Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Future Remains Uncertain for a New "Marvel vs. Capcom" Game

According to Marvel Games' vice president, the answer as to whether a fourth installment of the fighting game is coming is a vague one.

Full article here.

Too bad. It Would have been great to see an update of the game, with many more playable Marvel characters in particular. There seems to be an imbalance in the power scale for the Capcom characters also.
    There should have been at least 20 more villains and 20 more heroes from Marvel.

Astonishing Member

It would been nice to atleast get a PS4 port of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. didnt the rules for making marvel games say they can released older games

Remasters &/or ports of older games can be re-released untouched (Ex: The Deadpool remaster for PS4 & XB1).

they can do the same for UMVC3 right? hell even MVC2 and collection of all the capcom marvel games

Hope they can work something out. Lot of interesting movie additions who could be added.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This game needs a sequel so Iron Fist and Phoenix Wright can stop sucking.

Spectacular Member

Not the worst of news. But I would like to see a 1 on 1 Marvel only made by Capcom.

I would love a marvel only one.

BANNED

Marvel vs Capcom games are my favorite games. Please make Marvel vs Capcom 4 happen.

I would still want Marvel Vs Capcom 4 even without Xmen,Fantastic Four,and Deadpool because I support Capcom Crossover Fighting Games plus there a lot Marvel characters they can use like Spiderman Villains and Ms Marvel Kamala Khan

BANNED

I would hope this Jay Ong guy knows what the future holds.

Too bad he isn't like the last guy, who let MvC3 slip a few years before any information was know about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TigerRavioli View Post
    I would still want Marvel Vs Capcom 4 even without Xmen,Fantastic Four,and Deadpool because I support Capcom Crossover Fighting Games plus there a lot Marvel characters they can use like Spiderman Villains and Ms Marvel Kamala Khan
    There's no way they wouldn't have any X-Men characters.

BANNED

I would love a Capcom only one. I have no idea why they never made that, since it requires no licenses.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    There's no way they wouldn't have any X-Men characters.
    At this point, there's no way there would be any X-Men characters. They have been noticeably absent in nearly every video game for the last few years - Marvel Avengers Alliance 2, Marvel: Future Fight, Avengers Academy, etc. No video game presence anywhere around the release of the Deadpool movie. No new mutant playable characters for Marvel 2016. I haven't heard anything definitive, but it's become quite obvious there is an unspoken directive against the X-Men in video games.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    At this point, there's no way there would be any X-Men characters. They have been noticeably absent in nearly every video game for the last few years - Marvel Avengers Alliance 2, Marvel: Future Fight, Avengers Academy, etc. No video game presence anywhere around the release of the Deadpool movie. No new mutant playable characters for Marvel 2016. I haven't heard anything definitive, but it's become quite obvious there is an unspoken directive against the X-Men in video games.
    If they made a Marvel vs Capcom 4, there would be X-Men. Capcom are the guys that fought Marvel to put characters like a Sentinel and Shuma-Gorath in the last game. And that Sentinel isn't even a comic book one, it's just one Capcom made up for Children of the Atom years ago. If it didn't have X-Men, it probably wouldn't even be called it Marvel vs Capcom 4.

Marvel Heroes has had X-Men added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    I would love a Capcom only one. I have no idea why they never made that, since it requires no licenses.
    Who fucking knows. I think maybe they think for some strange reason it wouldn't work with just Capcom characters. It doesn't make any sense. It's what should have happened instead of Capcom Fighting Evolution. There should have been at least on Darkstalkers/VS style Capcom fighting game by this point.

Seems weird there's never been a fighting game version of Project X Zone either.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    Beast will be playable in Marvel Heroes sometime soon.

Beast and Nightcrawler are being added to Contest of Champions, which has had no issues doing variant versions of the mutants in game, while occasionally adding new ones like Cyclops, Old Man Logan and X-23.

Sure, they're not everywhere in every game, but they certainly have a presence.