lot's of potential with a powerset like that. Interesting with all the hip hop comments, sounds like Marvel is really pushing to grow their fanbase in that subculture.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

If they wanted a possibly succesful Inhuman solo they should go with an already existent character. That's obviously gonna get cancelled soon.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

I know the premise is slightly different, but whenever I think body hopping, I think Sam Beckett.
    "Oh boy..."
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

Could be a really good story, could be cheap and exploitative. Definitely going to give it a try though.
    Looking at like that-you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If they wanted a possibly succesful Inhuman solo they should go with an already existent character. That's obviously gonna get cancelled soon.
    You say this like Karnak is heating up the charts
    We need better comics

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

So his power is sort of a riff on Jericho of the 80's Teen Titans??
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

6 issues.... No wait 7!

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    You say this like Karnak is heating up the charts
    And this book has a good writer like Warren Ellis.

I don´t really know why Marvel is insisting on pushing things really hard. Sometimes it would work and be a real good book (see Ms. Marvel) but normally this kind of things are not working specially when you considers how the market and sales are and works right now.

Fantastic Member

this has to be a joke there is no chance this makes it past 5 issues. People thought i was joking but from this marvel regime we can expect up to 10 inhuman titles in the new marvel now launch. this is bordering on insanity. I really dont know who making these decisons the comic people like axel joe and tom are way too smart to have greenlight this absolute nonsense. Honestly our store sells less that 0 copies of the moon girl book look at the sales , hell look at the abysmal sales of all inhuman books. every month theyre lower and lower At least karnak with ellis has an a list writer with an established semi intersting main character. Who is asking for this book. I tell you right now our store will be ordering ZERO copies of this book. how this can get greenlit when we still dont have a cable series a cyclops series hell even that dumb inhuman dog lockjaw would sell better than this. In my 30 years collecting marvel and my 10 plus years running a shop i have never been more disenchanted with marvel as a company. AFter the june number are offically released and ive seen some very early insider info remember the new marvel now launching in july was all approved back in jan expect some major major changes coming at marvel

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

SMH

Seriously, I have to wonder WHO is greenlighting Marvel's new "ongoing" books now?

The only interesting thing will be seeing what marketing ploy Marvel will come up with to get any pre-orders. It's Starbrand and Nightmask ... but worse ... all over again.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    So his power is sort of a riff on Jericho of the 80's Teen Titans??
    I don't read comics but I think Karma is more like Jericho and Mosaic is more like Deadman.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”