Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Rumor going around at NeoGaf that MvC4 will be announced at PSX next week
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319710
    REALLY hope this is true. I love MvC 3. I thought with the Disney purchase of Marvel, a sequel would never happen. But after Disney disbanded their games division, this suddenly seems more likely. I really hope it pans out. It would be a great addition to the PS4.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

If this is true they better not leave out the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    My guess would be it's true, seems like it's coming from too many people that have been right about this type of thing in the past. But I guess we'll know in five days.

Marvel would have to be fucking crazy if they think they can get away with not having any X-Men in a product the consumers have to pay for. People don't even like the X-Men being left out of the free iOS games, and they don't have to pay anything for play those. Given that Magik has become bigger in the last few years, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom wanted the girl with the giant sword in their fighting game. Deadpool getting even bigger since the last game I would think would mean at least some X-Men would be there. Wouldn't really be surprised if this had more X-Men than MvC3, then again it would need more characters overall for that to probably happen. But X-23 is Wolverine now, and she's going to be in a movie, (even if it isn't a MARVEL movie) so it would be kind of weird if she got left out after MVC3. Magneto and Wolverine Wolverine have to be there, they're still two of Marvels biggest characters; they're also popular staples of the games themselves. Deadpool has to be there. Maybe they'll want to put Cable and Negasonic Teenage Warhead in because of Deadpool; if Capcom gets that is another matter. Capcom will also want Storm and Sentinel, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sentinel didn't make it this time around. Phoenix has an interesting enough enough gimmick that it seems like it would be a shame if she wasn't there—although they could just do something similar with Akuma. They might also want Legion, (who has his own upcoming tv show [which Marvel Television is also involved with along with Fox]) when they find out he looks like Polnareff, and gameplay wise could be made to play like some crazy JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Hey, maybe they can have Emma Frost and Cyclops playing like a JoJo character? They won't, but that would be funny.

I would not expect an increased X-Men presence. If Marvel allows the X-Men in this then I imagine it won't be more than the amount of X-Men already in MVC3. Even discounting the stupid studio disputes, Marvel probably has a whole lot of now-popular characters who they'd want to put in because of the MCU. We already saw a trend with MVC3 where the X-Men had a greatly reduced number of slots compared to the previous games, which were made when the X-Men were still Marvel's biggest mass media franchise. Given how the scale has shifted even further in favor of Marvel's other heroes in the few years since 3, I imagine best case scenario for the X-Men would be having about the same number of characters.

If we're talking X-Men then the only shoe-ins I could see are Wolverine, Storm, Deadpool, maybe Cyclops, Jean and the Sentinel. Expect a big emphasis on the heroes of Phase 2 ans 3 as well as maybe some recent comic fan favorites like Ms. Marvel.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-27-2016 at 02:42 PM.

I would not expect an increased X-Men presence. If Marvel allows the X-Men in this then I imagine it won't be more than the amount of X-Men already in MVC3. Even discounting the stupid studio disputes, Marvel probably has a whole lot of now-popular characters who they'd want to put in because of the MCU. We already saw a trend with MVC3 where the X-Men had a greatly reduced number of slots compared to the previous games, which were made when the X-Men were still Marvel's biggest mass media franchise. Given how the scale has shifted even further in favor of Marvel's other heroes in the few years since 3, I imagine best case scenario for the X-Men would be having about the same number of characters.

If we're talking X-Men then the only shoe-ins I could see are Wolverine, Storm, Deadpool, maybe Cyclops, Jean and the Sentinel. Expect a big emphasis on the heroes of Phase 2 ans 3 as well as maybe some recent comic fan favorites like Ms. Marvel.
    Storm was less of a shoo-in in MvC3 than X-23, and she wasn't even Wolverine back then. Capcom had to argue her with Marvel like they did Sentinel.

I wouldn't expect much of anything when it comes to new characters. Maybe Ms. Marvel, but probably not when Super Skrull was a character in MvC3, and does everything she probably would, plus other things. After that, who are the other new characters they've come up with lately? Iron Man with a different person inside? I don't see two Iron Man characters, and if they do it'll be War Machine—who happens to be in the movies. Jane Foster Thor? Did she have any attacks during her run that set her apart from normal Thor? Would they need to rework Thor into a different character to make the two more distinct, and isn't the Jane Foster Thor thing already coming to an end? Sam Wilsom Captain America? That would seem boring. Teen Hulk? I don't know, it could maybe happen. I could see Capcom going for the guy that becomes the Hulk like some kind of Tokusatsu character. I could see Hiro Takachiho & Baymax being there, because of the Big Hero 6 movie that came a few years after MvC3; or Fredzilla, who could play like a character from Capcom's JoJo game with a Godzilla Stand—which would actually be pretty fucking cool now that I think about it. Hope Fredzilla is in there. Squirrel Girl isn't new, but I could see it happen.

I'd bet more on characters that have shown up in movies or tv getting in more than new comics characters. And if they're just someone you'd see in the comics they better have a pretty fucking cool design and power set. I'd wager you're more likely to see Howerd the Duck with a sword using quack-fu than some new comic character that might not even be around in a few more years.

There's probably going to be Black Panther this time around. Maybe Daredevil and Punisher. I'd be surprised if Loki wasn't there, but quite frankly I was surprised he wasn't in MvC3. Would also be surprised if Gamora wasn't there, but unless there's a bunch of alt costumes it's going to suck if her main look is one of her shitty modern Mass Effect or normal clothes costume; if they went new costume for her, I'd at least hope it the one from that cover for her upcoming series, since that one actually does look cool. Thanks returning seems like a sure thing. Arnim Zola and Ultron seem like maybes. Medusa will probably be there given the upcoming Inhumans show and Marvel still trying to make them a thing. Karnak seems pretty cool now, and the Marvel side could always uses a cool martal arts guy.

Would be nice if Captian America got a powered up Werewolf mode as a super.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Godzilla View Post
    Maybe Ms. Marvel, but probably not when Super Skrull was a character in MvC3, and does everything she probably would, plus other things.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Super-Skrull doesn't make a return. Plus Ms. Marvel has already been pretty popular and Marvel has obviously been pushing the character.

I doubt any of the Big Hero 6 will be there. Disney clearly doesn't like people drawing the association between between BH6 and Marvel.

I wouldn't be surprised if Super-Skrull doesn't make a return. Plus Ms. Marvel has already been pretty popular and Marvel has obviously been pushing the character.
    But does that mean shit? Being a popular comic book character in just the comic books doesn't mean the same thing today as it did in the '80s and '90s given the ever dwindling readership.

Unless Mr. Fantastic makes it in, I'd be a little surprised if he didn't make it. Especially with the recent revelation that Marvel can also use the Skrulls in their movies. Now they can't specifically use Super Skrull, but he isn't exactly a unique looking Skrull, and having eyes on a Skrull wouldn't be bad for Marvel. People also seemed to really like Super Skrull's whole personality and style in MVC3.

I doubt any of the Big Hero 6 will be there. Disney clearly doesn't like people drawing the association between between BH6 and Marvel.
    What makes you say that? Just because they didn't have Marvel in front of the cartoon? Did Disney put the kinosh on Marvel doing a Big Hero 6 comic in the last few years? I know Marvel hasn't taken advantage of there having been a big hit Big Hero 6 movie, but they've always been terrible at taking advantage of such things.

But does that mean shit?
    Given that Marvel has a say in who gets chosen and who doesn't? Yes. In fact when trying to boost a fan favorite's popularity, putting them in other media is something Marvel is extremely fond of doing. And with Super-Skrull being off limits to the MCU that makes it even easier for them decision wise.

What makes you say that? Just because they didn't have Marvel in front of the cartoon? Did Disney put the kinosh on Marvel doing a Big Hero 6 comic in the last few years? I know Marvel hasn't taken advantage of there having been a big hit Big Hero 6 movie, but they've always been terrible at taking advantage of such things.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/...er-big-hero-6/

BANNED

I want Marvel vs Capcom 4 concept to be the same as UMVC3. They can remove like 2-4 marvel characters and 2-4 capcom characters, of course they should be the less popular ones and add an additional 10 new marvel characters and 10 new capcom characters.

Also 10 more new stages, at least 2 new costumes for each character.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

One of the rumor sources says there will be no X-MEN on the roster. I know a lot of MvC heads who will be pissed if the game doesn't get Magneto, Storm and Sentinel.

Given that Marvel has a say in who gets chosen and who doesn't? Yes. In fact when trying to boost a fan favorite's popularity, putting them in other media is something Marvel is extremely fond of doing. And with Super-Skrull being off limits to the MCU that makes it even easier for them decision wise.
    But fan favorite characters mean jack shit if they're just showing up in the comics. Ms. Marvel isn't a fan favorite on the same level as characters in the movies because people just aren't reading comics anymore. Unless that fan favorite has a power set that could make for interesting gameplay and an really cool design, I wouldn't count on Capcom jumping at them. My guess would be we're going to see a lot of characters from movies that weren't there in MVC. Or characters that we're hearing news of movies or shows.

Not being able to use Super-Skrull wouldn't matter. He still looks like all the other Skrulls, if Marvel wanted eyes on the Skrulls before they use them, a good way of doing that would be to have a Skrull character in the game.

That article is terrible. It's basically a whole article saying: Hey, I heard Marvel and Disney were fighting and I also heard they weren't; I heard they aren't doing this because of this reason, but I also heard it's because of this.

The whole thing is also seemingly about Marvel publishing direct movie tie-in stuff for Big Hero 6, which are whole different versions of the characters. A game also wouldn't be publishing comics, and the characters would be different from the cartoon.
    Last edited by Darth Godzilla; 11-28-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The only reason why Super Skrull made into MvC3 is because Capcom couldn't make the FF work as individual characters and Marvel suggested him as a workaround. He wasn't a popular character during the game's lifespan so I don't know his chances for the new game. I want him back as he's one of the few cosmic reps on the roster.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The only reason why Super Skrull made into MvC3 is because Capcom couldn't make the FF work as individual characters and Marvel suggested him as a workaround. He wasn't a popular character during the game's lifespan so I don't know his chances for the new game. I want him back as he's one of the few cosmic reps on the roster.

It was actually because Marvel said "All or none" for the F4, so Capcom decided to go with Skrull as a compromise since he had all of their powers rather than using four spots for the F4. Human Torch was originally in, but was removed and the majority of his moveset went to Skrull which is why most of his moves involve Human Torch's powers.

But fan favorite characters mean jack shit if they're just showing up in the comics.
    She isn't. She's in the cartoon show and a bunch of the mobile games. And even if she weren't, like I just said, Marvel continuing to raise the character's profile by putting her in a popular video game series is the exact thing they were already doing with previously-unknown characters like Hawkeye and Doctor Strange in MVC3, which was out before The Avengers movie or the Strange flick.

Not being able to use Super-Skrull wouldn't matter.
    Sure it would. If they were to seriously downplay someone as popular as Wolverine or Doom because of movie rights, a relative also-ran like Super Skrull has no chance of escaping Marvel's wrath. Particularly when they aren't even using the Skrulls in the movies anyway.

That article is terrible. It's basically a whole article saying: Hey, I heard Marvel and Disney were fighting and I also heard they weren't; I heard they aren't doing this because of this reason, but I also heard it's because of this.
    And yet the comic versions of the BH6 have continued to be completely MIA like the article said.

She isn't. She's in the cartoon show and a bunch of the mobile games. And even if she weren't, like I just said, Marvel continuing to raise the character's profile by putting her in a popular video game series is the exact thing they were already doing with previously-unknown characters like Hawkeye and Doctor Strange in MVC3, which was out before The Avengers movie or the Strange flick.
    Forgetting that neither Dr. Strange or Hawkeye were unknowns, Hawkeye was already in Thor and it was already known he'd be one of the Avengers in The Avengers movie when he showed up in UMVC3. We'd also known the Dr. Strange movie that just came out this years was coming since before MvC3 came out. Those two showing up in the game isn't like Ms. Marvel showing up.

Hawkeye was also one of the main characters on that The Avengers cartoon, which had been on for like a year before he was in the game.

Would probably be more likely Devil Dinosaur would show up. Isn't he actually a regular in a cartoon, and isn't that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur also still going on and seemingly popular too? Could see Spider-Gwen with Spider-Ham happening more than Ms. Marvel. See way more talk outside comic book people with her than with Ms. Marvel.

Sure it would. If they were to seriously downplay someone as popular as Wolverine or Doom because of movie rights, a relative also-ran like Super Skrull has no chance of escaping Marvel's wrath. Particularly when they aren't even using the Skrulls in the movies anyway.
    Not really. The Skrulls and Super Skrull look exactly the same. It's not even kind of like Wolverine and Doom, because Marvel can't use a group that happens to look exactly like Doom in the movies but not Doom specifically.

They're going to use the Skrulls. They wouldn't have come out talking about it if they aren't going to use them. They'll probably be in Captain Marvel.

And yet the comic versions of the BH6 have continued to be completely MIA like the article said.
    Well than I guess it would be the first time ever Marvel did stupid shit that makes no sense at all. For all we know Marvel may think it pointless as their versions of the characters and the world they're in is completely different from the movies.