Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Solid September. Only wish that we had a different writer for JL. Also I thought Emanuela Lupacchino was the main artist for Supergirl?
    That was in the last arc of her New 52 series
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I feel like it's a bit of a warning sign that Batman couldn't even reach 6 issues without bringing in an extra artist.

Glad that Supergirl by Peter David has been resolicited, was really annoyed when I preordered it last month to discover it had been cancelled.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    I feel like it's a bit of a warning sign that Batman couldn't even reach 6 issues without bringing in an extra artist.

Glad that Supergirl by Peter David has been resolicited, was really annoyed when I preordered it last month to discover it had been cancelled.
    Probably was always gonna be like this. ivan Reis isn't a fill in artist, this had to have been planned well in advance.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Probably was always gonna be like this. ivan Reis isn't a fill in artist, this had to have been planned well in advance.
    Yeah, David Finch, for all the crap I can put on his art, tends to be able to get stuff out on time
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

It's not a warning sign of any sort. Its because the Bat crossover is happening in issue #7 and it has a completely different creative team from the titles involved in it. It was set up that way intentionally as a part of the twice monthly set up to give the writers and particularly the artists extra time.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BATMAN BEYOND ... FOR TERRY
    TEEN TITANS REBIRTH THE NEW TEAM
    ALL STAR BATMAN
    AQUAMAN - DAMN SUPERDAD, POOR AQUAMAN
    DEATHSTROKE - ROSE? NO..
    BATMAN - YOU LOST, HEROES.. BATMAN IS GOD
    DETECTIVE COMICS - POOR STEPH.. ALTHOUGH I DOUBT SHE HAS THE FAULT.. MAYBE SHE IS MORE SENSITIVE THAN THE OTHERS..
    NIGHTWING - Each organization that Dick enters, he find someone who wants to betray that organization
    NIGHT MONSTERS MEN-- Good luck here.
    BOTH GREEN LANTERNS - This guardian is finally in earth? SINESTRO PARALLAX.
    RED HOOD OUTLAWS - Artemis: answer my questions or I break your helmet.
    SUPERWOMAN -- WOOW.. INCREIBLE COVER..
    GOTHAM ACADEMY - BAD INFLUENCES.. MAPS HELP OLIVE
    RAVEN
    EARTH 2 SOCIETY

MAYBE..

SUICIDE SQUAD

NEW SUPERMAN
    FLASH.. NOW. I can not avoid the hatred of people felt by flash for the flashpoint.
    CYBORG
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-21-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

SUPERGIRL #1
    DEATHSTROKE #2
    DEATHSTROKE #3
    THE FLASH #6
    THE FLASH #7
    GREEN ARROW #6
    GREEN ARROW #7
    HARLEY QUINN #3
    HARLEY QUINN #4
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #4
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #5
    SUICIDE SQUAD #2
    SUICIDE SQUAD #3

SCOOBY APOCALYPSE #5
    SCOOBY-DOO #73
    SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP #18

Plenty of other good looking books, but I don't want to get overwhelmed. I'm going to give Deathstroke and Suicide Squad a try, but if they don't appeal to me I will have to take a closer look, see how these books are turning out.

Definites:

ALL-STAR BATMAN #2
    BATMAN #6
    BATMAN #7
    DEATHSTROKE #2
    DEATHSTROKE #3
    DETECTIVE COMICS #940
    DETECTIVE COMICS #941
    GREEN ARROW #6
    GREEN ARROW #7
    HARLEY QUINN #3
    HARLEY QUINN #4
    HARLEY QUINN AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS #6
    NIGHTWING #4
    NIGHTWING #5
    TITANS #3

Maybes:

SUICIDE SQUAD #2
    SUICIDE SQUAD #3
    SUPERWOMAN #2
    TEEN TITANS: REBIRTH #1

Commentary:

Looking forward to the Bat-Book x-over since I don't have to buy any additional issues. Plus, Bruce, Dick and Kate together sounds awesome as they are my faves of the BatFam.

I hope Priest's Deathstroke is as cool as I'm hoping it will be.He's always been one of my favorite writers.

Green Arrow sounds great.Really. My most anticipated book after......

Titans. Hopefully BumbleBee will be the only addition to the roster for awhile. I'd really like to see the core team have quite a few issues to work together before they start messing with the roster.

More Linsner Harley is awesome plus the last of my pre-rebirth titles comes out. I haven't been all that excited about that mini so I'm glad that it will be over.

Suicide Squad may only last on my list for only as long as Jim Lee does. Now that the Titans are back, I don't really need two teams to follow plus I only buy it because of Harley and I am getting plenty of her in her own books. We'll see depends on.....

Teen Titans Rebirth. Gonna check this out. I like Damien and the old NTT crew so I'll give this a shot.

Superwoman. I would like to buy a Super-Book regularly and since this one has the best art, It's the one I'm going with. Plus, she looks pretty cool. Would rather have a Power Girl book though.

"Artists constantly changing is completely taking me out of Rebirth. I am not going to follow series which are going to have different artists all the time." - Agreed! The idea of having two or three artists on a series already had me on the fence, but has anyone noticed just how many FILL-IN artists are on titles this month?! On top of the usual two or three "regular" artists? I mean, wasn't that the entire point of having multiple regular artists on a single title? Totally killing Rebirth for me, I'm about to drop them all.

I almost think a better way of doing things might be how Wonder Woman appears to be heading. Have two artists, and two different storylines going on within the book. That way you can follow one storyline with one artist, and another storyline with the second artist, trades don't look like a mess when they're compiled, and it's almost like you're getting two titles featuring the same character, within one book! Just my thoughts on this whole multiple artists mess...

BANNED

Having different artists on different issues doesn't particularly bother me. The art is there to tell the story. Unless it's really really bad, it doesn't really matter to me.

Different artists on the same issue bothers me. Different artists on different issues doesn't particularly bother me either. Unless, as you say, the fill in artist is really bad.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanaaron View Post
    "Artists constantly changing is completely taking me out of Rebirth. I am not going to follow series which are going to have different artists all the time." - Agreed! The idea of having two or three artists on a series already had me on the fence, but has anyone noticed just how many FILL-IN artists are on titles this month?! On top of the usual two or three "regular" artists? I mean, wasn't that the entire point of having multiple regular artists on a single title? Totally killing Rebirth for me, I'm about to drop them all.

I almost think a better way of doing things might be how Wonder Woman appears to be heading. Have two artists, and two different storylines going on within the book. That way you can follow one storyline with one artist, and another storyline with the second artist, trades don't look like a mess when they're compiled, and it's almost like you're getting two titles featuring the same character, within one book! Just my thoughts on this whole multiple artists mess...
    But that is how things ARE set up. One artist doing one storyline and then another artist comes in for the next one with a break between them so that artists have time to get ahead on their work. All that's different here is how each book's creative teams has decided to go about setting that up. Wonder Woman's creative teams opted for telling concurrent stories; one set in the past and on in the present. Other books decided to do it by story arcs rather then to have two different stories running at the same time. Neither set up bothers me particularly because we are still going to have one artist per story arc regardless of the specifics of the the set up.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    It's not a warning sign of any sort. Its because the Bat crossover is happening in issue #7 and it has a completely different creative team from the titles involved in it. It was set up that way intentionally as a part of the twice monthly set up to give the writers and particularly the artists extra time.
    That has nothing to do with it. How does a 3-part Batman crossover with a completely different artist on #7 have anything to do with neither Janin or Finch being the artist on #6?

I'm not saying they couldn't keep up or whatever, I'm sure it was planned, just that (for me) it's a bit of a warning sign that the first 8 issues of the new Batman series would have had 4 different artists (assuming Janin is drawing the next full arc)
    Last edited by Austin316; 06-21-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Planning on buying for sure:

Raven #1
    Gotham Academy: Second Semester #1
    Trinity #1

Might buy:

Doom Patrol #1
    Blue Beetle #1
    Cyborg #1
    Supergirl #1
    Everafter: From the Pages of Fables #1
    Frostbite #1
    Vertigo SFX TP

Looking forward to the first issue of Raven the most out of all the DC comics releasing in September. Nice to see it's priced at 2.99 as well.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

That has nothing to do with it. How does a 3-part Batman crossover with a completely different artist on #7 have anything to do with neither Janin or Finch being the artist on #6?

I'm not saying they couldn't keep up or whatever, I'm sure it was planned, just that (for me) it's a bit of a warning sign that the first 8 issues of the new Batman series would have had 4 different artists (assuming Janin is drawing the next full arc)
    Does it matter as long as the art is good-great? If the artists is terrible sure, that's bad. So you get 4 top artists instead of 2. Unless the issue is more that you won't like the multiple approach when reading the collected edition.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com