Trinity
    Batman by Ed Brubaker TPB v2
    Supergirl by PAD TPB v1
    Neil Gaiman's Midnight Days TPB

trade-waiting:
    Frostbite
    The Sheriff of Babylon
    Unfollow
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

DOOM PATROL #1
    SUPERGIRL #1
    NIGHTWING #4 and 5
    HELLBLAZER #2
    SUPERWOMAN #2
    FLINTSTONES #3
    FUTURE QUEST #5
    ART OPS #12
    SHERIFF OF BABYLON #10

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

Just DOOM PATROL for me.

Vertigo really needs to get it's act together, it's been a few years now since they've had much of interest to me. There's supposed to be a restructuring, so let's get at it...

Blue Beetle #1
    Cyborg: Rebirth #1
    Cyborg #1
    Supergirl #1
    Teen Titans: Rebirth #1
    Trinity #1
    Action Comics #963-964
    Aquaman #6-7
    Deathstroke #2-3
    Batman #6-7
    Detective Comics #940-941
    Nightwing #4-5
    The Flash #6-7
    Green Arrow #6-7
    Green Lanterns #6-7
    Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps #6-7
    Justice League #4-5
    Suicide Squad #2-3
    Superwoman #2
    Superman #6-7
    Titans #3
    Wonder Woman #6-7
    Suicide Squad Most Wanted: El Diablo/Boomerang #2

Maybe on Raven #1; I'll need to leaf through it in the shop first before committing to buying it.

Batman 6
    Tec 940
    Green Arrow 6-7
    Wonder Woman 6-7

Will decide on the Monster Man crossover in Batman / Nightwing / Tec, closer to fall. It could be a fun Monster story just in time for Halloween, or a forgetful "filler" story to allow the art teams catch up?

Quote Originally Posted by pogofan View Post
    Wow, I really dislike that "Supergirl" cover art.
    Curious, what don't you like about it? I kind of like it except the various faces look too similar and her new costume is a bit proper school uniform -ish.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Astonishing Member

Yay Bloodlines' conclusion!

And man I hope Ultra Woman identity isn't the obvious answer of Lana.

- Mail Subscribe (all but Batgirl are double ship): Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Superman, Wonder Woman
    - Trades: Batman by Brubaker
    - Trade Wait: All-Star Batman, Justice League, Trinity, Clean Room (6.8k w/ #6), Frostbite

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    LOL at Vertigo issues costing $4. Yeah, totally buying experimental series and stories for that much.
    Due to $4 price point I wait anything that interests me.

It's so awesome to see the Doom Patrol generate so much excitment!

Really hope Blue Beetle gets off to a great start. Mid tier heroes that don't have "Bat" or "Super" in their names haven't faired well in recent years. Despite not being a very good book the New 52 Blue Beetle debuted with terrible sales numbers and never recovered. If issue 1 sells well maybe this book will last a couple of years.

Really don't like the Superdad story. I'm not sure if it was intentional but having Batman and the people of this earth not fully trust Superman is way too close to Batman v. Superman.

All-New Member

People seem to get really upset when the trunks are brought up. It's almost guaranteed to elicit a strong emotional reaction.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely
    TEEN TITANS: REBIRTH #1 - Not a fan of Percy's GA, but this has Damian and Wally II and I figure there'll be crossovers between the Titans books and probs between this and Super Sons, so why not? If he DOES suck I don't see him staying as writer long; I like to think DC actually cares about the state of the Titans franchise now.
    TRINITY #1 - Not sure about Manapul's writing, but his art is always on point. Makes me wonder what Buccellato is up to, since I thought he was writing this. So why ISN'T Buccellato on Suicide Squad?!
    ALL-STAR BATMAN #2 - Gonna give it a go. Probs not going past 12 issues anyway.
    AQUAMAN #6
    AQUAMAN #7 - Hopefully the series is better than the Rebirth issue, because that was insanely boring.
    BATGIRL #3 - Like the art on the COVER, but as INTERIOR art... we'll see, I guess.
    BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY #2 - Helena's hood must be huge if it's doing that. Man, this cover really shows how all three look like they're in a different ongoing. Also, team in-fighting in the first arc? I mean, deepends how you write it, but... eeehhhh...
    BATMAN #6 - So... Gotham turns evil or Bruce accidentally kills him, I'm guessing?
    DETECTIVE COMICS #940 - Really, really dug the first issue. Not sure about Tynion going for ANOTHER large scale story, but it's good so far. Except Tynion always starts off strong; he just falters in the middle and last acts; he's the Bendis of DC. Still, hoping this run works out, because I like it so far and I like most of the cast. But... what's up with Bruce's cape?
    NIGHTWING #4 - Man, the owls have really, really outstayed their welcome. Hopefully this is the last we'll see of them for a while.
    BATMAN #7 - This sounds pointlessly dumb. And seriously a crossover ALREADY?! Guys, we're in the first month of Rebirth and you announce one THIS soon. One of the series is
    NIGHTWING #5 - Like, is this to tie-in to Halloween or something?
    DETECTIVE COMICS #941 - Seriously, this sounds like a random Battleworld story.
    THE FLASH #6 - Really enjoyed Flash: Afterbirth, so I'm in! But Godspeed's shtick... didn't Daniel West do the same thing? Can HE come back yet? I thought his design (when he was red) was at least cool, and it'd be nice to see his relationship with Wally II change now that Wally II is Kid Flash.
    THE FLASH #7 - Well, if they don't want to give it, you bring Wally here and he steals it and kicks Godspeed's ass. The end, you win.
    GREEN LANTERNS #6 - Still mixed on this series, but I'm, enjoying it for SOME reason. I really hope there's more focus on Simon and Jess' home lives instead of MORE cosmic crisis bs. Just get Red Dawn over with and let them have Earth adventures!
    GREEN LANTERNS #7 - What? I mean... we, the readers, KNOW why. Will have to be written rpetty well to not be boring and Aquaman: Rebirth-esque.
    SUICIDE SQUAD #2
    SUICIDE SQUAD #3 - Upset that Buccellato doesn't get to write, but I'll give it an arc for Deadshot, Katana and Croc. Hope Williams doesn't undo all the work the New 52 put into making Croc likeable.
    TITANS #3 - Finally, Wally covers! Rebirth issue was good, so keep it coming, Abnett! Just, seriously, resolve the Wally-Linda stuff fast and well. And please no Wally/Linda/Lilith love triangle, because Lilith will be DESTROYED by the internet.
    WONDER WOMAN #6
    WONDER WOMAN #7
    SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED: EL DIABLO/BOOMERANG #2 - Woo! Another suicide Squad mini! Last one, so far, has been really fucking good!
    FROSTBITE #1 - I like all of Williamson's work, so why not?

Maybe
    DOOM PATROL #1 - Not a big fan of what I've read of Way's writing
    BATMAN BEYOND: REBIRTH #1 - I SWEAR it was confirmed to be Terry at the Rebirth panel, but not sure anymore. Hope it's still Terry; Tim can just go away.
    SUPERGIRL #1 - I'm avoiding the Super-books, but I might give it a go because of Orlando. But every time I look at that costume, I want to either cut her dress or boots shorter; you just DON'T wear thigh-high boots with a long skirt!
    DEATHSTROKE #3 - I like Priest, but Deathstroke is boring and Priest's style is hard to push through sometimes, and it needs a really good plot for me to want to do so.
    HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #4
    HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #5 - Not a big Hal fan, but he might mature (again) in this and just incase I need it to fully understand Green Lanterns. Oh, and in case of the inevitable crossover.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #4
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #5 - This series just doesn't seem... I dunno, relevant? Like, it's more JL stories, yay. But... I dunno.
    RAVEN #1 - Hey, the "random miniseries" thing is apparently working out for Dc, and this might be important to Raven's character in Teen Titans, so why not? Hopefully Wolfman doesn't overwrite anymore though.

Trades:
    BATMAN BY ED BRUBAKER VOL. 2 TP
    GRAYSON VOL. 4: A GHOST IN THE TOMB TP
    NIGHTWING VOL. 5: THE HUNT FOR ORACLE TP
    SUPERGIRL BOOK ONE TP - Heard really good things about this. Might give it a go, even though things obviously don't end well for Linda.
    NEIL GAIMAN’S MIDNIGHT DAYS TP
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Ugh, DC keep trying to make Cyborg happen and it annoys me. So many better characters who have supported their own ongoings before don't get anything,. but Cyborg does. Because Leaguer.

Ultrawoman is Matrix and/or Linda Danvers! Called it ages ago and it'd be a nice **** you from DC! Also, timing of Linda's first trade.

Is.. is that Harper on the Gotham Academy cover? I mean... it IS a good fit for her, so hopefully she stays there and the writers pull a Peter David and make an otherwise crap character interesting.

I love Teen Titans #24's solicitation -- OBVIOUSLY they don't stay the Teen Titans... Unless Tim, Cassie, Power Girl and Bunker just took a vacation! And we know DAMIAN starts up the Teen Titans again, so... huh. Just let it die. This era was complete garbage!

DC REBIRTH OMNIBUS HC - Called it. I hope DC Universe: Rebirth is still collected in both volume 1 of The Flash as well as volume 1 of Titans; both would kinda be hard to make sense of without it, ESPECIALLY Titans.

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED VOL. 2: THE INFINITUS SAGA TP - Um... this is really, really late, right? Even factoring in that it got a hardcover? So is THIS the Legion we're getting?

Is Yanick Paquette just a cover artist now? I don't think her covers are even that good; her greatest strength is her layouts and emotive faces and poses, so I hope she gets work on an ongoing soon. Unless she's just doing Wonder Woman: Earth One vol. 2?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Solid September. Only wish that we had a different writer for JL. Also I thought Emanuela Lupacchino was the main artist for Supergirl?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.