Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Justice League" Aims to Be 'More Inclusive,' Less Dark than "Batman v Superman"

Following the highly criticized "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," Zack Snyder and company aim for a comparatively brighter Justice League" film.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

Let's hope they get it right this time.

Fantastic Member

IGN has a nice writeup on it. Says that Ezra Miller's Flash may steal the show

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...e-movie?page=2

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Terrio said the something similar like a month before BvS too.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Following the highly criticized "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," Zack Snyder and company aim for a comparatively brighter Justice League" film.

Full article here.
    They think BvS was "deconstruction of the characters and that's what fans did not like? Wrong. It just wasn't very good (in my opinion).

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by eckesg1 View Post
    IGN has a nice writeup on it. Says that Ezra Miller's Flash may steal the show

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...e-movie?page=2
    Wonder if its gonna be similar to Fox QS....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

"I think the main thing we learned is that people don't like to see their heroes deconstructed," "Batman v Superman" and "Justice League" producer Deborah Snyder told reporters, including CBR News, during the press visit to the London set. "I think that’s hard, because it’s people we've grown up with and we care about. They like seeing them in all their glory."
    Oh is that what you were doing Deborah? Deconstructing them. Maybe people just don't like how you & Zach do it with these particular heroes.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I liked BVS but I am good with Justice League having a lighter tone. I mean if Justice League is going to be DC's Avengers and is going to try to get people & especially kids interested in DC's characters they kind of need it to have a lighter tone then BVS. And as long as we can still get a good movie out of it i'm game.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

"I think the main thing we learned is that people don't like to see their heroes deconstructed," "Batman v Superman" and "Justice League" producer Deborah Snyder told reporters, including CBR News, during the press visit to the London set. "I think that’s hard, because it’s people we've grown up with and we care about. They like seeing them in all their glory."

I hate when people say things like this. Basically if you didn't like Batman v. Superman it's because it was too deep for your simple sensibilities. Yeah no. We've seen other more successful superhero movies break down the character and show what it means to be a hero. Most people's problems with BvS was the horrible editing, choppy storytelling, and mischaracterization of Superman and Batman.

It sounds like the Ultimate Edition may give more detail to the character's motivation. I'm hoping that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Oh is that what you were doing Deborah? Deconstructing them. Maybe people just don't like how you & Zach do it with these particular heroes.
    Everytime they talk, I just want them to stop.

Just. Stop.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

Another interesting article. This time from Devin Faraci, who HATED BvS.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/...ice-league-set

Comes away feeling slightly optimistic

It's one thing to deconstruct a character in a meaningful way. It's another to rip them apart and then shoot Jimmy Olsen in the head. If you want to deconstruct a hero. Save it for the solo films. There is way too much going on in a team up film.

I don't really mind the comment. It's classic Hollywood code words. She knows people didn't like the first movie and is trying to ensure people this one will be different, but she's not exactly gonna admit "lol yeah the first one was garbage."

"it's always darkest before the light" seems to be the route they are going with the dc films.

start dark (MOS), go extra dark (BVS), and bring back the light (JUSTICE LEAGUE) with none other than the dark knight batman himself leading the charge.

YES!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Thank goodness this is just a summation statement and not a quote from anyone actually associated with the production. If they had said that this film would be comparatively brighter, that would have filled me with dread. It sounds like they DID learn a thing or three from the previous two films, and ARE attempting to course correct. I just am concerned that the base is already set, and that they won't be able to do enough. But we will see. I just hope they don't overcompensate and make it too much comedy as opposed to just character humor.