Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Which is why it's such a terrible idea. If you can draw up a list of 50 characters for a Marvel fighting game, and it leaves off so many popular Marvel characters, and has such a boring and uninteresting lineup of characters, it's probably time to completely rethink the concept you're going with.
    A Marvel fighting game either has to be specific to one or two teams if you want a good roster, or else you'll have to juggle so many groups and teams that you'd likely get only the A-Listers for each one. Also boring is your own perspective. I love Kitty Pryde for example and whilst her powers are pretty difficult to translate into a video game I'm sure with some work - and a Lockheed assist - she would be awesome to play.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    From my understanding, Marvel had said "All or none" for the F4, so Capcom decided to go with Skrull as a compromise since he has all of their powers. Human Torch was actually originally in MVC3, but he was removed and the majority of his moveset went to Skrull which is why most of Skrull's moves involve Human Torch's powers.
    This was one of my biggest nits with UMVC3, two significant FF villains and no FF (outside She Hulk, who was a cool addition) to fight them with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    A Marvel fighting game either has to be specific to one or two teams if you want a good roster, or else you'll have to juggle so many groups and teams that you'd likely get only the A-Listers for each one. Also boring is your own perspective. I love Kitty Pryde for example and whilst her powers are pretty difficult to translate into a video game I'm sure with some work - and a Lockheed assist - she would be awesome to play.
    No it doesn't. If we wanted to point to this idea you've somehow gotten into your head being false, we only really need to look at MvC2 and the two MvC3 games, both of which have way better lineups of characters than you up together, has less Marvel characters in them, and aren't just full of A-listers. Hell, if anything you've somehow put together a cast of 50 made up of more named characters, and still somehow found a way to leave out major characters like Doctor Doom. I mean, you don't have anyone weird across 50 characters in your wish list, you don't have anyone like MODOK, (who is by no means the least well know of most weird Marvel character to make it into on of these Capcom games) and your X-Men side of things with 25 characters comes off as less interesting than the 12 that make up the all X-Men fighting game X-Men Children of the Atom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    And Shumi is one of the least used and least cared about characters in MvC3. But ppl are suppose to applaud his inclusion because the devs wanted him and he's an anime tentacle monster? I doubt his inclusion boosted sales at all. Which (To Marvel and Disney) is what's important moreso than nostalgia quirkiness
    What a surprise, the DLC character you have to pay extra for is used less than others.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    And Shumi is one of the least used and least cared about characters in MvC3. But ppl are suppose to applaud his inclusion because the devs wanted him and he's an anime tentacle monster? I doubt his inclusion boosted sales at all. Which (To Marvel and Disney) is what's important moreso than nostalgia quirkiness
    Shuma is not used often because he's DLC and a low tier character. He's terrible as a point character and his only one good assist but it can be blown up easily. I used Shuma in one of teams and his laser assist is great that it covers the entire screen. The start up for that laser is slow as hell. A beam project is all that's needed to take him out. He's one of the characters that a patch could really help.

In the Vs games they are totally different. The fireballs are different sizes, speeds, and Ken's only travels for half the screen. Ken's hurricane kick move doesn't act anything at all like Ryu's as well. Ken also isn't in MvC3, even with them being made more different in the vs series, they're still enough alike where Capcom didn't put them both in.
    Look, you and your fighting game expertise may think Ken and Ryu are hugely different characters, but for the average Joe who's experience is that he played "one of those Street Fighter games a while back" and is interested in trying out the new one he heard about, Ken plays like Ryu, who plays like Akuma, whom plays like Evil Ryu, who plays like Dan, who plays like Evil Ken, who plays like probabaly a couple of other Ryu clones I'm forgetting about.

Sagat and Sakura are just different enough to not get labeled as part of the group, but even they come close.

When you have ALL of Marvel and Capcom's characters to choose from you don't want to go "Okay, let's put in karate guy and other slightly different karate guy." You want to go "Okay, let's have the karate guy and ... oh... how about the monkey man that rides the dinosaur, or the guy who's made entirely out of sand, or the medieval knight with the laser sword and the jet motorcycle."

Sure when you're doing your crossover game, you want to hit the A-list characters first, but once you've got them out of the way, you start pulling from the characters that are just going to be fun to play (and maybe one or two "How they heck did he get in here?" characters just to keep people on their toes.)

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Eh, Disney has changed how they're approaching gaming so this is predictable.

Speaking of SF characters... Sakura isn't in SFV yet despite her popularity. When asked about it the debs did day they're trying to make each character unique and Sakura is rumored to be in wave 2 of the dlc. If so they better give her that gym teacher look as her default as this is after SFIV and Sakura is older than Cammy.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Look, you and your fighting game expertise may think Ken and Ryu are hugely different characters, but for the average Joe who's experience is that he played "one of those Street Fighter games a while back" and is interested in trying out the new one he heard about, Ken plays like Ryu, who plays like Akuma, whom plays like Evil Ryu, who plays like Dan, who plays like Evil Ken, who plays like probabaly a couple of other Ryu clones I'm forgetting about.

Sagat and Sakura are just different enough to not get labeled as part of the group, but even they come close.

When you have ALL of Marvel and Capcom's characters to choose from you don't want to go "Okay, let's put in karate guy and other slightly different karate guy." You want to go "Okay, let's have the karate guy and ... oh... how about the monkey man that rides the dinosaur, or the guy who's made entirely out of sand, or the medieval knight with the laser sword and the jet motorcycle."

Sure when you're doing your crossover game, you want to hit the A-list characters first, but once you've got them out of the way, you start pulling from the characters that are just going to be fun to play (and maybe one or two "How they heck did he get in here?" characters just to keep people on their toes.)
    There is no may, they are different. Your not giving the average joe enough credit. Starting with Alpha Ryu and Ken differences became more apparent to even the most casual of players. Their specials function differently, they have their on supers, they own normals. Ken has always been more popular with Ryu among casuals because he's flashier and his style is more geared towards offense. That's not even getting to Akuma who general has greater degree of options than those two with his teleports, demon flip and air fireballs.

Fantastic Member

One thing I do wish they did in MVC3 was give Ryu his ability from MVC to change into either Ken or Akuma and gave Akuma's spot to a much more unique SF character. Particularly Bison. Capcom missed a opportunity for some dialogue between him and Wesker. As well as for Deadpool to make references to the various Bison memes.

And I do agree that it's nice for developers to be more creative with crossover games and put in some lesser known characters. I mean for Injustice 2 we have Deadshot and Gorilla Grodd. Though the former most likely only got in because of the Suicide Squad movie and the latter most likely because of the Flash TV show and his rogues gallery being a lot more marketable than they were a few years ago. The TV series is entering it's third season and has generally positive reaction near as I can tell, so the majority of people that don't read comics will go "Oh, hey, it's Grodd! I remember him from Flash!" Whereas if he had been in Injustice 1, many of these people would probably have this kind of reaction "A talking psychic gorilla? Lame! Why can't we have someone cooler like (insert Batman villain)?"

BANNED

This seems like a very weird reply to make in response to a post that points out that Ken was in fact not in the last Marvel Vs Capcom game. I've probably also said I'd love for Devil Dinosaur to be in a MvC game in this thread too, which makes your reply to me pointing out that in the VS games Ryu and Ken aren't alike, (that has nothing to do with who I'd like to see in a Marvel vs Capcom game) seem kind of weird.

For some very odd reason you're telling after you get past a few bigger characters you should have some lesser known one when I'm pretty sure I made this exact same point in this exact thread already...I think I did anyways, it been a while since I've looked at it. Saying that Ken and Ryu play differently in the VS games isn't me saying they should both be there. I don't even think they made Akuma weird enough to really justify his place in MVC3; if he's going to be there they should give him his SF3 and CvS2 Shin Akuma stuff, and probably a Shin Akuma mode that acts something like Dark Phoenix. I'd love for them to just change Akuma more so his demon flip because like Gato's Fuu-ga. If Akuma is going to be in a game with Ryu, it be nice if he didn't really feel like Ryu either.

BANNED

One thing I do wish they did in MVC3 was give Ryu his ability from MVC to change into either Ken or Akuma and gave Akuma's spot to a much more unique SF character. Particularly Bison. Capcom missed a opportunity for some dialogue between him and Wesker. As well as for Deadpool to make references to the various Bison memes.

And I do agree that it's nice for developers to be more creative with crossover games and put in some lesser known characters. I mean for Injustice 2 we have Deadshot and Gorilla Grodd. Though the former most likely only got in because of the Suicide Squad movie and the latter most likely because of the Flash TV show and his rogues gallery being a lot more marketable than they were a few years ago. The TV series is entering it's third season and has generally positive reaction near as I can tell, so the majority of people that don't read comics will go "Oh, hey, it's Grodd! I remember him from Flash!" Whereas if he had been in Injustice 1, many of these people would probably have this kind of reaction "A talking psychic gorilla? Lame! Why can't we have someone cooler like (insert Batman villain)?"
    Those aren't lesser known characters. Grodd was on the Legion of Doom in Superfriends, he was a major villain in the DCAU Justice League shows, and he's on The Flash. Gorilla Grodd is a DC villain someone that's never even seen a comic book could know of. Deadshot is showing up in Injustice 2 after being played by Will Smith in a major motion picture, and after showing up in two of the Arkham games.

If Grodd was in the first Injustice game I really doubt many people would have said that, he's probably one of the few non-Batman villains people know. I'm almost surprised the villain side of Injustice wasn't just mostly made up of characters from the Legion of Doom.

I thought Capcom lost every right to make a Marvel related game.

Reminds me of Honest Trailers: Street Fighter.
    "Ryu, Other Ryu, Evil Ryu, Joke Ryu, Girl Ryu, Evil..er Ryu?"

The resemblance in their move sets is great, the older the games the more it feels like Ken is basically Ryu with a different skin.
    But the more games you play the games bigger the gap becomes.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Fantastic Member

Those aren't lesser known characters. Grodd was on the Legion of Doom in Superfriends, he was a major villain in the DCAU Justice League shows, and he's on The Flash. Gorilla Grodd is a DC villain someone that's never even seen a comic book could know of. Deadshot is showing up in Injustice 2 after being played by Will Smith in a major motion picture, and after showing up in two of the Arkham games.

If Grodd was in the first Injustice game I really doubt many people would have said that, he's probably one of the few non-Batman villains people know. I'm almost surprised the villain side of Injustice wasn't just mostly made up of characters from the Legion of Doom.

I'll give you Grodd, but until he started appearing in the Arkham games, the average joe didn't know who Deadshot was. And even after that and him being in Suicide Squad, not that many people were requesting him. Most people want Deathstroke to return or Red Hood added as a new character. And now they think that Deadshot hinders their chances.

Though I'd be surprised if the majority of people that don't read comics would actually even remember Grodd being in the Superfriends cartoon.

BANNED

I'll give you Grodd, but until he started appearing in the Arkham games, the average joe didn't know who Deadshot was. And even after that and him being in Suicide Squad, not that many people were requesting him. Most people want Deathstroke to return or Red Hood added as a new character. And now they think that Deadshot hinders their chances.

Though I'd be surprised if the majority of people that don't read comics would actually even remember Grodd being in the Superfriends cartoon.
    It doesn't matter if the average joe didn't know who Deathshot was before 2011, (although Deadshot showed up in some DCAU stuff and that Batman tie-in anime for the Nolan movies) because it's 2016, and they added him after all the Suicade Squad movie stuff. You could maybe call Deadshot obscure sometime before, you can't can him an obscure character now. If Negasonic Teenage Warhead showed up in a Marvel vs Capcom game now, you couldn't say they added some obscure X-Men character anymore, because she's now a popular character from one of the biggest comic book movies.

If they remember Superfriends, than they probably remember the big talking gorilla that was one of the main villains.

Fantastic Member

Compared to other DC characters(especially the majority of the Injustice 1 cast), Deadshot is a nobody. Especially considering other masked assassins are heavily requested(as I already mentioned). Hell no one except for comic "purists" complained about his race being changed in SS because he wasn't that popular to begin with. And being in other media doesn't always make a character popular. Killer Frost made some appearances in the DCAU, but she was still pretty much the most obscure character in Injustice 1. Her inclusion their was out of left field even for people that read comics. Both Dormammu and Doctor Strange appeared in Spider-man TAS and some people were clueless as to who they were when they were revealed in MVC3 and UMVC3.

Iron Man had a cartoon in 90s and appeared in some games, but he didn't take off in popularity until Robert Downey Jr played him in the 2008 movie.
    Last edited by KCJ506; 09-02-2016 at 08:58 PM.