Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    lol slashing so fast you can't see it but please ignore the lasers!

lol Ken and Ryu are so different. One has a fireball that goes a few frames slower than the others while the other has an uppercut that does more damage then the others and has FIRE!!!

the creativity!!! lol I'm done here. you aren't even trying anymore and are just contradicting your own points.

lol because Iron fist = Bruce Lee?!? and Shang Chi = Bruce Lee?!
    I haven't said one thing that contradicted anything I said.

Those are not lasers in that video you posted. I know, it's very confusing when the character with claws has slash marks show up around him, not like he doesn't make slash marks will all the claw special moves don't leave slash marks.

In the Vs games they are totally different. The fireballs are different sizes, speeds, and Ken's only travels for half the screen. Ken's hurricane kick move doesn't act anything at all like Ryu's as well. Ken also isn't in MvC3, even with them being made more different in the vs series, they're still enough alike where Capcom didn't put them both in.

Yes, both Iron Fist and Shang Chi are Bruce Lee characters, I'm sure this is a shocking revelation to none but you. Iron Fist in MvC3 has the move set of a Bruce Lee character.

You're done? Thank god.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    But Fantomex isn't really a fan favorite, and he's just a gun guy like Deadpool...only because he doesn't break the fourth wall he can't have a move where he does something pull the lifebar down and hit someone with it. He's a completely pointless character to have there.

They were better because they have a more eclectic group of characters with a wider variety of gameplay opportunities. It seems like you just picked 50 characters without much thought of how they would play, or if they would play somewhat like other characters you've got there.

You're also just missing a whole lot of popular Marvel characters there.
    Because it's an Avengers vs X-Men game and based on a specific (if more recent) era of Marvel! That's why there's no Guardians or Inhumans or Fantastic Four outside Thing (who was a New Avenger at the time). I picked that roster because they're all interesting characters who I'd like to play as, and I'm certain that they would all play well, whether they're Psylocke or Kitty Pryde or Valkyrie or whoever else. As for Fantomex he's clearly different enough in the comics that he could play differently if a developer worked on him, or will Superman and Supergirl play exactly the same in Injustice 2? Or do Wolverine and X-23 in UMVC3?

As I said before, character selection in a fighting game for Marvel would probably have to be specific to a certain team or two if we got one because of how many are known.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Injustice outselling MvC is irrelevant as the game was still successful at the end of day. MvC3 is still being played while Injustice died as soon as MKX hit. LOL at Capcom having less marketable characters. Ryu is the face of Street Fighter and defecto Capcom mascot in general these days. He's one the most recognizable characters they have and he's just a guy in a gi. Resident Evil series is insanely popular with RE5 and RE6 being the best selling games in the company's history with over 6 million copies sold each. There other IPs like Devil May Cry are huge on the popularity department. You are heavily underestimating the value of Capcom IP especially towards the general gaming audience.
    Mortal Kombat is incredibly popular too, but that didn't stop NR from eventually doing a solo DC game (and second one on the way) with DC after their crossover game. If we do get another MVC that's fine I guess but personally I don't care about any regular Capcom games, so I'd rather we'd get a solo Marvel fighting game with some quality.

Fantastic Member

If we got an all Marvel fighter this would be my roster

1-25. The 25 Marvel characters in UMVC3
    26. Green Goblin
    27. Loki
    28. Thanos
    29. Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel
    30. Black Panther
    31. Moon Knight
    32. Juggernaut
    33. Psylocke
    34. Cyclops
    35. Iceman
    36. Nightcrawler
    37. Mr Fantastic
    38. Invisible Woman
    39. Human Torch
    40. Thing
    41. Daredevil
    42. Punisher
    43. Ultron
    44. Scarlet Witch
    45. Quicksilver
    46. Star-Lord
    47. Groot
    48. Black Widow
    49. Songbird
    50. Medusa

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post

26. Green Goblin
    27. Loki
    28. Thanos
    30. Black Panther
    31. Moon Knight
    32. Juggernaut
    33. Psylocke
    34. Cyclops
    35. Iceman
    36. Nightcrawler
    37. Mr Fantastic
    38. Invisible Woman
    39. Human Torch
    40. Thing
    41. Daredevil
    42. Punisher
    43. Ultron
    44. Scarlet Witch
    45. Quicksilver
    46. Star-Lord
    47. Groot
    48. Black Widow
    49. Songbird
    50. Medusa
    That's a great roster minus some of the 25 characters that are already in MvC (but if it meant having more characters and just porting them over then fine (I.E. Shuma, Sentinal) Marvel would want some of it's newr faces in the game too

26. Green Goblin
    27. Loki
    28. Thanos
    30. Black Panther
    31. Moon Knight
    32. Juggernaut
    33. Psylocke
    34. Cyclops
    35. Iceman
    36. Nightcrawler
    37. Mr Fantastic
    38. Invisible Woman
    39. Human Torch
    40. Thing
    41. Daredevil
    42. Punisher
    43. Ultron
    44. Scarlet Witch
    45. Quicksilver
    46. Star-Lord
    47. Groot
    48. Black Widow
    49. Songbird
    50. Medusa
    That's not a bad roster actually, though I'd rather have Gamora instead of Groot (who could be an attack finisher with Rocket). Some more male X-Men is a nice tough too given we only got Wolverine and three ladies with X-23, Jean Grey and Storm, though having Psylocke and possibly Emma Frost would be nice additions. The only issue is that there's not many extra villains. I don't believe you have to be 50-50 on such things, but an extra Spider-Man villain (either Doctor Octopus or Venom) would be ideal.

DIT: Oh and I'd take out Shuma Gorath, because seriously who cares about him outside the Capcom developers?!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

26. Green Goblin
    27. Loki
    28. Thanos
    30. Black Panther
    31. Moon Knight
    32. Juggernaut
    33. Psylocke
    34. Cyclops
    35. Iceman
    36. Nightcrawler
    37. Mr Fantastic
    38. Invisible Woman
    39. Human Torch
    40. Thing
    41. Daredevil
    42. Punisher
    43. Ultron
    44. Scarlet Witch
    45. Quicksilver
    46. Star-Lord
    47. Groot
    48. Black Widow
    49. Songbird
    50. Medusa
    If this a solo fighter this roster size is pushing. A game like MvC can have a 50+ character roster because the player are using 3 characters and team synergy is an essential aspect of the game. A solo doesn't need that many characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    That's not a bad roster actually, though I'd rather have Gamora instead of Groot (who could be an attack finisher with Rocket). Some more male X-Men is a nice tough too given we only got Wolverine and three ladies with X-23, Jean Grey and Storm, though having Psylocke and possibly Emma Frost would be nice additions. The only issue is that there's not many extra villains. I don't believe you have to be 50-50 on such things, but an extra Spider-Man villain (either Doctor Octopus or Venom) would be ideal.

DIT: Oh and I'd take out Shuma Gorath, because seriously who cares about him outside the Capcom developers?!
    Everyone that plays the MvC games.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Everyone that plays the MvC games.
    I have never heard anyone request him before, and he's so darn obscure and barely in the comics...

I have never heard anyone request him before, and he's so darn obscure and barely in the comics...

People didn't request him. The Devs asked for him for Nostalgia's sake. Another reason Marvel needs to leave Capcom. Things like Sentinal and Shumi getting priority over characters Marvel actually has a future invested in.
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-04-2016 at 05:27 PM.

BANNED

Because it's an Avengers vs X-Men game and based on a specific (if more recent) era of Marvel! That's why there's no Guardians or Inhumans or Fantastic Four outside Thing (who was a New Avenger at the time). I picked that roster because they're all interesting characters who I'd like to play as, and I'm certain that they would all play well, whether they're Psylocke or Kitty Pryde or Valkyrie or whoever else. As for Fantomex he's clearly different enough in the comics that he could play differently if a developer worked on him, or will Superman and Supergirl play exactly the same in Injustice 2? Or do Wolverine and X-23 in UMVC3?

As I said before, character selection in a fighting game for Marvel would probably have to be specific to a certain team or two if we got one because of how many are known.
    Which is why it's such a terrible idea. If you can draw up a list of 50 characters for a Marvel fighting game, and it leaves off so many popular Marvel characters, and has such a boring and uninteresting lineup of characters, it's probably time to completely rethink the concept you're going with.

BANNED

It doesn't matter that he's obscure, he's awesome. He's a weird lovecraftian tentacle space monster, it's an interesting change up when your cast of characters are almost all exclusive human looking. He's a refreshing change from what's normally found in fighting games.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    People didn't request him. The Devs asked for him for Nostalgia's sake. Another reason Marvel needs to leave Capcom. Things like Sentinal and Shumi getting priority over characters Marvel actually has a future invested in.
    Every series has it's signature characters. Shuma is that for Capcom's Marvel fighting games. He doesn't look like your prototypical fighting game character and that's awesome. This series is the only time he ever gets any exposure. Don't take that away from him. Why are so hostile over the developers having favorites? They are the ones who are making the game. I'm sure there are characters they are interested in using that would make for good fighting game characters. They went with Super Skrull when they couldn't get the F4 to work.

Fantastic Member

Every series has it's signature characters. Shuma is that for Capcom's Marvel fighting games. He doesn't look like your prototypical fighting game character and that's awesome. This series is the only time he ever gets any exposure. Don't take that away from him. Why are so hostile over the developers having favorites? They are the ones who are making the game. I'm sure there are characters they are interested in using that would make for good fighting game characters. They went with Super Skrull when they couldn't get the F4 to work.

From my understanding, Marvel had said "All or none" for the F4, so Capcom decided to go with Skrull as a compromise since he has all of their powers. Human Torch was actually originally in MVC3, but he was removed and the majority of his moveset went to Skrull which is why most of Skrull's moves involve Human Torch's powers.

And Shumi is one of the least used and least cared about characters in MvC3. But ppl are suppose to applaud his inclusion because the devs wanted him and he's an anime tentacle monster? I doubt his inclusion boosted sales at all. Which (To Marvel and Disney) is what's important moreso than nostalgia quirkiness
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-04-2016 at 08:58 PM.