Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wonder Woman september solicits

WONDER WOMAN #6

Written by GREG RUCKA

Art and cover by NICOLA SCOTT

Variant cover by FRANK CHO

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

“WONDER WOMAN YEAR ONE” part 3! Diana brings Steve back home, but the reception is not what either of them expected. Amid suspicion and a looming threat, the Patrons pay a visit, and new friendships are forged.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

WONDER WOMAN #7
    Written by GREG RUCKA

Art and cover by LIAM SHARP

Variant cover by TBD

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

“THE LIES” part 4! One god down—how many more to go? Diana takes another step closer to the truth, and Steve Trevor confronts his past!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

WONDER WOMAN ’77 SPECIAL #4
    Written by MARC ANDREYKO, AMY CHU, TRINA ROBBINS and AMANDA DEIBERT

Art by TOM DERENICK, DARIO BRIZUELA, TESS FOWLER and CHRISTIAN DUCE

Cover by CAT STAGGS

After narrowly escaping Wonder Woman (and the law) once before, Gault (actually his disembodied brain!) plots revenge…and seeks a new body to house his evil! Plus, “Worlds Collide” when a tape full of government secrets gets swapped for some excellent Super Funk! We peek at “The Man Behind the Curtain” when a dictator tries to fulfill his daughter’s final wish. And in “Seeing Stars,” Wonder Woman proves herself not a just the protector of Earth…but of the universe.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 21 • 80 pg, FC, $7.99 US RATED E • DIGITAL FIRST

That has to be the best cover of that month

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    That has to be the best cover of that month
    Can't beat that winning smile .

Though I guess if the cover is any indication, Diana ends up in jail after arriving in Man's World with Steve. What a way to make a first impression .

And it looks like part of Diana discovering the "truth" involves several encounters with the Gods, maybe re-establishing and redefining them for the DCU and Rucka's run.

https://twitter.com/NicolaScottArt/s...619777?lang=en

apparently, Hera (Peacock), Athena (Owl), Artemis (Deer), Aphrodite (Dove), Apollo (Mouse), Hermes (Hawk).

Mighty Member

nicola scott doesnt dissapoint

Amazing Member

LOVE that cover! (Though I can somehow expect to hear her singing "Whistle While You Work".) Without the jail bars this would make a phenomenal poster.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Can't wait to see how Rucka and Scott revamp the Gods...if they're even appearing in person and not just as animals. Seeing Zeus and Hera there will be interesting if she's still his daughter.

"New friendships are forged." Etta? Or Barbara?

"One God down." So multiple Gods are at work with screwing with Diana's head, or she at leas thinks there are? Urzkartaga must have been one of them, though that doesn't seem like something he's either capable of doing or wanting to do.

Intrigued by Steve's dirty secrets.

Incredible Member

Very cute cover

BANNED

This is so so pretty, Scott doesn't get the credit she deserves, everyone's talking about Sharp but for me Nicola Scott is by far the main attraction.

Nice cover there by Nicola Scott. I'll have to see the Cho variant before i make my judgement on which i prefer though.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    This is so so pretty, Scott doesn't get the credit she deserves, everyone's talking about Sharp but for me Nicola Scott is by far the main attraction.

I'm with you on this. Don't get me wrong, I think Sharp's art for the book is really good but Nicola Scott on a DC title is usually an instant sell for me. Nicola Scott on Wonder Woman is a dream come true as I love her rendition of the character.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Can't wait to see how Rucka and Scott revamp the Gods...if they're even appearing in person and not just as animals. Seeing Zeus and Hera there will be interesting if she's still his daughter.

"New friendships are forged." Etta? Or Barbara?

"One God down." So multiple Gods are at work with screwing with Diana's head, or she at leas thinks there are? Urzkartaga must have been one of them, though that doesn't seem like something he's either capable of doing or wanting to do.
    I wonder if there's any link to Ostrander's seemingly forgotten Cheetah issue from Villain's Month. As I remember, according to that issue, Barbara Minerva was raised by a cult that worshipped a different version of Artemis (possibly the Roman Diana?) and saw the Amazons as her representatives on earth. Wonder Woman didn't recognize Barbara's version of the Amazons or their gods, almost like they came from a different reality; maybe this can be recast as an example of how "the story keeps changing" as a result of whatever manipulations Wonder Woman is finding out about.

This could remind me of War of the Gods a little bit, as the problems with the lasso and with "truth" remind me of Golden Perfect. I wonder if that's part of Rucka's intention--to echo various stories as a way of trying to bring the character's whole past more or less together?
    Last edited by Silvanus; 06-21-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    I wonder if there's any link to Ostrander's seemingly forgotten Cheetah issue from Villain's Month. As I remember, according to that issue, Barbara Minerva was raised by a cult that worshipped a different version of Artemis (possibly the Roman Diana?) and saw the Amazons as her representatives on earth.

This could remind me of War of the Gods a little bit, as the problems with the lasso and with "truth" remind me of Golden Perfect. I wonder if that's part of Rucka's intention--to echo various stories as a way of trying to bring the character's whole past more or less together?
    I kind of hope the Cult of Hippolyta is dropped. I was interested in it at the time, but it ultimately never went anywhere and it contributes to the trend of writers depicting Barbara as a generic psycho. I hope they keep her friendship with Diana and time with A.R.G.U.S, but otherwise return her to the way Perez wrote her: British, aristocratic background, glory seeking treasure hunter/adventurer, etc.

Your other idea about Rucka's intentions sounds cool though. I think making the Greek and Roman Gods separate beings didn't really work in the past, but that doesn't mean it can't work now.

action Comics 960 variant an W3 CHO

Beautiful covers. Exciting time to be a Wonderfan whether stories or art.