Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Black Magick isn't over. It's just being put on hold until Rucka and Scott are done with their 6 issue arc of Wonder Woman.
    Which is exactly the problem being talked about. Big delays = clueless readers. Which = lost readers. Not everyone follows creators on social media, so it gets hard to know what's happening, assuming they even address what's happening. Image as a publisher sure don't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    They constantly wheel out (often enjoyable) ultra high concepts that just fizzle out. At least ten books I've really liked have just vanished. I think if you're not sticking to a big title like Saga or Walking Dead, you're likely to wander off, and not even the big two shrug that sort of thing off.
    Yep, same thing happened to me with Jason Aaron's "The Goddamned".

I just got tired of the delays and uncertainty.

Especially that early in. It's different when you're 3 volumes in to Southern Bastards. 2 issues in to a series? That's a much easier drop.

Extraordinary Member

i disagree, the boom is not "over" per say. We cannot forget that many Image works are becoming TV series and movies!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    i disagree, the boom is not "over" per say. We cannot forget that many Image works are becoming TV series and movies!
    While I agree, it'll be a much better argument once there's more motion on a lot of them and production actually starts. Just because companies own rights to the properties doesn't mean they have to do anything with them for a while.

If they ever do. Image people have been getting "option" money from studios for a long time.

Amazing Member

Well I have nothing but sympathy for the difficulty the creators may have in their lives, isn't that something they kind of have to factor in to a certain extent. I mean a sixty issue series is a monumental undertaking and team effort, and more often than not stuff is gonna happen, thats just life. Its one reason why I wish more of them would try to tell a truly awesome story in 8-12 issues rather than sixty plus. Cause if it gets too big they'll never get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Which is exactly the problem being talked about. Big delays = clueless readers. Which = lost readers. Not everyone follows creators on social media, so it gets hard to know what's happening, assuming they even address what's happening. Image as a publisher sure don't.
    Yeah think you're right here. I'm also in the "ehh I'll wait a year if it means quality" boat, but that's only possible because people like us frequent a message board. Those who do care about delays are often left in the dark, which doesn't foster goodwill for the comic in question or the Image brand overall.

I like how Monstress handles it, very clearly stating "we'll be back in August" both in the back of issues as well as in solicits. Ditto Saga, it's a predictable pattern. The wait is still there, but they remove most uncertainty by providing the answer upfront. I realise the economics of running an indie title make this difficult to guarantee though...

This is a dumb idea but maybe Image could put a list on their website with the status of all titles or something? Like "Monstress: returns in August 2016, Nonplayer: returns in December 2150" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    If they ever do. Image people have been getting "option" money from studios for a long time.
    Right, exactly

Black Magick isn't over. It's just being put on hold until Rucka and Scott are done with their 6 issue arc of Wonder Woman.
    So how many delays are due to the artist/writer having other commitments (especially for the big two), forcing their Image stuff to be sidelined in the meantime?

Incredible Member

I listened to an interview Greg Rucka did regarding Wonder Woman. He said the plan is for Black Magick to pick up again in April 2017, and suggested there might be some sort of a special surprise when it hits.

Incredible Member

My hope is that the Image Comics publishing schedule is going to improve with this next set of books that were announced at the recent Image Expo. I'm looking at books like Black Monday Murders, Seven to Eternity, Vs., Moonshine, etc.

Seven to Eternity is probably a safe book to jump onto for those who are tired of delays. Remender has been fairly consistent in his release schedule with Black Science, Deadly Class, Low, and Tokyo Ghost. He and his creative teams really should be commended for that (whether you like those particular titles or not).

Remender and co. just keeps pumping out their books on a pretty solid basis. Should it be impressive when that's the general expectation? Probably not... but considering how many creative teams go through delays and how many books Remender is writing for Image, it is pretty impressive.

On the longer running Image series I get it was just easier, more enjoyable, and cost effective to switch to trades. I'd rather read it in chunks at this point. I had my shop stop my pulls of East of West, Black Science, Casanova, Birthright, and Drifter and just let them know to add the new trades for me when they come in. Certain books that have just started I will usually pick up until the first trade comes out. Then go trade exclusive from that point on.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Apparently he is keeping that a secret from everyone cause I've googled for that information and went to his website. Do you have a link to that information?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.