Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Compared to other DC characters(especially the majority of the Injustice 1 cast), Deadshot is a nobody. Especially considering other masked assassins are heavily requested(as I already mentioned). Hell no one except for comic "purists" complained about his race being changed in SS because he wasn't that popular to begin with. And being in other media doesn't always make a character popular. Killer Frost made some appearances in the DCAU, but she was still pretty much the most obscure character in Injustice 1. Her inclusion their was out of left field even for people that read comics. Both Dormammu and Doctor Strange appeared in Spider-man TAS and some people were clueless as to who they were when they were revealed in MVC3 and UMVC3.

Iron Man had a cartoon in 90s and appeared in some games, but he didn't take off in popularity until Robert Downey Jr played him in the 2008 movie.
    Only that isn't true, because he's now a lead character in a major motion picture. It would be like saying Zod isn't one of the biggest Superman villains of all time because the comics almost never use him, well yeah sure, but he's also the main villain of one of the biggest piece of Superman media there is, and then he was in Man of Steel. It doesn't matter if Deadshot was once obscure, because now he isn't even kind of obscure, and now is when they're putting him in a video game. You can't be obscure anymore when you're the lead character in a huge movie. Like I said before, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, once an obscure character, but if Capcom were to put her in a new upcoming Marvel game, or a Marvel VS game now, it would be pretty weird to call her obscure because it would be happening post Deadpool.

Iron Man had a show nobody watched, I don't even know what your point is there. Although people knew who Iron Man was before, he's in some much loved video games, they just didn't really give all that much of a shit about Iron Man stories.

Some people that played MvC3 weren't even born when that Spider-Man cartoon ended, it's not surprising that everyone doesn't know every character. That isn't exactly the same as a character being revealed shortly after the big movie he's in is released, and said game comes out the following year. I've got some little nieces and nephews, pretty sure none of the, have ever looked at a comic, and they knew who Dr. Strange was. I don't think I ever really saw anyone saying they didn't know who he was when UMvC3 came out, I saw it with Rocket Raccoon, but not Strange. He's even already in a ending in the first version of the game.

Honestly, do you guys think that the whole X-Men/F4 ban is putting Capcom off from trying to make a deal for MvC4? The guy that fought for the likes of Sentinel & Shuma-Gorath, Seth Killian, is no longer with Capcom (he's now with the Rising Thunder guys who got bought out by Riot). As such, Capcom doesn't really have anyone on the US side who could fight the likes of Perlmutter on their ban. Sure, maybe Combofiend (Peter Rosas) & Haunts could do something about it, but we don't know about their skills as negotiators. And after Street Fighter V's shaky launch, I'm not sure if Capcom would want to risk taking the blame for Marvel's corporate BS (as Marvel could easily use Capcom as a scapegoat).
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

BANNED

Forza Horizon being free on Xbox Live reminded me of something, how when Furious 7 was coming out they released this standalone Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious expansion as a promotion thing for free. Now, if I'm buying a Marvel fighting game, (or any all Marvel game of any kind really) or a Marvel vs Capcom game, and there aren't any X-Men characters or whatever because Marvel is being stupidly petty, I'm going to be pissed. But if, say, Marvel got Capcom to do some little Marvel fighting game that was free as a promotion for their movies, I'm not going to give a shit if there aren't any X-Men or Fantactic Four characters at all, could even just be MCU characters if the price of admission is nothing at all. I mean, if they want to make a commercial for the movies, that's cool, just don't charge me to play the commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Forza Horizon being free on Xbox Live reminded me of something, how when Furious 7 was coming out they released this standalone Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious expansion as a promotion thing for free. Now, if I'm buying a Marvel fighting game, (or any all Marvel game of any kind really) or a Marvel vs Capcom game, and there aren't any X-Men characters or whatever because Marvel is being stupidly petty, I'm going to be pissed. But if, say, Marvel got Capcom to do some little Marvel fighting game that was free as a promotion for their movies, I'm not going to give a shit if there aren't any X-Men or Fantactic Four characters at all, could even just be MCU characters if the price of admission is nothing at all. I mean, if they want to make a commercial for the movies, that's cool, just don't charge me to play the commercial.
    I don't think Capcom's in the market to do any kind of free fighting game marketing stunt like that. Fighting games require a lot in terms of modeling, animating, balancing, & a bunch of other stuff. If they're gonna work with Marvel on a fighting game, it's gonna be either Marvel Super-Heroes 2 or Marvel vs. Capcom 4.

But I'll say this, if Capcom can't fight Marvel on their recent X-Men/F4 restrictions, the fighting game community is gonna be pissed. Even when Street Fighter V launched barebones for the Capcom Pro Tour (this is less of a problem now), the actual gameplay was fantastic enough for the FGC to embrace the game with open arms. For what may happen with MvC4, keep in mind that most of the FGC that we know now grew up with the X-Men animated series & MvC games that were a product of that era. The removal of every single Fox character may spiral into a bigger PR nightmare than SFV's barebones launch or SFxT's on-disc DLC (possibly combined), mainly because it'd piss off the competitive scene just as much as it would anger the casuals. And as mentioned earlier, after recent events, the uneducated may blame Capcom for it.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

A few things about the competative/tournament scene

1. They don't care what characters are in so long as they can win with them. I.E. a generic random Sentinal. Sentinal could have been a A.I.M goon and people in that scene would still pick him if it meant easy wins.

2. They are maybe 3% of the purchasing market and Marvel really doesn't care about catering to that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    I don't think Capcom's in the market to do any kind of free fighting game marketing stunt like that. Fighting games require a lot in terms of modeling, animating, balancing, & a bunch of other stuff. If they're gonna work with Marvel on a fighting game, it's gonna be either Marvel Super-Heroes 2 or Marvel vs. Capcom 4.

But I'll say this, if Capcom can't fight Marvel on their recent X-Men/F4 restrictions, the fighting game community is gonna be pissed. Even when Street Fighter V launched barebones for the Capcom Pro Tour (this is less of a problem now), the actual gameplay was fantastic enough for the FGC to embrace the game with open arms. For what may happen with MvC4, keep in mind that most of the FGC that we know now grew up with the X-Men animated series & MvC games that were a product of that era. The removal of every single Fox character may spiral into a bigger PR nightmare than SFV's barebones launch or SFxT's on-disc DLC (possibly combined), mainly because it'd piss off the competitive scene just as much as it would anger the casuals. And as mentioned earlier, after recent events, the uneducated may blame Capcom for it.
    It wouldn't be free for them, they would be paid to make it by Marvel like Marvel pays for trailers and commercials to be made. And if it was like that free Fast and Furious game, it wouldn't actually stay free forever, it would only be free during that opening week when they really want your eyes and mind on that series.

At this point I'm pretty sure the fighting game community doesn't even really care if Marvel isn't even there. They're wondering why Capcom doesn't just do a VS style game with their own characters as opposed to just waiting around for Marvel at this point. They don't want to wait around for another eleven years for something that plays similar from Capcom again. But yeah, if Marvel is there, and there aren't any X-Men at all, (some of the most popular characters in the series are X-Men, (and Doom) and this all started with the X-Men) they'll be pissed about that too, as would comic fans, and just casuals that paid to play with Marvel characters. Maybe some of the casuals won't be pissed, but I'm sure they'll be confused by the absence of some of Marvel's biggest characters in a series about fighting Marvel characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

1. They don't care what characters are in so long as they can win with them. I.E. a generic random Sentinal. Sentinal could have been a A.I.M goon and people in that scene would still pick him if it meant easy wins.

2. They are maybe 3% of the purchasing market and Marvel really doesn't care about catering to that.
    They love Capcom's take on the Sentinel though.

It wouldn't be free for them, they would be paid to make it by Marvel like Marvel pays for trailers and commercials to be made. And if it was like that free Fast and Furious game, it wouldn't actually stay free forever, it would only be free during that opening week when they really want your eyes and mind on that series.

At this point I'm pretty sure the fighting game community doesn't even really care if Marvel isn't even there. They're wondering why Capcom doesn't just do a VS style game with their own characters as opposed to just waiting around for Marvel at this point. They don't want to wait around for another eleven years for something that plays similar from Capcom again. But yeah, if Marvel is there, and there aren't any X-Men at all, (some of the most popular characters in the series are X-Men, (and Doom) and this all started with the X-Men) they'll be pissed about that too, as would comic fans, and just casuals that paid to play with Marvel characters. Maybe some of the casuals won't be pissed, but I'm sure they'll be confused by the absence of some of Marvel's biggest characters in a series about fighting Marvel characters.
    You two are underestimating the FGC's love of Marvel characters. And as stated earlier, most of them grew up during the 90's, so they kind of have an attachment to the X-Men characters (thanks to both the cartoon at the time & their presence in Marvel during that era). As simbob said, the X-Men are the foundation of the MvC series, & their loss would cause a pretty sizable uproar within the FGC as well as casuals.

If you ask me, this may be one of the main reasons why Capcom didn't opt to make a deal with Marvel, yet. While Capcom fans ask for a Capcom All-Stars game using UMvC3's engine, Capcom only really has 5 or so big franchises (one of which, Monster Hunter, has devs who don't really want their characters playable in a fighting game for whatever reason). The Marvel characters are the ones who bring in the casuals. And even without the X-Men or the Fantastic Four, the Avengers & the Guardians are household names. Take that away and Capcom would be forced to focus more on the likes of Street Fighter & Resident Evil, to the detriment of franchises like Darkstalkers and Ghost & Goblins.

And concerning the competitive scene, they're the ones keeping UMvC3 alive to this day. While sure, they don't make up a large amount of the market, they do still bring attention to the games through live streams & now (thanks to Street Fighter V) televised tournaments. Either way, as mentioned earlier, the loss of the Fox characters would anger the casuals just as much as it would the competitive scene.

BANNED

I'm not underestimating it, I know they love those characters, but if they've got to wait another eleven years for Capcom to make another VS style game because they're waiting on Marvel to come back, I'm sure they'd happy do without them.

Capcom has way more than enough characters to fill out a fighting game. I'm not even really sure where you get having more room for Capcom characters would somehow be to the detriment of series like Darkstalkers and Ghost & Goblins. It's not like a 50, or 48 character line-up of just Capcom characters would all of the sudden have less Darkstalkers than MVC3. My guess would be if it was just Capcom characters they'd be picking characters more with Japan in mind like they MvC1&2 and Tatsunoko, where you've got characters like Batsu, Kaijin no Soki, Saki Omokan, Son Son, and Pure and Fur.

And who the hell knows why Capcom doesn't make an all Capcom fighting game. Japanese studios can be infuriatingly stupid at times. If Capcom did things like an American studio, there's no way in hell the gape between them releasing a fighting game that plays like MvC2 would have taken so long. They would have just released a new one with some other company, or just with there own characters, probably by 2002. They may not be doing it because of Capcom Fighting Evolution, even though that game didnt play like the Vs series and wasn't the thing anyone wanted from an all Capcom fighting game. I'm still not even sure why someone hasn't yet made a Project X Zone fighting game.

I'm not underestimating it, I know they love those characters, but if they've got to wait another eleven years for Capcom to make another VS style game because they're waiting on Marvel to come back, I'm sure they'd happy do without them.

Capcom has way more than enough characters to fill out a fighting game. I'm not even really sure where you get having more room for Capcom characters would somehow be to the detriment of series like Darkstalkers and Ghost & Goblins. It's not like a 50, or 48 character line-up of just Capcom characters would all of the sudden have less Darkstalkers than MVC3. My guess would be if it was just Capcom characters they'd be picking characters more with Japan in mind like they MvC1&2 and Tatsunoko, where you've got characters like Batsu, Kaijin no Soki, Saki Omokan, Son Son, and Pure and Fur.

And who the hell knows why Capcom doesn't make an all Capcom fighting game. Japanese studios can be infuriatingly stupid at times. If Capcom did things like an American studio, there's no way in hell the gape between them releasing a fighting game that plays like MvC2 would have taken so long. They would have just released a new one with some other company, or just with there own characters, probably by 2002. They may not be doing it because of Capcom Fighting Evolution, even though that game didnt play like the Vs series and wasn't the thing anyone wanted from an all Capcom fighting game. I'm still not even sure why someone hasn't yet made a Project X Zone fighting game.
    My fear comes from the fact that Capcom would have to sell the game somehow, & they don't have nearly as much marketing power as Marvel does with their characters. That's why I'm afraid that they'd focus more on Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Mega Man, & Devil May Cry for a potential Capcom All-Stars roster, to make up for the lack of casual appeal that a company like Marvel would bring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    My fear comes from the fact that Capcom would have to sell the game somehow, & they don't have nearly as much marketing power as Marvel does with their characters. That's why I'm afraid that they'd focus more on Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Mega Man, & Devil May Cry for a potential Capcom All-Stars roster, to make up for the lack of casual appeal that a company like Marvel would bring.
    They could focus on Street Fighter, Residents Evil, and Devil May Cry (they don't give a shit about Mega Man anymore) and they'd still have more room for stuff like Darkstalkers because they'd just have more room for characters. They also did exactly what you're talking about in the more American focused MvC3, which seems to have the most American focused line-up of any of the VS games. Look at Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, it's the made for Japan one, and that's got Capcom characters that haven't had games in years, didn't show up in MvC3, and kind of weirdly has nobody from a RE or DMC game.

After Chirs, Wesker, Jill, and Nemesis, there's not a whole lot left for a fighting game. Like who else is there, Leon, HUNK, Alexia Ashford, Ada Wong, Krauser, maybe Birkin? Even if all of them were in a All Capcom fighting game, with 48 to 50 characters in it, and I really doubt all those would be there, there's still lots of room for other characters.

They love Capcom's take on the Sentinel though.
    They love winning with top tier characters that make it easier. If Sentinel played as poorly as Dan in MvC2 then no one would mention a word about him other than why is this stupid thing in the game.

Capcom tried that and it failed.

BANNED

They love winning with top tier characters that make it easier. If Sentinel played as poorly as Dan in MvC2 then no one would mention a word about him other than why is this stupid thing in the game.
    They liked Sentinel before MvC2.

Capcom tried that and it failed.
    They've literally never tried it. Capcom Fighting Evolution, the game I bring up in that very post, isn't even kind of them trying to do a VS style game with just their characters. They aren't even using characters like they would in that series, it's just fight game characters playing like they do from their series.

BANNED

Marvel v. Capcom failed when they never released any N64 version of the game and they had online capabilities of the Saturn. If you want that game you might as well use Kalleria client to play with real players across the world. I was like flying all over the place. Too many good fighting and beat em up games to play