Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman" Movie Update: Affleck Has 'Highest of Standards' for Solo Film

On the set of "Justice League," Ben Affleck told reporters that a "Batman" solo film won't happen until he's completely satisfied with the script.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    On the set of "Justice League," Ben Affleck told reporters that a "Batman" solo film won't happen until he's completely satisfied with the script.

Full article here.

''Highest of standards'' and Ben Affleck in the same sentence just don't go well together....what a maroon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedibanner View Post
    ''Highest of standards'' and Ben Affleck in the same sentence just don't go well together....what a maroon!!!
    And this comment is based on what exactly? His Oscar winning movie "Argo"? His critically acclaimed movies "Gone, Baby Gone" and "The Town"? Ben Affleck written directed movies are the very definition of Highest of Standards. That Geoff Johns is co-writing the Batman movie increases the Highest of Standards even more.

Because Daredevil was garbage right? That must be why we should forever shame an actor, because they made a few bad movies 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    And this comment is based on what exactly? His Oscar winning movie "Argo"? His critically acclaimed movies "Gone, Baby Gone" and "The Town"? Ben Affleck written directed movies are the very definition of Highest of Standards. That Geoff Johns is co-writing the Batman movie increases the Highest of Standards even more.
    The Batfleck movie is going to be amazing.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Well, the list of all his shitty movies and acting is just too long to name but, when people name his ''DIRECTOR'' Oscar winning movie or well reviewed (not critically acclaimed) Gone baby Gone, it just shows how limited his positive career is. He tries to bring his best to the movies which I will admit but, his highest of standards just doesn't bring much hope of anything good...he's just a bad actor. Bringing in new blood into the DC movie producing and overseeing management is a good sign but still.

Blaming Ben Affleck for Daredevil is like blaming a pencil for a failed exam. Studio meddling by Fox was more to blame for that movie.

Well, the list of all his shitty movies and acting is just too long to name but, when people name his ''DIRECTOR'' Oscar winning movie or well reviewed (not critically acclaimed) Gone baby Gone, it just shows how limited his positive career is. He tries to bring his best to the movies which I will admit but, his highest of standards just doesn't bring much hope of anything good...he's just a bad actor. Bringing in new blood into the DC movie producing and overseeing management is a good sign but still.
    All that says is when he is in charge he produces an excellent product. He is charge of the Batman movie so based on his other work when he is is charge I expect it to be good. That he has been in a lot of bad movies says he likes to work. And he has been in good movies too. Movies that had a positive score on RT: School Ties. Dazed and Confused, Going All the Way, Chasing Amy, Good Will Hunting, Shakespeare in Love, Dogma, Boiler Room, Daddy and Them, Changing Lanes, Going Upriver: The Long War of John Kerry, Fahrenheit 9/11, Hollywoodland, Extract, State of Play, The Company Men. Just because he was in the awful Batman v Superman doesn't mean he is the blame for how it turned out. He did his best.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Venom View Post
    Blaming Ben Affleck for Daredevil is like blaming a pencil for a failed exam. Studio meddling by Fox was more to blame for that movie.
    and it's one of the reason why Marvel started doing it's own movies

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    and it's one of the reason why Marvel started doing it's own movies
    Some of Marvel's movies wish they were as good as BvS (Iron Man, Thor were the lowpoints for me)

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

No more Sad Affleck? Boo...
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Nvm. Misread post.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Like all actors Afflek has turnd in some stinkers, but hes won multiple Oscars because hes talented. Writing,Directing,and Acting. More so the first two but hes far from a bad actor. He can be bad or downright amazing. Not much middle ground with him though

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Some of Marvel's movies wish they were as good as BvS (Iron Man, Thor were the lowpoints for me)
    Im with people on defending afflek but did you just say Ironman is a low point? Not ironman 2 but Ironman? Which is fine were all entitled to our opinions but Ironman 1 was is usally regarded up there with The Dark Knight as one of the best comic movies ever made. Ironman 2 and then to a lesser extent 3 you would have more of a case for.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Im with people on defending afflek but did you just say Ironman is a low point? Not ironman 2 but Ironman? Which is fine were all entitled to our opinions but Ironman 1 was is usally regarded up there with The Dark Knight as one of the best comic movies ever made. Ironman 2 and then to a lesser extent 3 you would have more of a case for.
    Not even Jeff Bridges can save Iron Man for me I do not enjoy it. Tony is not a character I can root for and IM is structured a lot like Batman Begins, shortly after BB was released, a copy in many ways. I quite like IM II and IM III, I like Thor II not Thor. Maybe origins just bore me? The critics and fans are allowed to enjoy IM, though.

Incredible Member

You're so right dude, 2 Academy Awards, 2 BAFTAs, 3 Golden Globes, and 2 SAG awards, what a limited positive career he's had.