Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Captain Marvel Is Shattered in New Marvel NOW! Teaser

Carol Danvers and a member of Deadpool's Mercs for Money are featured in Mike Deodato's art for Marvel Comics' upcoming initiative.

Full article here.

these seem so random, who the heck is that guy?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The last time we had this imagery (which reminds me of playing cards) was during AXIS, but I doubt this will be about inversions.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    these seem so random, who the heck is that guy?
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Harmon_(Earth-616)

BANNED

"Best new character of 1992, beating Carnage."

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Maybe the top half will represent the brigther and heroic side of post-CWII Marvel and the bottom half the darker and anti side.
    Still, why Slapstick?
    Everything Lives!

Mighty Member

The prospect of more Slapstick is interesting, although it's more likely that he's represent Deadpool and the Merc's for Money. Although, I have to ponder what led into the decision to use Slapstick over all the other C-listers on that team. What made him more appealing than Terror, Solo, or Stingray?

This makes me think Mosaic and Cap have nothing to do with each other. Seems they are just teasing the popular and more experimental sides of Marvel Now.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Spectacular Member

Yeesh...Marvel Now 2016 seems more like another excuse to renumber and cull most of ANAD titles that aren't selling, and less of a return to Marvel greatness that DC's Rebirth was for DC.

Seems like Marvel spends more time hyping the next relaunch than they do on the relaunched titles. At least we still have Civil War II to keep us occupied this summer lol

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Slapstick is an interesting choice to say the least.

I could understand them using Mosaic on the previous teaser because they want to push a brand new character, but Slapstick is hardly a character with a huge fan following.

I hope this isn't a sign that they're giving him a solo too because honestly it won't sell well, and I fear it will just be Marvel overstuffing the market again.

Yes to Deodato drawn teasers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    Slapstick is an interesting choice to say the least.

I could understand them using Mosaic on the previous teaser because they want to push a brand new character, but Slapstick is hardly a character with a huge fan following.

I hope this isn't a sign that they're giving him a solo too because honestly it won't sell well, and I fear it will just be Marvel overstuffing the market again.
    I think that putting out "risky" books and not always making creative decisions based on how well something will sell is a positive sign. Do these books last more than 6 issues? Probably not, but that's not the point, I think.

If how well a potential book will sell were Marvel's or DC's only concern, we would have Spider-Man and Batman books and little else.

Amazing Member

Always love Deodato's art style so nice pic but if Slapstick has anything to do with Captain Marvel I'll pass.... just leave him in Deadpool.