Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Of course they do. There is no room at Marvel/Disney for artistic deviation from the standard color palette. They use the same filters, the same colors, and use the same camera angles (WS is the outlier).

Not the greatest example, I know, but even the posters are the same (the films share the same red/blue/orange of the posters):
    Attachment 37229

Edit: How was MoS's color "unrealistic"? You can make the argument that Superman's costume wasn't light enough, but the camera filters gave a very realistic / real world color. Combined with shaky cam, it was almost like you were there. BvS, by contrast, had a very different filter set than MoS, giving everything an orangeish / blue steel look.
    You're right, using the posters as an example of how a movie looks is a terrible example. The posters for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman look like those too. All the blockbuster posters look like that now.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    You're right, using the posters as an example of how a movie looks is a terrible example. The posters for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman look like those too. All the blockbuster posters look like that now.
    Quick, since they all look so different in color: which movie is this? Any clue who directed it?

image.jpg

Better yet, not counting WS, let's see an example of how they look different. Got one?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

Quick, since they all look so different in color: which movie is this? Any clue who directed it?

image.jpg

Better yet, not counting WS, let's see an example of how they look different. Got one?
    Holy shit, you're right, they all look exactly the same, I mean just look at that extreme close-up of Iron Man's helmet HUD. The two Avengers movies by the same person don't even look the same...thankfully. The first two Iron Man movies aren't shot the same as the third, and those arent shot like any of the Captain America movies, neither Thor movie is shot the same, none of those look the same as Gardians of the Galaxy, or the Hulk movie. If you can't tell they shot in different manners, that's ok.

I don't know the looks of those go enough to say which is from what. I'd guess it's from the Avengers movie. The Iron Man one seems to light up his whole face, where the Avengers one seems to be going for more of a rim lighting thing.

image.jpg

Wait the inside of Ironmans helmet still looks the same movie to movie omg. Favrou was praised for that. Spiderman had a movie where two people are talking but you cant tell cause there mouth cant be seen moving. Favrou found a simple but great way around that and got praised for it at the time.

Incredible Member

Of course they do. There is no room at Marvel/Disney for artistic deviation from the standard color palette. They use the same filters, the same colors, and use the same camera angles (WS is the outlier).

Not the greatest example, I know, but even the posters are the same (the films share the same red/blue/orange of the posters):
    Attachment 37229

Edit: How was MoS's color "unrealistic"? You can make the argument that Superman's costume wasn't light enough, but the camera filters gave a very realistic / real world color. Combined with shaky cam, it was almost like you were there. BvS, by contrast, had a very different filter set than MoS, giving everything an orangeish / blue steel look.
    MoS color scheme was unrealistic because when I go outside the world isn't grey skies with muddy colors everywhere. Snyder uses a filter in all his films, especially 300 and Sucker Punch. Theres this usually a brown or grey filter he uses over everything. If there one thing that Marvel does right, its that its not afraid of color and avoids using so many filters.

this video is cool
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewHuerta View Post
    MoS color scheme was unrealistic because when I go outside the world isn't grey skies with muddy colors everywhere. Snyder uses a filter in all his films, especially 300 and Sucker Punch. Theres this usually a brown or grey filter he uses over everything. If there one thing that Marvel does right, its that its not afraid of color and avoids using so many filters.

this video is cool
    I would like to add that Superman Returns also used a similar type filter for it's movie. The lack of color in both wouldn't fix the complaints people had for either film. Why color is being brought up like it would change people's minds is beyond me.

There's nothing wrong with Marvel films having a dose of comedy but when other films are being compared based on the tone of the films that becomes an issue. That's what is being discussed.

People call MoS and BvS grim/dark because the tone and the lack of humour but those films arent grim/dark. The House of Sand and Fog is grim/dark. That's a depressing movie that leave you ... all depressed after seeing it.

At no point did i feel like that while watchimg MoS and BvS. In fact, while watching BvS all i felt was a buildup of excitement. The "real life" tone of those films shouldn't bring anyone down because they are still comic book films. There's still crazy crap happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Marvel films having a dose of comedy but when other films are being compared based on the tone of the films that becomes an issue. That's what is being discussed.

People call MoS and BvS grim/dark because the tone and the lack of humour but those films arent grim/dark. The House of Sand and Fog is grim/dark. That's a depressing movie that leave you ... all depressed after seeing it.

At no point did i feel like that while watchimg MoS and BvS. In fact, while watching BvS all i felt was a buildup of excitement. The "real life" tone of those films shouldn't bring anyone down because they are still comic book films. There's still crazy crap happening.
    Those Superman movies are dark. They're drab, humorless, self-serious, downer takes on god damn Superman. House of Sand and Fog isn't oppressive in its bleakness like these new Suoerman movies, they don't exists in depressing looking art house world like in Man of Steel; the characters in House of Sand and Fog also have some humanity, they aren't these sad depressing creatures that are all moody so you get how miserable all this goofy superhero action is. HoSaF is just far better at doing what it's doing than MoS & BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

Well maybe you didnt but by judging the reception and the main complaints a majority of peopel felt depressed after watching those two movies. Its not one thing though its everything. The grey filter, the depictions(Pa Kent is depressing AF), the storys that call for supes to get shit on at evey turn, batman whos super depressing and sad(Only one that actually fits though), mass destruciton, jimmy olsen being executed for no reason at all, and a story most people didnt care for. Most those things are fine, its all those things and then some at once thats the problem. Maybe dark isnt the right term, somber, joyless, stale, and humorless(they try humor but its bad except for Alfred he was funny)

Certain performances saved me from hating both movies. Jor-El and Zod were great in MoS, and Bats,Alfred,and WW in BvS.

this video is cool
    And also completely debunked as the work of someone who just liked screwing around with palettes, in quite the amateurish way to boot. New species of animals are discovered every week, but I suppose that people would have noticed purple zebras by now.

image.jpg

Gasp, he looks the same in all the movies. It's almost like they cast the same guy to play Iron Man in all of them. -__-
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well maybe you didnt but by judging the reception and the main complaints a majority of peopel felt depressed after watching those two movies. Its not one thing though its everything. The grey filter, the depictions(Pa Kent is depressing AF), the storys that call for supes to get shit on at evey turn, batman whos super depressing and sad(Only one that actually fits though), mass destruciton, jimmy olsen being executed for no reason at all, and a story most people didnt care for. Most those things are fine, its all those things and then some at once thats the problem. Maybe dark isnt the right term, somber, joyless, stale, and humorless(they try humor but its bad except for Alfred he was funny)

Certain performances saved me from hating both movies. Jor-El and Zod were great in MoS, and Bats,Alfred,and WW in BvS.
    Bolded part is key.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Gasp, he looks the same in all the movies. It's almost like they cast the same guy to play Iron Man in all of them. -__-
    The point is, people here said that Marvel movies do not look the same, and are not shot the same, thus leading me to believe they can tell who directed what. If they are stylistically different, shot differently, or different filters used, then it should be simple to deduce the movie in the picture.

The hilarious part is Marvel fanboys are incapable it seems, judging by this board, to admit their universe of choice has any flaws whatsoever, even something as little as all of the films looking the same. Remember, I said I enjoy the Marvel movies. I own every one of them except for Ant Man so far. But enjoying something doesn't mean you have to blindly love 100% of it. I enjoyed MoS & BvS immensely, but I agree each film has flaws.

But everyone can go ahead & continue to puff up Civil Pillow Fight as if it's the greatest CBM ever, when it's not even close to their own Winter Soldier. It's a shame the Russo's didn't stick with the Wally Pfister-esque cinematography.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

this video is cool
    It depends on where you live. In the Pacific Northwest, Seattle specifically, it looks like that all the time. Even when the sun is out. The scenes of Clark flying around the world for the first time were very colorful. The fight in Smallville was colorful. The truth of the matter is some parts of the world are "gray & drab" outside. If you didn't find the colors very good in certain scenes, maybe your TV needs adjusting.

Now, the colors in BvS WERE dark, and drab. Way too much on the filter scale. I can ignore it with the Batman stuff, but the daytime scenes are too dark. We're in agreement there.

And, not directed specifically at you, but gasp! I admitted a problem I have with a movie I enjoy! What a strange concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    And also completely debunked as the work of someone who just liked screwing around with palettes, in quite the amateurish way to boot. New species of animals are discovered every week, but I suppose that people would have noticed purple zebras by now.
    Deaf ears, friend. Deaf ears. DCEU is dead. Bury it. Only Marvel films are to be celebrated. Hail Hydra! I won't be returning to this thread. CBR is getting to be as bad as superherohype.

BANNED

The point is, people here said that Marvel movies do not look the same, and are not shot the same, thus leading me to believe they can tell who directed what. If they are stylistically different, shot differently, or different filters used, then it should be simple to deduce the movie in the picture.

The hilarious part is Marvel fanboys are incapable it seems, judging by this board, to admit their universe of choice has any flaws whatsoever, even something as little as all of the films looking the same. Remember, I said I enjoy the Marvel movies. I own every one of them except for Ant Man so far. But enjoying something doesn't mean you have to blindly love 100% of it. I enjoyed MoS & BvS immensely, but I agree each film has flaws.

But everyone can go ahead & continue to puff up Civil Pillow Fight as if it's the greatest CBM ever, when it's not even close to their own Winter Soldier. It's a shame the Russo's didn't stick with the Wally Pfister-esque cinematography.
    Like I said before, the two Avengers movies directed by the same person don't even look the same. The two Thor movies don't even like of look the same, both in the color grading and the shooting style. Iron Man 3 doesn't look like the two before it. Saying these things don't make anyone a fanboy.

Civil War is better than Winter Soldier. Winter Soldier is a mess, it's boring, it does a terrible job of introducing its conflict, Emily VanCamp's is totally pointless and does nothing but add to the movies runtime, much of the CGI looks terrible, and the action sucks. Neither of those are the best comic book movies ever made either, few of the Marvel made movies are even in the running for that title; but that doesn't make Man of Steel and Batman v Superman suck any less.